Friday 11 December 2015

THE LiQUiD LiPSTiCK EDiT

Best-Liquid-Lipstick-Review

Liquid lipsticks are probably one of my beauty weakness. I love a good liquid lipstick and I am always on the hunt for a good one. Over the years, I have tried so many liquid lipstick in the search of the one. Of course I can't point out a single lipstick to be the holy grail one but I can give you the list of what I think are the best liquid lipsticks there is.


My First Love- The Estee Lauder Pure Color High Intensity Lip Lacquer is the first liquid lipstick that got me hooked, line, and sinker. The consistency and texture is quiet thick which is the only downside of this liquid lipstick. The two colour that I got which are Mirrored Mauve and Fuchsia Flash are both very pigmented. One coat gives you a full colour. It got a high shine finish and lasts quiet well except that when you eat and drink, it all transfers that re-application is a must after meals or drinks. Two years ago, this is the most decent liquid lipstick you can get and I still love it until now despite its small flaws.

The Budget Buys- I lusted over the Maybelline Color Elixir even before it reached the UK shores. My heart almost leapt out from my chest (too much exaggeration but true) when I spotted it in my local Boots I bought them immediately. The Color Elixir has a very light consistency when applied. It glides on easily and doesn't tug at the lips. It feels balm-y to the lips and is just very comfortable. It has a high shine finish as well but lasts quiet long. The opacity of the shades varies from colour to colour. My favourite shades from the range are Raspberry Rhapsody and Caramel Infused which is like the liquid lipstick version of Mac Patisserie. The Bourjois Rouge Velvet Edition is another drugstore offering that steal my heart. The Rouge Velvet despite having a velvety matte finish is actually quiet comfortable on the lips. It doesn't suck the hydration from the lips. The shades are really opaque and it lasts ages on the lips which is of an amazing seven hours. What more could you ask for?



The Covetable Ones- Since Sephora is not available in the UK, we lot have missed out on a lot of things. The first one that is a source of my frustration for ages as I can't get my hands on is the Sephora Cream Lip Stain. This lip stain is awesome. It has matte finish but is quiet nourishing on the lips as it contains Avocado Oil that helps in lips hydration. The lip stains are very opaque and lasts for more than 8 hours on the lips. My favourite shades are Always Red and Strawberry Kissed. The Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick is probably my top favourite amongst the lot although it is a close one with the Sephora Lip Stain. The range has 28 shades to choose from which is really fab. It has a thin consistency compared to the lot yet it doesn't feel watery. When applied it has a very good opacity and dries immediately. The shades that I got has ultra matte finish. When I say ultra matte, it has an extreme matte finish. It actually looks so gorgeous on the lips. Yet despite the finish, it remains comfortable and very beautiful to wear. My top favourite shades are Melancholia, Lovesick, and Beloved.

So these are my top recommendations for matte lipsticks. What are your favourite ones?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07













57 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous edit hun, I absolutely love liquid lipsticks and now need the Kat Von d ones!!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat Von D and Stila have my favourite liquid lipsticks. Great post!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow the Stila liquid lipsticks seems to dry my lips really. I would probably need to give it another try. Xx

      Delete
  3. I wasn't a fan of liquid lip products for so long however now I seem to enjoy using them. They all look beautiful, I like pink Kat Von D s. NYX soft matte is what I've been wearing recently and really like it x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love liquid lipstick as I find them easier to apply evenly. Xx

      Delete
  4. I actually don't think I own any liquid lipsticks but I need some in my life! Reading this makes me want them even more. I bought an Anastasia liquid lipstick but found it far too drying so gave it to a friend. Will definitely try some of these! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need some in your life beaut. I suffer from dry lips all year round but the mentioned liquid lipsticks are not drying at all. Xx

      Delete
  5. I love getting new lipsticks haha! These ones look fab! <3
    Simimaus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should treat yourself to some if not all Simona! Xx

      Delete
  6. I really want to try the kat von d range I have so many products I have on a wishlist, the bourjois velvet rouge edition ones are fab xxx

    BlondeOfCarbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love the Kat Von D range Jess. They are so awesome. Xx

      Delete
  7. I'm still desperate to get ahold of some Kat Von D products, particularly the liquid lipsticks. They're definitely my product of the year. My favourites have to be Stila and Anastasia Beverly Hills. I want to try out a few more though, like Dose. x

    Megan | http://www.meganjean.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Kat Vod D liquid lipsticks are really amazing Megan! Xx

      Delete
  8. You really take the prettiest pictures! I actually don't own a lot of different lip products, I usually keep it simple or go for a bright red. But the Sehpora Cream Lip Stain is really something that I'd like to try! Unfortunately, we don't have a Sephora in Holland anymore either! :(

    Love, Layla | http://laylarosita.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youso much for the compliment Layla! Xx

      Delete
  9. Great choices, the NYX Matte Lip Creams are really nice as well!

