Wednesday 21 October 2015

SULTRY NAiLS FOR AUTUMN


For Autumn, instead of buying new polishes (a habit of a lifetime), I instead rummage to my never ending nail polish stash. The deep and vivid hues of Autumn has it's own sultry allure to me. Instead of just picking deep berry hues to which I am loyal each Autumn, for this year I broadened my choices to deep greens, reds, golds, and a daily, more conservative option of greys.


Estee Lauder Pure Color Nail Polish in Rose Gold- I first got this shade more than two years ago and lost it on one of my trips. I got this again at the beginning of this year as I just can't get over how gorgeous it is. If you are obsessed with Rose Gold just like me, this is perfect for you. The Estee Lauder Rose Gold is a combination of rosey pink and yellow gold, The Rose Gold shade is not overly intense and it has a metallic finish which is fitting to the colour. The nail polish when applied is very pigmented and never streaks unlike some metallic nail polishes. Two coats is enough to an opaque colour and has a very smooth finish.

Essie Master Plan- This is my more conservative option for Autumn. Master Plan is one of my favourite nail polishes all year round so it is not only right that I include it in my Autumn options. Master Plan is describe by Essie as a mischievous soft grey. It is a muted creme taupe-grey. Despite that the shade is quiet subdued, it is very pretty and chic. It needs three coats to get a full opacity of the nail polish. It is a brilliant choice if you are looking for a more subdued nail polish and for every day use.

Essie Vested Interest- As you can probably tell, I am a big fan of Essie. The brand has the widest shade selection there is and every season, they released more new shades. Vested Interest first came out last Fall 2013. Since then, I have been loyal to this nail polish every Autumn. Vested Interest is described by Essie as a cool grey teal. It is muted creme green and although it is green, it is not overpowering. It is muted enough to get away when you used it daily or in your workplace yet it remains stylish and very Autumnal.



Topshop Daredevil Nail Polish- Daredevil is your cliche deep berry shade for Autumn with plummy undertones. This reminds me of the Mac Rebel lipstick but in nail polish form. It has very small glitters that are not OTT but gives the nail polish more edge to it. Although it has tiny glitters on it, it is not a pain to remove as the glitters are not chunky. I don't think though that this is still sold in-store but if you happen to see this, definitely grab one.

Bobbi Brown Bordeaux Nail Polish- I got this shade due to the Marsala trend at the start of the year. As much as I am ashamed to admit it, I am easily swayed with trends. Bordeaux, as the name suggests, is a deep burgundy red. It is very flattering when worn and quiet elegant. This is probably my favourite amongst the five for this Autumn. It needs only two coats to get a full opacity and has a high-gloss finish.

What are your top picks for Autumnal nails?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07






27 comments:

  1. Topshop Daredevil is a beautiful shade for Autumn! I love the Estee Lauder Rose gold shade too- so lovely! x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the heart-eyed emojis at Estee Lauder - Rose Gold! Daredevil is a gorgeous shade as well!

    Sara - She Who Is Short

    ReplyDelete
  3. Master Plan is such a nice shade! I'm in Spring at the moment in Australia and it's all about the nudes here!

    Tanya | www.tanyalouisestone.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Master Plan is gorgeous all year round Tanya! You would love it. Xx

      Delete
  4. I have to say, Autumnal nails are my absolute favourite. Essie Vested Interest looks so gorgeous!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vested Interest is quiet a unique shade Elle and I love it to bits. Xx

      Delete
  5. I tend to mostly wear dark red-browns at this time of the year but love Essie Master Plan. Such a lovely shade.

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Master Plan all year round Tanya. It's my fail-safe option. Xx

      Delete
  6. I need that Estee Lauder Rose Gold in my life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh so many gorgeous shade & such a nice mix for this time of year. Love the Rose Gold shade from Estee Lauder, amazing shade x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Estee Lauder Rose Gold is absolutely gorgeous! I defiantly want to pick that one up, great post!

    Bea | thebeacollective 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Bea. It is so gorgeous and would be perfect as well for the incoming festive season. Xx

      Delete
  9. The Estee Lauder Rose Gold looks insane - a shade I've not come across! Some lovely shades here.

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so gorgeous Lucy! The first time I saw it, I just fell inlove with it. Xx

      Delete
  10. Topshop Daredevil looks so pretty! I love berry shades like that!

    x Marjolein
    www.misscocoblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Rose Gold shade is remarkable. I love how it looks inside the clear packaging. It has such a lovely metallic finish. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It looks pretty even in the packaging. Xx

      Delete
  12. Ah! I love, love, love nail posts and so of course this one is giving me heart palpitations haha. Essie's Vested Interest is undoubtedly a shade I'd happily wear again and again :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Vested Interest since I got it Gabrielle! It's not too full on yet still looks real stylish and quiet unique. Xx

      Delete
  13. Topshop Daredevil looks beautiful! I really love Topshop nail varnishes especially as the formula is fab and the packaging is adorable xx

    Alice Anne // Annie Writes Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Topshop packaging are so adorable and the price is quiet affordable. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...