Monday 14 September 2015

MAC LiP PENCiLS FAVOURiTE

Best-Mac-Lip-Pencils-Review

There are loads of lip pencils to choose from in the market nowadays. Whether it is the drugstore of high-end ones, you can surely choose one. There is no doubt however that only Mac offers the widest range of different shades for lip pencils. Aside from the wide range of shades that Mac offers, I also adore the quality of Mac Lip Pencils. Mac lip pencils glides on beautifully on the lips and doesn't tug when applied. It also doesn't suck the hydration away from the lips and is always comfortable. It also lasts ages and the pigmentation of the lip liners are awesome. The lip pencils are so well-pigmented that you can even use it alone on its own.


Soar- This has been quiet difficult to get hold of and my heart breaks a little each time when I went to a Mac store and it is sold out after Kylie Jenner announced it's one of her favourite lip liners. Imagine the commotion over Soar after that . I almost gave up on looking for it until I went to Prague last June. Lo and behold, they have one in stock and I was overjoyed. Quiet a reaction really over a lip pencil but Soar is a gorgeous lip pencil worth having. It is a mauve-y, dusky rose shade and is perfect to use anytime of the day. It is beautiful to pair with nude lipsticks as well as pink ones.

Boldly Bare- This is a a medium rosy, peach-brown shade and has a good pigmentation. It looks good when worn with nude lipsticks on top of it. This is like my daily lip liner and I love it to bits. It also looks like my lips but better which makes it perfect for day to day use.

Best-Mac-Lip-Pencils-Swatches


Subculture- This is a muted, warm, peachy nude shade. This is almost the same as Boldly Bare but with a peach-y undertone. I usually pair it with my more peach-y shade lipsticks. It is another contender for a good daily lip liner but with my skintone, I am more suited with Boldly Bare.

Cherry- I bought this for the purpose of achieving a long-lasting red lips and this really helps. I posted a while back about my perfect red lip duo which you can find here. Cherry is medium dark red with hints of blue undertones. It is very flattering on the skin and does last ages. You can even wear Cherry on its own as its pigmentation is really good and the shade is gorgeous.

Candy YumYum- This is my latest acquisition and Candy Yum-Yum lip liner is part of the limited edition wherein Mac released some lip pencils that is the same shade as their best selling lipsticks. It is a hot pink shade with blue undertones. Whilst I am a big fan of the Candy YumYum lip liner,  I am not a fan of the Candy YumYum lipstick myself as it is too drying for my lips. I, however, found a more hydrating alternative which is Happy Go Lucky lipstick. Happy Go lucky is a limited edition shade from Playland Collection. It is basically Candy YumYum but with Amplified finish which is more forgiving to my lips. Candy YumYum lip pencil and Happy Go Lucky lipstick is an unbeatable duo for a hot pink lips.

Best-Mac-Lip-Pencils


So these are my favourite Mac Lip Pencils. What are your favourite Mac lip pencils?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07




42 comments:

  1. I don't own any MAC lipliners so this was great to read & see your swatches. Cherry looks like it would match my new favourite MAC Ruby Woo perfectly so maybe I should invest in that first x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherry would be the perfect pair for Ruby Woo Alina. Xx

      Delete
  2. Soar looks ridiculously chic - if I were ever to try a lip pencil, that'd definitely be the direction I'd look in :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just reviewed MAC soar on my blog too and I love it! Need to try Cherry next. Lovely blog.

    Jess
    myblogjessica.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want soar and candy yum yum, I know there are cheaper liners out there but I am such a MAC enthusiast that it gets my vote too haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there are more affordable lip liners but Mac beat them all with it colour range. Xx

      Delete
  5. Every time I wander in your blog, I always find something that I think I need to buy. You are one big enabler lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, not sorry. We need all the pretties Athena! Xx

      Delete
  6. I've not tried any MAC liners or even lipsticks! I really like the look of Cherry, I've heard it's a great match for so many red lipsticks x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherry is the perfect lip liner for any red lipsticks Josie! Xx

      Delete
  7. I really love Dervish as a nude lip liner, I bought it when I wasn't able to find Soar or Whirl anywhere as an alternative and it's definitely my go-to now. I also recently purchased Beet which is a lovely dark pinky plum (well, beetroot) and goes so well with Rebel or Rimmels Kate Moss 107.

    I love the lipliners and end up buying them more than the lipsticks now, as the payoff is amazing!
    xo

    www.whitegoldxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Mac lip pencils are so well-pigmented that you can get away wearing them on its own. Xx

      Delete
  8. I love MAC lip liners for how soft they are. I have Cherry & Soar from your line up, but also love Whirl & Spice. Boldly Bare looks like it might have to be my next one! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boldly Bare is perfect for daily use beaut! Xx

      Delete
  9. I don't have any MAC lip pencil however I would so like to try soar, it is really pretty I guess it is worth the hype x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soar is so pretty Ela. It is definitely worth the hype. Xx

      Delete
  10. soar and cherry would have to be my favourites. Boldly bare looks fab though.
    RavishingRoses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boldly Bare is your bestfriend for a perfect nude lip Rosie. Xx

      Delete
  11. I just bought my first ever lip liner- whirl, about a week a go and I love it! Soar is definitely on my wishlist now!

    http://www.georgianicolaou.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soar is so pretty beaut! You need it in your stash. Xx

      Delete
  12. I really need to get myself some more mac lip pencils! Especially after seeing this post! xx

    Liz | lotsofloveliz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand the need Liz. I want to get every shade of their lip pencils. Xx

      Delete
  13. I need soar. It was out of stock at the weekend in Covent Garden. But like you I'm hoping to pick it up in Duty Free next month!

    Emily x
    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can get one Ems. You would love it. Xx

      Delete
  14. Love MAC lip liners - I did a similar post recently. My favourite is edge to edge x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the look of Soar, it looks so pretty! You've gained a new follower by the way, I love your blog!

    Sara - She Who Is Short

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, thank you Sara! I hope you would love my blog. Xx

      Delete
  16. I only have Charlotte Tilbury Liner and they are great, but I do like the look of boldly bare.
    Kelly
    Kelly's Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boldly Bare is gorgeous Kelly and perfect for daily use. Xx

      Delete
  17. I only own Burgundy from Mac - I'd love to get hold of Soar its so pretty!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still need Soar but everytime I go in it's out of stock! D: I love In Anticipation and Beet. x

    Megan | http://www.meganjean.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soar being out of stock has left me broken hearted several times in the past. Xx

      Delete
  19. I need to say a big test to the Soar lip liner! It's one of the best lip liners and lipstick colours (sometimes I apply it all over my lips and it looks gorgeous). However, my whole time favourite is Spice. It's actually sold out everywhere now, but I found my one a month ago (the last one in the store haha!).

    http://www.cojograab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try Spice asap. I've heard it's one gorgeous shade as well. Xx

      Delete
  20. I'm a big fan of Soar! I also really love Spice. Boldly Bare looks like it could be next on my list :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty | High-End Palette Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boldly Bare is gorgeous Jas! I think you'll like it. Xx

      Delete
  21. Love Mac lip liners. So pretty and long lasting. Soar is gorgeous and I like pairing it with Brave or a nude lip gloss. Boldly Bare and Spice are next on my list. x

    Renata
    ENTER MY GIVEAWAY
    Win an UD Naked Palette (1,2,3 or Smoky) or an Anastasia Contour Kit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...