Friday 30 October 2015

AUTUMNAL BASE EDiT

Best-Autumnal-Bases

During Spring and Summer, I mostly rely on my light coverage bases or just skin perfecting ones. For the colder months, it is a different ball game. I prefer medium coverage and sometimes navigates to full coverage. I think because of the cold weather, using higher coverage foundations are more comfortable on the skin. I also love a flawless looking skin on colder months. A flawless skin pulls together a smoky eye or dark, bold lips. For Autumn 2015, I've chosen my top five bases from my stash. Some are new and some are old favourites.


Clinique Beyond Perfecting Powder Foundation+Concealer- I have been obsessed with this powder foundation since I got this. I have never been a fan of powder foundation and is loyal to liquid ones. However, this foundation have impressed me so much that it became a favourite of mine. It is very light on the skin and offers medium to high coverage. Even if its is a powder foundation and offers a good coverage, it doesn't look cake-y on the skin. It has a matte finish and lasts for more than 7 hours.

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet- An old favourite of mine and probably the one with the best packaging. It is so chic and handy when travelling. Packaging aside, this is the first foundation that I tried that doesn't have a dewy finish. The Perfection Lumiere Velvet has a luminous matte finish. It is matte but there's a glow in its finish without the shimmer. It is just so beautiful on the skin. The only downside of this foundation is that the shade range is quiet limited. Other than that, all is good.

Cover Fx Natural Finish Oil-Free Foundation- A new favourite of mine that I have very recently discovered. It gives a medium to full coverage yet offers an almost natural finish to the skin. It is also incredibly light and comfortable on the skin. Its lasting power is beyond impressive. Without primer, this foundation lasted for more than eight hours. Just wow!

Loreal True Match Foundation- I am quiet aware that there is a new formulation of the True Match and I have in fact tested the new one out. However, between the two, I much prefer the older formulation. For me, it is much easier to work with. Its finish is also more natural on the skin and it doesn't cling on any dry patches or when you have blemishes that are drying out.

Mac Pro Longwear Waterproof Foundation- This is probably one of my greatest discovery during the summer period. A waterproof foundation, say what? Well, Mac has really impressed me with this one. The foundation comes like an almost gel like texture and is relatively easy to work with. It blends easily and feels light on the skin in which I always want in my foundation. It offers a medium coverage and can be layered up to full coverage. It stays really long on the skin despite the heatwave last summer. With regards to the waterproof claims, it does stays on despite getting wet in the rain.

What are your top picks for your Autumnal base?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07




24 comments:

  1. Perfect post:) happy Friday!

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of Chanel's perfection lumiere velvet... definitely the kind of base that I love. Cover FX is also fab isn't it, beautiful coverage but really natural!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love the finish of the Cover Fx Elle. Xx

      Delete
  3. I love L'oreal true match but I haven't tried it since they repackaged it and I'm really concerned the formula won't be the same!
    Coleoftheball xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new formula has slightly changed Nicole and there are shimmers on the new one. Xx

      Delete
  4. I went crazy when the Chanel Perfection Lumiere was released as everyone was talking how good it is. I need to purchase a new bottle for this year as mine run out already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't blame why you went gaga over it Hailey. It's one good foundation. Xx

      Delete
  5. I used to wear Loreal True match years ago so I'm almost tempted to rebuy it and see what the new formula is like. I find I use MAC Studio Fix a lot more often during autumn/winter.

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I don't get on with the new True Match formula Katya. Xx

      Delete
  6. I've been meaning to try that Chanel foundation. Haven't gotten to it yet but everyone always raves about it. I've never tried a matte foundation, I use NARS sheer glow and it has that dewy look which I don't mind. Still am curious about a matte finish though.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try the Lumiere Velvet Sonia. It's one of the best velvety matte foundation there is. Xx

      Delete
  7. So nice! I love Clinique cosmetics <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clinique cosmetics are awesome as well as their skincare! Xx

      Delete
  8. First of all, let me just say how perfect the addition of the delicate mask is to this Autumnal/Halloween-y edit! I like the concept of a joint concealer and foundation, that would certainly save on time :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does save a lot of time Gabrielle as it offers a very good coverage. Xx

      Delete
  9. Great post, I feel like I should try the MAC waterproof foundation from this!
    Joey x
    http://www.northernmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mac waterproof foundation is really good Joey. It is worth getting. Xx

      Delete
  10. You have some great choices in here and I am curious about the Clinique powder foundation since you first posted it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one good foundation Kaycee! I highly recommend it. Xx

      Delete
  11. These are all great products! I tend not to wear base makeup on a day to day basis though. Lovely picks!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to try the new L'Oreal True Match formulation, I've heard such great things!

    Sara - She Who Is Short

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll get on well with it Sara. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...