Wednesday 19 August 2015

THE REBEL ROMANTiC

Kiko-Rebel-Romantic-Collection-Review

I am hopelessly obsessed with anything that comes in rose gold. I am also equally obsessed with new makeup collection so when I saw the Kiko Rebel Romantic Collection, my heart skipped a beat or two. It is probably one of the most gorgeous packaging there is as most of the product in the collection comes with a rose gold packaging. Aside that everything looks so dreamy from the collection, the products doesn't come with a hefty price tag. A beautiful packaging and an affordable price is not always seen together in the beauty world. With a lot of excitement, I tried the new collection from Kiko and I am now ready with my report.

First stop from the Kiko Rebel Romantic Collection* is the Intensely Lavish Lipstick. This is packaged in a gorgeous rose gold packaging with a very satisfying click when closed. I am overly obsessed with lipsticks that gives a very good click when closed. The Kiko Intensely Lavish Lipstick is intensely creamy and buttery when applied on the lips. It glides on easily and applies like a dream. It doesn't cling on the dry patches and doesn't cling on the cracks of the lips. The pigmentation is really good and two swipes gives a full coverage. It has a velvet finish and doesn't feel drying on the lips. I have the shade 01 Lusty Peony and 02 Pretty Mauve. Both lipsticks last around five hours and leaves a stain on the lips.

Kiko-Rebel-Romantic-Collection-Swatches
Swatches are taken in natural light

I am a big fan of cream eyeshadows for my everyday wear as it is fuss-free and so easy to apply. The Kiko Metallic Eyeshadow from the Rebel Collection is a lovely addition to my collection. I have the 02 Absolutely Rose and 05 Charming Sage. Absolutely Rose is a pearlescent pink with a metallic finish. Its pigmentation is great and looks so pretty on the eyes. Eventhough it is pink, it is easy to work with and doesn't give a bloodshot effect. It just flatters the eyes beautifully. Charming Sage is a metallic moss green. It is quiet scary to look at but absolutely easy to work with. I don't use it alone or in daytime use. I use it for a green smokey eye with dark eyeshadows and it is just gorgeous. I thought it would be too full-on but it is actually quiet muted and just dramatic without being OTT. Both eyeshadows last really well which is more than 8 hours before you are ready to take them off.

Probably my favourite from the whole collection is the Kiko Rebel Bouncy Blush. The packaging is the prettiest there is with all the rose gold. It also has a mirror inside in which I always prefer with my blush packaging. The blush consistency felts weird as it feels bouncy and velvety when you feel it. It feels creamy when applied and has a matte finish. The pigmentation is true to pan and the blush can be blended effortlessly. I have the shade 01 Velvety Peach and 03 Treasure Rose. Velvety Peach is another medium peach-y shade blush to add in my endless peach blushes collection. I adore peach blushes as it compliments my skintone rather well. Velvety Peach is one of those blushes that gives a natural tint on the cheeks and can be use to contour the cheeks at the same time.Treasure Rose is a muted medium rose shade. Both blushes lasts ages for more than 6 hours.

Kiko-Rebel-Romantic-Collection

There are also other items in the Kiko Rebel Romantic Collection like lip liners and eyeliners but these three are my top favourites from the collection. I am very impressed with this latest Kiko Collection and I highly recommend it. It is pretty, of good quality, and with affordable price tag. What are your thoughts on this collection?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07



36 comments:

  1. Ooh I didn't even know KIKO had a new collection (I've been avoiding the stores in a bid to spend less) but I love the lipsticks shades, so pretty and the blushes are gorgeous too x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have and the new collection is utterly gorgeous Alina. Xx

      Delete
  2. The lipstick shades are just stunning! x
    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the look of those blushes so, so much! Kiko have been killing it lately. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brand does and the blushes are lovely. Xx

      Delete
  4. Oooooh this new collection looks amazing! I love Kiko and am always looking for new bits to try, their lipsticks are my favourite!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lipsticks are so buttery Jasmine. They are my favourite as well. Xx

      Delete
  5. Phew! I'm not the only one swooning over rose gold packaging! 'Treasure Rose' really does look like a very special shade, though all of your swatches are beautifully feminine :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gabrielle. I try my best that my swatches will be helpful. Xx

      Delete
  6. I'm in love with this collection! Everything just looks so ultra glorious! Massive fan of Kiko!

    Katya | The Beauty Harbour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't blame you Katya. The brand has so many amazing products. Xx

      Delete
  7. what a coincidence I blogged about this collection too today! I am so in love with it.
    The packaging is just to dieeeee for. Can't wait to read more of your posts!

    Love

    Ana

    RavishingRoses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those lipsticks are gorgeous, I really like Lusty Peony such a gorgeous shade. x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lusty Peony is my favourite as well Ela. Xx

      Delete
  9. What a gorgeous packaging and equally gorgeous products as well. Kiko is fast becoming my fave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brand is really amazing and their products are quiet affordable. Xx

      Delete
  10. I honestly adore the look of this collection, though another blogger who received it didn't seem to like it for some reason. I just think they've really stepped up their game in terms of packaging, their products have always been great! x

    Martha Jane | www.marthajanemusic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the collection but not everyone can be of the same opinion anyway. Xx

      Delete
  11. Beautiful blushes! The packaging is so pretty

    Made in MauveBloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That packaging is indeed very beautiful. Xx

      Delete
  12. This collection looks amazing - it's a massive plus that it's rose golden packaging too! By the way, your photography is beautiful!
    Beth xox
    MissBeautyObsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth! That is so sweet of you to say. Xx

      Delete
  13. Beautiful blushes! :)

    xx Arwa
    http://cremerose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok so it's a new collection and I haven't even tried anything from Kiko before can you believe it? The more I read blogs the more I feel like a novice but I am getting there slowly haha! Love the look of this collection, the lipstick shades are stunning and the packaging is just beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Jess, you'll get there! The whole collection is indeed beautiful. Xx

      Delete
  15. I love Rose gold too! This looks like such a nice collection, the lip colours in particular are so lovely and pigmented. x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lipsticks are my personal favourite from this collection. Xx

      Delete
  16. I adore those blushes especially, but that whole collection is just perfect! That rose gold packaging is so lovely. Great reviews!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This collection looks lovely. I placing an order right away, that Lusty Peony lipstick looks beautiful..
    Sam || Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lusty Peony is indeed a very beautiful shade Sam! Xx

      Delete
  18. Oh, I need those wonderful blushes in my life. Waw. <3

    Katja from Slovenia,

    www.blogvivalavida.com

    I would be so happy if you check my bloggie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...