    Makeup Monster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendation beaut! Xx

      Delete
  10. When I look at this photos I think that I'm in paradise!

    xo,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  11. i just got some of the sephora ones that i still need to try, kat von d are my favorite ones ever!

    avec danielle | holiday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets and really like the one Sephora lip cream I have :) the Kat Von D ones are definitely on my wish list for when I go to the US xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would surely love the Kat Von D ones Jas. It is like probably the best there is in the market. Xx

      Delete
  13. I've never tried any liquid lipsticks. I've gone off matte finishes for the time being actually, but I'm still keen to try them! x

    Martha Jane | www.marthajanemusic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Maybelline Colour Elixirs will be perfect for you Martha as it has a high shine finish. Xx

      Delete
  14. Everytime I saw your photos, I always envy how pretty they are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The photos are beautiful! The lipsticks look all amazing, hard to choose the right one :)

    V.
    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great picks. I have a weakness for Bourjois, it's one of my favorite brands.
    Jasmine xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely adore your picture here, because it's lovely & I enjoy a good bright liquid lipsticks! xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the look of matte lips but my lips are so dry I rarely wear them! The Bourjois ones are great though! I really like the NYX soft matte lips too, they are so comfortable to wear!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the Maybelline Color Elixirs, I have it in that same lilac shade, I believe it's called Orchid? The scent of it is so nice! Great picks :)
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've not had my share of liquid li9psticks yet but these just about make me want to jump to the nearest store and buy a whole stash of them. I've heard countless amazing things about the lip lacquers and they've been on my wishlist for ages. I'll reserve Kat Von D for the next payday, haha!

    Thank you for sharing, Ella!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd love to try the Kat Von D, Sephora and Stila versions!

    Sara - She Who Is Short

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is the cutest lipstick edit.
    Love the bakcground.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like you have such a lovely collection! I tend to like tube lipsticks best, but I am also really into NYX's lip creams at the moment.

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been quite enjoying liquid lipsticks lately. Love the Sephora Lip Creams and recently tried the Stila All Day Liquid Lipsticks and they're fab! x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  25. great lipsticks, love the colours xoxo

    http://thefurthestthingfromperfect.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that perfume!
    http://www.silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow all of theses colors are so beautiful! I love the photography in this edit.

    <(') Hoda | JooJoo Azad, a fashion + social action blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for sharing, Ela! I'll have to check out the Maybelline glosses they sound great, thanks so much for sharing, beautiful :) I hope you have a wonderful day and start to your week!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Loving all your edits, they just get better and better! I love liquid lipsticks but always feel like I haven't tried enough brands. Really want to try the Sephora and Kat Von D version next x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  30. These sound AMAZING! I am going to need to go shopping for some makeup.. I wrote these down so I can go take a look! I'm sorry you don't have Sephore in the UK :(
    leavingericafootprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a great selection! Love the Sephora lip creams :)

    My Fair Autumn | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lipsticks look all amazing!
    Marianna
    www.heelsallure.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've not tried any of these but I really love the Bourjois Rouge Edition lipsticks so I'm I'd love their velvet edition liquid lipsticks too- the colours are gorgeous! I really like Lime Crime's Veletines too!

    The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your edits are always spectacular Ella - and this one especially! I'm so keen to try a liquid lipstick after forever spending time layering lipgloss over lipstick. The high intensity lip lacquer by Estee Lauder is high on my wish list :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous, gorgeous colours!! Love everything, it's so pretty! :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
    http://www.youtube.com/sprinklesofstyle

    ReplyDelete
  36. These look great! I'll have to check these out next time I'm in the store!

    Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the colours of all of the different lipstick shown above. I'd consider trying some of these out. I'm also thinking of trying the matte lipsticks from e.l.f. Cosmetics too. - They're inexpensive and I think they're vegan and cruelty free.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. I’m really loving Liquid Lipsticks lately and I agree they are my beauty weakness. I really want to try some of the Kat Von D lipsticks as I’ve heard so many good things, I’ve just ordered the Kylie Jenner ones so cannot wait to see what they are like, but some of my favourites include both Sephora and Stila :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the Bourjois Rouge Edition velvet lipsticks, they are so pigmented and long lasting. My favs are peach club and hot pepper. xx

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Think I might give the Sephora lipsticks a try! The colours you have are gorgeous!
    Katerina
    http://p-s-kate.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...