Wednesday 2 September 2015

TRANSiTiONAL LiPSTiCK WARDROBE

Transitional-Lipstick-Edit

As the days are getting chilly and the weather is quiet manic, I can feel that Autumn is just around the corner. It's that time of the year where it is quiet difficult to choose of what outfit to wear as it could be sunny one minute and pouring with rain the next. This hard choice also extends to my make-up choices. It is not that cold to bring out my deep berry lipsticks out yet and it is not that sunny to stick to my bright lipsticks. After scouring my stash and with new Autumn releases, I found five lipsticks that will get me through this transitional period. The lipsticks are not too bright yet not too dark as well. Their shades sit nicely in between the spectrum and will take you from summer to autumn.

Clarins Tawny Rose Rouge Eclat- This is part of the Clarins Autumn 2015 Collection. Since I got this, I have been using this almost daily. Tawny Rose is a muted medium rose that is almost nude in colour. It is muted yet very elegant to look at. The Clarins Rouge Eclats are also very kind to the lips. The texture is so buttery and is not drying. The packaging as well is a big bonus as it looks so luxurious in its gold glory.

Kiko Lusty Peony Intensely Lavish Lipstick- This is also part of Kiko Rebel Romantic Collection for Autumn 2015. Aside from its gorgeous rose gold packaging, Lusty Peony is also one gorgeous shade. It is a medium deep rose shade that is very flattering yet not overstated. It is very pigmented and one swipe can give a very opaque colour and two swipes give full coverage. The lipstick doesn't settle on the cracks on the lips and gives a satin finish. The packaging is weighted and gives a very satisfying click when you close it.


Clinique Grape Pop Lip Colour and Primer- The Clinique Lip Pop range when released is received with a very positive hype. I am one of those people who went crazy over it. It has a very soft and buttery texture, glides very well on the lips, has a good pigmentation, and quiet hydrating on the lips. For the summer, I opted for the bright shades which are Pink Pop and Melon Pop. For this transitional period, I am obsessed over Grape Pop. It is brightened medium purple shade with pink undertones and is so gorgeous when worn. It is also very pigmented and this shade lives to the hype of the other shades that I enjoyed from the range.

Revlon ColorBurst Sultry Matte Balm- Sultry is a rosy brown shade with berry undertones. It looks quiet daunting but actually is very elegant and flattering when worn. It has a matte finish yet not drying on the lips. Sultry is also very pigmented that two or three swipes can give you full coverage. This lasts for more than 4 hours with eating and drinking.

Mac Syrup Lipstick- Mac Syrup has a lustre finish thus it is quiet sheer when applied but you can layer it up for more pigmentation. It two or three shades darker than the infamous Mac Patisserie. Syrup is muted mauve-y pink shade with plummy undertones to it. When applied, it feels comfortable and hydrating on the lips. The only downside of this is the it doesn't last very long yet I wouldn't really mind re-applying it.



So these are my top five transitional lipsticks. What are your lipstick favourites at the moment?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07



34 comments:

  1. There are so many perfect in-between shades here, and I'm glad because I want to get into those deeper lips ASAP! x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this post is helpful to you hun. Xx

      Delete
  2. Such pretty shades Syrup is next on my Mac lipstick wishlist.

    Catherine x The Beauty Trove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Syrup is gorgeous Catherine. Definitely get it. Xx

      Delete
  3. Mac soar looks really pretty. I will be wearing Syrup this autumn, it's one of my all time favourites.

    Emily x
    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Syrup is indeed so gorgeous Emily! One of my faves as well. Xx

      Delete
  4. LOVE Clinique Grape Pop - it's the perfect shade for Autumn! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great shades! I really want to try a Clinique or Clarins lipstick, the only issue is I don't really like the packaging haha! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I do love the Clarins packaging Josie. I find it very glamorous. Xx

      Delete
  6. Great post! The packaging of the Kiko lipstick looks so gorge! xo

    Catherine | Pretty Little Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just? the rose gold packaging is so dreamy. Xx

      Delete
  7. Eeekkk I have a post liek this coming up (great minds think alike haha). Totally different colours though and I am loving your picks - especially Revlon Sultry

    Hayley @ Tea Party Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds do think alike indeed! I can't wait for your post Hayley. Xx

      Delete
  8. Since I've dyed my hair I've been looking for some alternatives to *just* wearing red lipstick so this is amazing you star, thank you xx

    BlondeOfCarbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you find some new shade ideas Jess! Xx

      Delete
  9. These are all such beautiful transitional shades! I particularly love the look of Kiko's Lusty Peony and Clinique's Grape Pop. I'm excited for winter on the makeup front as I love wearing berry shades on my lips, I'm especially looking forward to wearing NARS' Audacious Lipstick in Charlotte :) x
    Charlotte's Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been eyeing on the Nars Charlotte for ages. I must get it before the Autumn fully kicks in. Xx

      Delete
  10. So many pretty shades, really ideal for a/w! Kiko and Revlon one are my faves. x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh those shades are wonderful. I need MAC syrup :)
    RavishingRoses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Syrup is so beautiful hun. It is worth getting. Xx

      Delete
  12. Clarin's Tawny Rose looks lovely. A great everyday colour xx

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed great for daily use. Tawny Rose has been my daily favourite at the moment. Xx

      Delete
  13. I love MAC Syrup and Tawny Rose :) I actually have a similar post planned in, these kinds of rosy, mauve, nude shades are just my kind of thing xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been wearing Sultry and Lusty Peony non-stop lately! I see we still have the same taste :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely our taste is still in sync Amber! Xx

      Delete
  15. I am terrible with this transitional lipstick stage as I usually go from summer pinks to dark berry lips in an instant haha. You have completely sold Grape Pop to me though, it looks amazing x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grape Pop is gorgeous Alina! I can see that it will defo suit you. Xx

      Delete
  16. These are all so gorgeous but I definitely need to get my hands on Grape Pop and the Revlon offering too. Both are so up my street!

    Heather, Porcelain Beauty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grape Pop is gorgeous Heather! I can't get enough of it. Xx

      Delete
  17. This is one VERY well-timed post haha, I've been wondering about which would be the best lip colours for this month and so this has been really helpful :) I love MAC's Syrup.. I can't believe I haven't yet jumped on the MAC bandwagon haha.

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mac Syrup could be the perfect first Mac item for you Gabrielle. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...