Friday 7 August 2015

MY PRAGUE GUiDE


See:

John Lennon Wall: Thanks to my father, I was raised listening to the Beatles. Top on my list on my Prague itinerary is seeing the John Lennon Wall. Aside from the John Lennon graffiti, the wall is rich in history which leads to Czech Republic becoming a republic. Don't expect too much when you see it as it is not really a very big wall but just wide enough. The graffitis though are beautiful and it represents love and peace in which I think is what we all need.

Jewish Synagogues: The Jewish Synagogues in Prague has a very rich history and I would highly recommend to allocate a day just to see everything related to the Jewish history. You can also save money if you purchase one ticket for everything. My top favourites are the Spanish Synagogue and the Jerusalem Synagogue. The Spanish Synagogue is made of elaborate and intricate gold interiors which is so beautiful and yet if doesn't even look overwhelming. It also has an adjacent small gallery featuring silver wares that dated since the mid 18th century. The Jerusalem Synagogue is a burst of colour with art nouveau facade. It is like a little surprise in the street as it is located in a back street of the Old Town of Prague.
Astronomical Clock: The infamous astronomical clock of Prague is a must-see. When the hour strikes, the Walk of the Apostles happen and the crowd usually gather 15 minutes prior to that. Too tip, see it before 10am or after 5pm as the crowd is lesser during these times otherwise the crowd is definitely huge. Whilst you are in the astronomical clock, definitely visit the Old Town Hall Tower. I highly recommend this one as the view from the top is priceless. It gives you a 360 degree view of Prague's Old Town Square and the rest of the Old Town. If you are wary of the stairs, worry no more as there is an elevator for direct access.

Do:
Segway Tour: When you are out and about, Prague is loitered with so many Segway Tour. Don't book it online as you get a more competitive price when you haggle face to face. There's so many of them that you can certainly find a good deal. Segway is a lot of fun plus you get to see the tourist sights that you want. I was a bit scared the first time I did it but it is actually easy to navigate and quiet safe actually.

Hire a Classic Car: Another fun thing to do especially when you have the boyfriend with you is to hire a classic car. We had the opportunity to rent a 1920 Ford Classic Car in which all the parts are all original apparently. It was a good fun actually. It is quiet expensive so do haggle and you'll get a better price. You can book and hours tour but the more hours you book, the better the deal. I don't shy away from haggling as I want my money's worth. This is another fun way to tour around Prague.


Eat:


Red Pif: Red Pif is located in the backstreet of Prague but is definitely worth a visit. It is also a wine bar and it house an extensive list of wines that outsourced from various places. It has a chic, laidback interior and its the type of restaurant that makes you feel so comfortable. The staffs are amazing and the best thing about it? The food is beyond delish. I love it so much that in a space of a week, I dined in there three times. The food is a mixture of French European. The menu varies every now and then and it is always written in a board. The wines and the food are priced reasonably and the staff are very knowledgeable of the wines that you can get their opinion if you are not very sure.


La Terrassa Restaurant and Tapas Bar: If view is your thing, the view of La Terrassa Restaurant is unbeatable. It is situated in the Vlatava River and has the perfect view of Vlatva River and Prague. This is the perfect spot to enjoy a leisurely meal with a good wine. There was a bit of a blip on my booking but the staff rectified it very well and was so gracious about it. I would recommend to book a table in advance as there is no place for you if you are just dropping by. I even want to dine again but it is just fully booked. A booking a month in advance is necessary so that you can choose the time that you like. The outdoor seating is also the best spot. The meal is amazing and the lovely breeze from the river is so relaxing. The food is a mixture of Spanish, Mediterranean, European.

Ginger and Fred: Ginger and Fred is another restaurant with an amazing view. It is situated in the infamous Dancing House. It reminds me of Duck and Waffle in London due to its view. It has the most amazing view of the Vlatava River, the Old Town, and Prague Castle. The view alone is priceless. Reservation is also a must on this restaurant. The interior of the restaurant is quirky yet elegant. The restaurant also has an extensive wine list. The food is French, Czech, Central European and their menu sticks to what is listed in their website. Aside from the view, the staffs are excellent and they make you feel welcome and comfortable. The food is also unbeatable and I left with a really full tummy.



XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07




24 comments:

  1. Looks like you have had an amazing time, your photos are fab hun

    CharlotteSamantha // www.charlottesamantha.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte! I did have a wonderful time in Prague. Xx

      Delete
  2. The food all looks scrumptious and your photos are lovely. Prague is like a fairytale city, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! It looks like I've gone back in time. Xx

      Delete
  3. Oh wow I love the John lennon wall, you got some amazing shots! I would love to drive a classic car that would be insane, although my driving is pretty scary haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They won't actually allow you to drive Jess. There's a driver included in the classic car rental. Xx

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had an amazing time! Prague looks amazing x

    Abi | abistreetx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos are amazing!! Really makes you want to go there!

    http://rebeccalaura02.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prague looks so beautiful, and it looks like you had an absolutely wonderful time. It's on my list of places to go, I hope to go in the next couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful city Rosie and so rich in history. Xx

      Delete
  7. Photos look perfect. Looks like you had such a great time there and tasted so many delicious food.

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been eating half of the time I was there Ela. Xx

      Delete
  8. Looks like you had a fab time in Prague and your photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh I am so envious, looks like you had the best time. I REALLY want to visit Prague, but no one else seems to want to join me haha.

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, I definitely need to visit Prague now, it looks like such a gorgeous place!

    Heather, PorcelainBeauty xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is brilliant and especially as Prague is on my travel wishlist still. The astronomical clock looks incredible, along with every other of your features! I love how busy and intricate Prague's architecture is, I can only imagine how lovely it must be to see in person :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prague is so abundant with old architectures Gabrielle. I had two full SD cards when I came back from the city. Xx

      Delete
  12. Fab post! Looks like a really cool place with amazing architecture! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...