Wednesday 5 August 2015

HAiRCARE ROUTiNE FOR A STRONGER, LONGER HAiR

Hair-Care-Routine

Haircare, like skincare, is a bit tricky for me. I think it is my penance for all those crazy styling and colouring on my teenage years that my hair is quiet rebellious. After three long years of looking after my hair, it goes back to its healthy state. However, like I said earlier, it is quiet sensitive to change. At the beginning of June, I went to Prague where the temperature is mostly over 29Celcius and the on and off heatwave in the UK is making my hair cray-cray again. I tried my old trusted hair products but nothing seem to work on my fast becoming frizzy hair. It doesn't help as well that I'm growing my hair longer so I really need my hair strong and healthy. After introducing some products, I finally manage my hair to stay calm and healthy again. If you are having to fight frizzy hair or you just want a healthy long, hair then you might pick some tips in here.


SHAMPOO- I wash my hair almost daily and I know this is a bad but old habits die hard. I'm trying to wash it every other day but I can't help myself. I love the feeling of freshly washed hair. I prefer no sulphates in my shampoo and I have been pretty loyal to the Loreal Ultra Riche Replenishing and Taming Shampoo. I find that this shampoo cleans my hair really well but doesn't leave my hair really dry. Since I started using this, I am quiet happy with it as it manage to removes the grimes and any other products in the hair but still leaves your hair healthy and smooth. This comes out as a thick cream that is almost a conditioner in consistency but it gives a very satisfying bubbles once it is in your hair. This is like a hydrating shampoo which is perfect for those who frequently wash their hair or those who have dry hair.

CONDiTiONER- To pair with my shampoo, I also rely on the Loreal Ultra Riche Replenishing and Taming Conditioner. I have been using the pair for so long and my hair is at its best condition when I am using them. This leaves my hair smooth and hydrated yet not oily and greasy in appearance. It feels quiet nourishing on the hair. I find that a small amount works better applying too much conditioner. I usually leave it for a while around 2 minutes before rinsing. With conditioner as well, I make sure that I don't apply in the roots of the hair. I focus in applying conditioner on the lower half of my hair till the end as this is the bit where less nutrients reaches it so it needs tender loving care. With regards to conditioner, I skip it when I am going to use hair masks as hair mask works better with a clean, newly shampooed hair.

HAIR REPAiR- For hair repair, I rely on the Sachajuan Hair Repair. I am not a haircare snob and I try to avoid expensive haircare as the prices usually makes me shudder. But when my hair went haywire, I succumb to temptation, bought the Sachajuan Hair Repair due to its many glowing recommendations, and hoped for the best. Well, it didn't left me disappointed at all. At first use, my hair loves it instantly. It comes out as a white cream and smells so clean. It smells florally with hints of muskiness on it. It is just a beautiful scent. I leave this for 10 minutes (I know that is such a pain and you can leave for atleast 5 minutes but I love 10 as I aim to get its full benefits) and give a thorough rinse afterwards. Unlike any other hair masks that can sometimes leave your hair heavy and greasy, the Sachajuan Hair Repair leaves the hair feeling lightweight and doesn't make your hair appears weighed. You can also see and feel that you hair appears stronger and any breakages are repaired. It also tames frizzy hair. The best part is, it makes your hair so smooth that I can't stop touching it. If you are growing your hair or your hair is just damaged, the Sachajuan Hair Repair is the best product there is. It maybe pricey but it is worth it. A small amount also works wonders so you don't really need much and it means you can use one bottle longer. Did I mention that its minimalist monochrome packaging is so chic?

Hair-Care-Routine

PRiMER- Hair primer has a divided reaction from the beauty world. Others claim it works, others think it is just another product that is not really needed. I, myself, is a great fanatic of hair primer. My hair primer of choice is the Living Proof Prime Style Extender. It is a lightweight cream with citrus-y scent and doesn't weigh your hair down. I use it after I finish with my hair wash and before any other hair products. It repels oil, dirt, and moisture which makes my hair stays clean longer. You can also build up another hair products on it as this cream doesn't leave any build up. When you use this primer, even if your hair will be soaked in the rain, the style will remain the same. Bid goodbye to frizzy hair and hello to hairstyle that lasts ages.

