Wednesday 16 September 2015

THE RECiPE OF THE MiNiMS

Le-Couvent-Des-Minimes

Le Couvent Des Minimes is one of a new brand that I discovered at the end of last year. It is a sister company of the infamous L'Occitane but the product of Le Couvent Des Minimes is with a more affordable price tag. Recently, the brand's infamous Recipe of the Minimes Range has a bit of a revamp and was relaunched. The new range gives a refreshing twist to the classic citrus-y scent. The whole range has six body-care essentials. The packaging is minimalist and reminds me of classic French pharmacy packaging.

Freshening Shower Gel (200ml for 7)*- The shower gel has a very refreshing scent which makes it ideal to use in the morning to wake you up. It has Blood Orange and Rosemary which makes it refreshing and revitalising at the same time. It lathers really well and leaves the skin noticeably smooth after using it.

Tonifying Body Lotion (200ml for £7)*- This is a great product to use right after your shower. It comes as a thick cream yet sinks easily to the skin. It has the same scent as the shower gel which makes the two of them a great duo. It also has Shea Butter which helps repair and protect the skin. It leaves the skin well-hydrated without feeling greasy. It just sinks into the skin and leaves a matte finish.

Le-Couvent-Des-Minimes-Review

Everyday Natural Deodorant (50ml for £7)*- I am not a big fan of roll-on deodorant and I prefer the spray ones. This, however, caught my attention as it is made of all natural ingredients and free of Parabens, harsh Aluminum Salts, and drying Alcohol. It instead has natural alum stones which helps combat body odours. I was not expecting much from this deodorant but this somehow exceeds my expectations greatly. When applied, it dries rather quickly which is good as I hate the sticky feeling of deodorants. It smells great due to the combination of Blood Orange, Lemon, and Mandarin. The deodorant does keep sweat at bay and keeps me feeling fresh despite the on and off heatwave that the UK had. Overall, I am really impressed with this deodorant.

Botanical Cologne of the Minims (100ml for £19)*- The cologne is so understated refreshing and citrus-y. It is a great cologne for daily use. It does stay quiet long for more than 6 hours before the scent starts fading. If you use it with the rest of the range, the citrus-y scent lasts longer. I am still on the fence of this as I am more of a floral girl but otherwise this is a great scent.

Have you tried any products from Le Couvent Des Minimes? What are your thoughts about this range?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07



12 comments:

  1. French brands always gets my attention just because they are elusive in the UK before. Knowing that this has an affordable price tag is a big relief to a price conscious person like me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is really good considering how good the products are. Xx

      Delete
  2. They also look luxurious and really affordable! I haven't tried any of these but sounds like good ones x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard of this brand before but sounds interesting. Is it available in the UK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hailey! It's available to purchase from Boots instore and online. Xx

      Delete
  4. I had absolutely no idea that L'Occitane had a sister brand, thanks for the info Ella! The prices are certainly very affordable and their relaunch clearly did something right as the packaging looks beautiful :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of this brand as well until it was introduced to me last year and I'm so glad I discovered it. Xx

      Delete
  5. The deodrant sounds great I am looking for a nice alternative as I have been wanting to switch from my usual sprays for a while xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never tried this brand but I just checked their website and I really like their concept ! I think i am going to try it soon :)


    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brand's concept is really good and their prices are very reasonable. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...