Friday 23 October 2015

MAC EYESHADOW STARTER KIT


When you first ventured into Mac eyeshadows, it is normal to feel overwhelmed. Mac, as a brand, probably has the widest shade range for every make-up products there is. When I started buying Mac eyeshadows a few years ago, I can still remember how lost I felt. I just don't know what to get. Luckily at that time, a very helpful Mac MUA helped me (there are not so many helpful ones nowadays). I think starting with nude/neutral eyeshadows is always a good start although their nude eyeshadows alone is on mind blowing scales of too many. I compiled four shades from my collection plus one little extra as to what I think are good shades to start with your Mac eyeshadow collection.


All That Glitters- This is probably my all time favourite Mac eyeshadow. I have gone through three of this already by now. All That Glitters is a very pretty medium peachy, coppery shades that almost like rose gold. It has warm undertones and frosted finish. Its pigmentation is superb and it lasts for ages on the eyes. It lasts more than seven hours without primer and it doesn't crease as well. It is gorgeous even when used alone.

Mulch- This is one of my very first Mac eyeshadow. Mulch is a medium-dark bronze with warm undertones. It has very small glitters running through it. Mulch has a pearl finish which looks really pretty. It is a good shade to use for the crease and create smokey eyes. The pigmentation of Mulch is also good and this lasts incredibly well which is more than six hours sans primer.

Satin Taupe- This shade is a cult favourite and I can truly understand why as even though the shade is understated, it is so gorgeous on the eyelids. Satin Taupe is a medium brown taupe with warm undertones. It has a frosty finish. Satin Taupe, like the two other shades, has a very good colour payoff. It is also very soft and blends easily. This lasts for more than eight hours without primer.



Woodwinked- This is a light red-toned brown with warm undertones. Woodwinked has a pearl finish. The consistency is very soft and buttery. It is very workable and goes well with darker shades or when used alone. It is very pigmented and lasts for more than seven hours without primers. Like the above-mentioned eyeshadows, Woodwinked doesn't crease when used and another gorgeous neutral from Mac.

Barely Study- Aside from the usual eyeshadows, Mac also has a wide range of Paint Pots which are their cream eyeshadows. Their shade range is also quiet good on their Paint Pots. If you are to get one shade make it Bare Study. Bare Study is creamy champagne with frosty finish. It is very gorgeous on its own or used as an inner corner highlight for your eyes. I used Bare Study most of the time as my primer as the champagne shade makes any eyeshadow pop out and makes my eyeshadow stays longer.

So these are my top picks for your Mac Eyeshadow Starter Kit. What are your favourite Mac eyeshadows?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07




42 comments:

  1. I honestly couldn't agree with you anymore on this. Woodwinked, ATG and Satin taupe are 3 of my all time favourites!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The three are shades are so pretty, aren't they? Xx

      Delete
  2. I don't own any eyeshadow from MAC and I always feel a little overwhelmed by the choice, I definitely think I'll pick up all of these!
    Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These shades are gorgeous Jodie. You would love them. Xx

      Delete
  3. I was nodding my head reading this! I absolutely love the shades you have mentioned here & would also add Patina & Soba xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Satin Taupe is my all time favourite Mac eyeshadow. It's a tie between Soba and Satin Taupe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is honestly one of the most useful posts I've ever read as I always feel a little lost when it comes to MAC shadows and have no idea which to choose! These all look absolutely beautiful and I want all of them :)
    Love Holly x

    www.thehollydays4.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found this post useful Holly. I can quiet relate how overwhelming it is to find your first eyeshadows from Mac. Xx

      Delete
  6. This is so helpful - I really want to get some Mac eyeshadows but have no idea where to start! Thankyou for giving me some sort of guidance haha, these are stunning shades as well.

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These four shades will be a great start for your collection Lucy. Xx

      Delete
  7. I'm planning on starting my own palette soon and I think All That Glitters and Woodwinked are top of the list! Satin Taupe and Amber Lights were also really popular suggestions from fellow beauty bloggers. Maybe a little Christmas present to myself... x

    Megan | http://www.meganjean.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve to treat yourself with these shades Megan. Xx

      Delete
  8. I've been wanting the all that glitters shade for the longest time, but this starter kit is amazing. All the eyeshadows you chose are so pretty.

    http://perfectshadeofmauve.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love MAC products so much but I don't have any eye shadows from them! lol I have many lipsticks and blushes from the brand. I really like how "all that glitters" and "satin taupe" but I have some dope from Inglot! Love your picks!



     Miriam ♥ A whole lot of serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All that Glitters and Satin Taupe are both so gorgeous Miriam! Xx

      Delete
  10. Apart from Bare Study, which I don't have, I love all of these :) All That Glitters and Woodwinked especially! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty | Zoeva Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. All that glitters looks incredible as does the pot of bare study, I couldn't be more obsessed with shimmers and honestly don't know where to start with mac shadows you're right, it gets overwhelming! xxx


    BlondeOfCarbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my shimmery eyeshadows as well Jess! Xx

      Delete
  12. All That Glitters is my all time favourite eyeshadow, ever! x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so right, MAC has such a broad range of products it's difficult to know where to even begin! All of your metallic eyeshadow choices are beyond beautiful, I'd happily add each or either to my collection - Satin Taupe looks like a shade that could suit everyone! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Gabrielle! I think Satin Taupe is something that suits most skintone. Xx

      Delete
  14. The only MAC shadow i own is barestudy and I don't use it that often. I don't really rate MAC that much to be honest (bad blogger!!!) x

    Abi | abistreetx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some brands better than Mac but I think its amour lies on its wide ranges of shades in any cosmetics. Xx

      Delete
  15. These shades are all so gorgeous, especially all that glitters! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am forever obsessed with All That Glitters Mia. Xx

      Delete
  16. I like the woodwinked! <3

    x, Kat of Nested Thoughts
    Follow me! // Instagram // Twitter // Facebook // Snapchat: katherineannika

    ReplyDelete
  17. Girl I am inlove with the eyeshadow shades you got but I love your Rose Gold lash curler even more! Where'd you get it? :)

    xoxo,
    Angelie
    My Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from H&M. It's not a really good eyelash curler but it is so pretty. It's best for photo props. Xx

      Delete
  18. All That Glitters & Woodwinked are also some of my fave shades, they are just gorgeous. Want to get my hands on one of their paint pots next, they sound amazing x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their paint pots are as awesome as their eyeshadow Alina. Xx

      Delete
  19. Bare Study and Satin Taupe look stunning! I'll have to give them a wee swatch next time I'm in MAC :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should beaut! Both shades are gorgeous. Xx

      Delete
  20. I like Bare Study! I'm smitten with the Naked Palette but I'm sure I'll be checking out Mac soon enough!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naked Palettes are awesome as well Chelsea but I also like the idea of choosing each individual shade for my palette thus the Mac purchases. Xx

      Delete
  21. I've started my MAC Eyeshadows Collection with All That Glitters and Satin Taupe! I adore them both and they are simply amazing for the start:)

    http://www.cojograab.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...