Wednesday 23 September 2015

THE CONCEALER EDiT

The-Concealer-Edit

Concealer has somehow makes a very handy companion for myself. After learning some tricks of how to properly apply concealer form the guru Lisa Eldridge by watching her youtube videos over and over again, I learnt to appreciate how staple concealer is for my make-up routine. Aside from finding the right concealer shade, finding the right concealer to suit your needs is equally important.


The Compact One- The Soap and Glory Kick-Ass Concealer must be my favourite concealer when I am travelling. It is very compact and quiet small that it doesn't take a lot of space. Aside from its compact packaging, Kick Ass concealer has three products in it. There is salmony coloured concealer which is great to use in the undereye area, a greenish colour concealer which helps combat redness and camouflage blemishes really well, and a concealing press powder on top which is great to use to set your concealers. Soap and Glory has really done well in their Kick Ass concealer. Good quality, compact packaging, and affordable price is an unbeatable combination.

The Full Coverage- The Vichy Dermablend Corrective Stick is my concealer of choice for heavy duty concealing. As it comes in a stick form, it is ideal on pinpoint concealing and covering dark areas. The Corrective Stick is very opaque yet quiet waxy in consistency so it is easy to blend and hid problematic areas. When blended properly, it blends naturally to skin. It also lasts ages and doesn't cost a fortune. It also has quiet a good range of shades to choose from.


The Light Reflective One- The YSL Touche Eclat has been a long time favourite of mine. It is very light that I find it really good under my eyes. Now there is a lot of argument about this being a highlighter instead of a concealer and use it instead on top of a concealer. In my case, this does works really fine in concealing and brightening my undereye area without any problem. It has never let me down so this is my go to concealer for ages now. As it is a light reflecting product, it does help light bounce back making you undereye area brighter. It is also very light in consistency that it never settles on the fine line of your eyes and will never appear cake-y.

The Lightweight One- The Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer has been so elusive to me as my colour match is always out of stock. I finally got hold of it a month ago and boy, I do love it. The formula is so creamy yet very light in consistency. Even if it's very light and almost weightless, it is quiet pigmented. It offers a medium to full coverage and quiet easy to blend. As it is light, it will never look cake-y when applied.

The Drugstore Alternative- The Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer is a great drugstore choice for liquid concealer. A lot has been turnoff by the sponge but the sponge is apparently antimicrobial according to Maybelline so it doesn't encourage bacteria growth. But if you are still effy about it like me, then you can easily remove the sponge actually. It makes life easier. The Eraser Eye Concealer is quiet light in consistency as well and gives a decent coverage. It is good to be used under the eye are and also covers slight pigmentation.

Have you tried any of these concealers? What are you thought about these?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07




42 comments:

  1. I really like the Naked concealer & Touche Eclat is a staple for me. I keep meaning to try that Maybelline one but I'm definitely intrigued by the Kick Ass concealer - sounds amazing! I'm loving Clarins Instant Concealer at the moment! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Kick-Ass concealer is also good hun. I like to use it to counteract any redness in my face. Xx

      Delete
  2. Urgh. I cannot tell you how much I love the UD concealer. It really is everything I hoped the NARS concealer would be and more!

    Emily x
    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a very good concealer Ems. I love that I finally found my correct shade. Xx

      Delete
  3. I've just started using Vichy's concealer and it really does cover everything doesn't it. I also loved the eraser, must pick that up again soon!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I love that it can cover almost any imperfections. Xx

      Delete
  4. YSL's Touche Eclat was my favourite for many years, though I recently switched to Clarins and have found it to be a better match for my skin.. nothing quite compares to the beautiful packaging of YSL though! ;)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Touche Eclat will be my forever all time fave Gabrielle. Xx

      Delete
  5. I've been loving the Soap & Glory one recently! I loved the Vichy one as well, but even the lightest one was too dark to me!

    Sara - She Who Is Short

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dermablend should really expand their colour range to be honest as it is a very good concealer. Xx

      Delete
  6. The Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer sounds like a great concealer - quite unique as well! I must try:)

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is also very compact Lucy and doesn't take a lot of space. Xx

      Delete
  7. I've heard a lot about the UD Naked Concealer recently. Think I need to go and get colour matched! I've been using using Maybelline Eye Eraser and I'm really pleased with it for a drug store concealer. It's really brightening and a lovely and light formula!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would the UD Naked Concealer Katya! Xx

      Delete
  8. I really wanna try the Naked UD concealer! Heard so much about it! Love Dermablend in my kit :)

    Zoe Newlove Beauty Blogger & MUA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Zoe! It is a really good concealer and doesn't feel heavy in the skin. Xx

      Delete
  9. The UK Naked Concealer is awesome and it is my holy grail concealer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't blame you Athena, it is one good concealer! Xx

      Delete
  10. YSL is my necessity but it always runs out too quickly for the price but I keep buying it anyway haha, I love the eye eraser too even if it is a little too dark for me xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Touche Eclat is an expensive obsession Jes but so worth it. Xx

      Delete
  11. I only tried Maybelline one and it is really good, sponge makes it really easy to apply. I want to try UD, it sounds great!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should the Ud Naked Concealer Ela! You would surely love it. Xx

      Delete
  12. Fantastic list of concealers!! I rotate between the Maybelline one and Laura Mercier Secret :)

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to try the Urban Decay one, but right now the NARS Creamy Radiant concealer is my favourite.I like that you included high end and drugstore options!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm obsessed with the Kick Ass concealer, couldn't be without it! I have the Maybelline one too but haven't tried it yet!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. My only concealer at the moment is MAC Pro Longwear, dunno how that happened but I am definitely on the lookout for more. I need to try the UD version & the Myabelline one sounds good too x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love the UD Naked Concealer Alina and the Maybelline one is a good drugstore alternative. Xx

      Delete
  16. I've not tried any of these, but the Maybelline one sounds great! The idea of a sponge is intriguing, I feel like it would give a much smoother and more even finish, but I would be a little worried about bacteria collecting as well. Maybelline has some great products, I love their mascaras!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their mascaras are awesome Angelina. With regards to the sponge, you can easily remove it and it works just as fine. Xx

      Delete
  17. The S&G one sounds great, I've been getting some horrendous under eye circles lately! I use Estee lauder for coverage and it's really good heavy duty, I tried Vichy but didn't get along with it!

    Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get on well with the Estee Lauder concealer. I find it too heave for me beaut. Xx

      Delete
  18. Instant age rewind is the one one I've used! I love it so much I don't want to try anything else haha :P Definitely a creature of habit x

    Katina | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't blame you Katina! If I find something good, I usually stick to it. Xx

      Delete
  19. Personally I love the Revlon Colorstay concealer for under the eye. I generally will apply a little extra foundation over "problem areas" instead of buying a second concealer for spots and the like. However, I am sticking to a budget. Lovely post!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been seeing the UD Naked Skin Concealer a lot lately. Concealer is my best friend when the weather gets colder, I want to get something creamy but lightweight. Also, I can totally see a Lisa Eldridge influence here, Vichy Dermablend is one of her favorites I believe :) X

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa Eldridge is forever the biggest influence in my blog. She is just amazing at what she does. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...