HEAT PROTECTOR- For heat protection, I still stick to my Loreal Elnett Heat Protect Spray. One bottle of this lasts me ages despite my frequent hairwash. I spray it generously on my hair before blow drying. This really helps as it does protect my hair from constant heat from blow dries and hair straightening or curling. The best bit about this is it come under a tenner.

SUN PROTECTiON- The Sachajuan Hair After the Sun* is a holiday essential and a heatwave essential. Like the skin, the sun can also damaged the hair. The Sachajuan Hair After the Sun can be used after sun exposure. I would use this everyday if I am on beach holiday and I would be frolicking in the sea or the pool. During summer, I use this once a week in replacement of my conditioner. This has Ocean Silk Technology that helps replenish moisture, nutrients, and shine to your hair after being exposed to the damaging effects of the sun. It also smells so fresh and clean but without the soap scent. It easily restores my hair and leaves it looking really healthy without product build-up. I definitely think that this is a haircare must have esp when you are going on a beach holiday.

VOLUMiSiNG SPRAY- To lift up the roots of my hair, I rely on the Charles Worthington Texturising Spray. This gives volume and texture in an instant. It can get a bit sticky when overdone but the price compensates it really. It is generally a very good texturising spray. It is even claimed to be a dupe for the infamous Oribe Dry Texturising Spray in which I haven't tried myself so I won't make a claim like that. I can however say that the Charles Worthington Texturising Spray is a product that is worth so much more than its price.

DRY SHAMPOO- On rare days when I am really good and I haven't washed my hair daily, I rely on a dry shampoo to make sure that my hair doesn't appear greasy. There are loads of dry shampoos on the market that are really affordable. The one that has been keeping me satisfied at the moment is the Aussie Miracle Dry Shampoo. This dry shampoo does not only makes you hair clean and not looking greasy but it also gives a nice lift on your hair. It gives a nice volume to the hair although not as good as the Charles Worthington Texturising Spray. It also has a nice, pleasant scent to it in which I really love. I also find that it also conditions my hair and leaves it soft rather than feeling tacky.

So this is a rather lengthy post but I hope you enjoyed it. What hair products are you loving at the moment?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07




18 comments:

  1. Just when my hair is going through a bit of a crazy phase you do this hair post, so you're a total life saver! I need to look into the L'Oreal shampoo & conditioner duo, they sound amazing! x

    Beauty with charm | Zoeva Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Loreal duo is really good Alina and add the Sachajuan Hair Repair. Your hair will thank you later. Xx

      Delete
  2. You always choose the prettiest products and your taste just shows in the whole ethos of your blog. I am a fanatic of the Sachajuan Hair Repair and I do agree how good it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, thank you Chloe. That is so nice of you. Xx

      Delete
  3. I used to wash my hair daily too for years but recently I've been able to go 2-3 days between washes and my hair is so much healthier for it! But it's hard to break the habit though. The CW spray sounds great! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it Josie. It is just the hardest habit to break. Xx

      Delete
  4. Ok so my hair is a nightmare so this post couldn't have come at a better time really, I am going to look into getting Sachajuan Hair Repair! Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sachajuan Hair Repair is so good Jess. I can only wax lyrical about it. Xx

      Delete
  5. The hair primer from Living Proof sounds great if there's anything that gets rid of frizz i need to have that on my list to buy. xx

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hair primer will be your hair saviour Franky plus the Sachajuan Hair Repair. Xx

      Delete
  6. I like loreal products, most of them are pretty good. I tried dry shampoo before however not so keen on to try it again as it was a big disappointment. x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are dry shampoos that are just not good but there are also amazing ones as well. Xx

      Delete
  7. I own that Loreal Elnett Spray and I love it! Great products x

    hannie ; huemorist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it last ages aside that it is budget friendly. Xx

      Delete
  8. This post couldn't come at a better time as my hair is crazy beyond help atm. The Loreal and the Sachajuan products sounds good for my hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sachajuan one is amazingly good Kaycee! You should try it. Xx

      Delete
  9. You've listed some great products here, I may well give the volumising spray a go because getting my hair to bounce at ALL is proving to be very difficult haha! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Charles Worthington Texturising Spray will be brilliant for you Gabrielle! Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...