Wednesday 12 August 2015

LiGHT SUMMER BASES

Best-Tinted-Moisturiser-Edit

For me, summer skin is all about flawless and radiant yet natural looking skin. Light bases are often the ones that I usually reach out for. Aside that it makes me feel that my skin can still breath, it also gives a more radiant look. Summer skin for me is all about tinted moisturisers, bb, and cc creams.


The Old Favourite- I discovered Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser two years ago and from that time on, I had repurchased it repeatedly. My shade match is perfect and I have no issues with it since then. When applied, it is very light on the skin yet it has a decent sheer coverage which you could built up to medium. It doesn't look cake-y even if you built it up. It also looks natural on the skin as it blends in really well. The range also has 10 shades to choose from and I highly recommend that you have your shade match to get the correct shade. I prefer the oil-free version from the original one as the original formula tends to break me out.

The One with Skincare Benefits- The Clarins Hydra-Quench Tinted Moisturiser has Hyaluronic Acid and Katafray Extracts which promotes good hydration to the skin. It also provides a sheer to medium coverage and has a glowy finish. It blends really well with the skin and gives a my skin but better appearance. Aside form its many good attributes, it also has SPF 15. Although it is not a lot, it is something for sun damage protection although I always use an SPF50 before my bases. The Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme CC Cream is one of those products that I didn't get the jest easily. It gives a quiet sheer coverage and I only use it when I am having a really good skin day. It makes your skin appears so glow-y and radiant. Most of the time, I use it as a buffer to any bases that breaks me out and it helps breakouts at bay.

Best-Tinted-Moisturiser

The One with Good SPF- The Vichy Ideal Soleil BB Cream with SPF50 and it offers protection from both UVB and UVA which is what I am really looking for my SPF. It offers a sheer coverage that hides minor imperfections and gives a good amount of glow. I also find that enhances your tan. It is also suitable for normal skin as well as dry and sensitive skin. It also feels really lovely on the skin. At times where I need more coverage, I use it as my my SPF cover and adds a base on top. It doesn't really change the consistency of any base. Instead, it adds a nice glow from within.

The Do It All- The Nars Pure Tinted Moisturiser is the one that offers a decent coverage and has the right amount of glow without looking greasy. The range has also a wide shade range in which you can choose from. It doesn't slide from the face despite the warm weather. It also feels light on the skin. This is oil-free but feels hydrating on the skin as well.


So these are my light summer bases recommendations. What are your favourite summer bases so far?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07



35 comments:

  1. I've heard so much love for the Laura Mercier one, I'd love to give it a try :) I'm a big fan of light bases for the summer months too, my favourite this year has been the Maybelline 'fresh' BB cream, I love how easily they absorb into the skin and you feel like the skin can breathe more than when you're wearing foundation :)
    Love Holly x

    www.thehollydays4.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to try the Maybelline BB Cream Holly. On the other hand, I highly recommend the Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser. It is one good product. Xx

      Delete
  2. I love light bases too, kind of like my skin but better! I've tried the NARS one before which I really liked but still haven't bought as it's a tad too pricey. The Clarins version sounds like another great option too x

    Beauty with charm | Zoeva Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clarins one is incredibly amazing Alina! Xx

      Delete
  3. This was a great little guide to the perfect summer base! I've been using Laura Mercier for years and love it, am completely obsessed! The illuminating one is great for extra glow! NARS has been in my makeup bag quite a lot this summer too, it's a great all rounder and a day base! I've got my eyes on the Estee Lauder CC cream next, it looks lovely and I've read so many good reviews!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad we almost have similar tastes Jasmine. You would probably love the Estee Lauder CC Cream too. Xx

      Delete
  4. The bareMinerals Complexion Rescue has been one of my go to bases this summer. I also really like the Dior BB cream and the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser.

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually trialling the Bare Minerals one but I find that it is almost similar to the Estee lauder CC Cream. Xx

      Delete
  5. I've not used any of these products, but they all sound great. I will keep this in mind.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this would be helpful for you Jennifer! Xx

      Delete
  6. Really great round up of some fantastic products! I've been wanting the Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturiser for the longest time now and I swore i'd be making the purchase this year but I still haven't got round to it, boo!
    Love, Maisie ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should take the plunge Maisie! I know you would the Laura Mercier one. Xx

      Delete
  7. I am partial to NARS and I guess biased so that seems like my favourite but I would like to try laura mercier too as I liked the primer xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Nars one is equally amazing to the Laura Mercier Jess. Xx

      Delete
  8. I definitely prefer light bases in summer, I love the look of the Nars Pure Tinted Moisturiser! x

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Nars Pure Tinted Moisturiser is great fro summer and even winter Lucy. Xx

      Delete
  9. I didn't realise the Vichy Ideal Soleil is a BB cream as well - looks really good I definitely want to test it out now! :)

    Lauren | aestheticalblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I haven't realised it at first until I apply it and noted coverage from it. I then had a proper read at the label. Xx

      Delete
  10. I haven't actually tried any of these but agree a light base is so much easier in the summer - must check this out. x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't live without my light bases during summer. Xx

      Delete
  11. Would love a lighter base at the moment, but my skin hasn't been this bad in months :( Heavy coverage all the way for me at the moment x

    Martha Jane | http://www.marthajanemusic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, that is a shame Martha. I hope your skin will improve. Xx

      Delete
  12. I never really change bases for the season BUT I am verrrry tempted to try the NARS offering, I always read good things x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always wear light bases as I hate anything that is too heavy on my skin! I've never tried any of these though! Your photography is beautiful! X

    http://www.theperksofmeg.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree that summer skin is meant to be natural and fresh looking, so your base suggestions are brilliant. I'm using a moisturiser by Clarins at the moment that I'm really happy with, though you have a fab collection Ella :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've only tried the Nars out of these but love it! The Laura Mercier has been on my wish list for a while and I'm hearing a lot of buzz around the Vichy too :) great round-up xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Vichy BB Cream is a nice affordable alternative Jas although with a more sheer coverage. Xx

      Delete
  16. Great post, thanks for the helpful info. I will keep that in mind when I want to buy light weight base. I just keep it simple at the moment and prefer almost zero product on the face :) let's say I am just too lazy :) xx

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can, I also go without ang base some of the days esp when I am having a rather good skin day. Xx

      Delete
  17. The NARS tinted moisturiser is something I have wanted to try for years! I don't know how I haven't done so yet! x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Nars tinted moisturiser is lovely beaut! It is so worth the splurge. Xx

      Delete
  18. I absolutely love love, laura mercier tinted moisturiser it my must have makeup product.

    Sam || Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...