Friday 16 May 2014

ESSiE’S FOUR SHADES OF NUDE

Essie-Merino-Cool

I recently talked about the pink shades of Essie and for the second instalment for my Essie Collection; I will be talking about my favourite nude shades from Essie. I think nude nail polishes are good all year rounder. Nude nail polishes are just perfect for work wear and to pair into colourful outfits to tone it down. When I am also not sure of what shade of nail polish to use, I always end up using nude shades as it is just fool proof.


Essie-Merino-Cool-Swatch

The first one and the lightest of the four is Sand Tropez. It is described Essie as “the seductive power of soft sandy beige nail polish is not to be underestimated.” It always reminds me of beaches due to sand in its name and the St Tropez. It is muted and basic beige colour. Sand Tropez is more of a warm shade when applied.  It first comes out as a part of the French Affair collection and has been a permanent colour since then. The second one on the line is Master Plan. Master Plan is described by Essie as a mischievous soft grey nail lacquer. It is more of a crème taupe/grey for me. It is a beautiful shade without being overpowering.


Essie-Merino-Cool-Review

Talking about grey nail polishes, the next one is Chinchilly. Chinchilly is almost the same as Master Plan. It is just a few shades darker than Master Plan. It is described by Essie as sleek granite grey. It is a gorgeous creme grey on it and appears to be cool toned when applied. And the last one on my nude nail polishes arsenal is Merino Cool. Merino Cool, unlike the other three nail polishes, is not beige or grey in colour. It is described by Essie as a sensous autumn mulberry shade. I consider it neutral as it is a very neutral taupe-y to plum-y shade.

These nude nail polishes are classy and understated but it still has an edge to it. Are you a fan of nude nail polishes as well? Till' next time :)


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

34 comments:

  1. I'm pretty obsessed with nail polish's, I love all these Essie shades! My favourite is Merino Cool but probably best to keep it for a/w I think! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Merino Cool is gorgeous for Autumn/Winter seasons. Xx

      Delete
  2. These Essie shades are gorge !

    http://ellabellascrapbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and these are really fool proof. Xx

      Delete
  3. Sand Tropez looks great! *adds to list*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merino Cool looks gorgeous! I love those not-quite-burgundy shades :)

    Tanvi xx

    fairyfete.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Merino Cool is quiet a unique shade. Xx

      Delete
  5. Master Plan is my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't check out the Essie nail polishes often enough (shock horror, I know!) but I've had my eye on Chinchilly for a while. I stopped myself from getting it a couple weeks back as I thought it would be too dark for spring/summer. How silly of me! Next time, I'm definitely going to check out Sand Tropez and Master Plan as well! xxx

    Daphne | subgenre of a dream | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check those shades next time beaut. Xx

      Delete
  7. I'm OBSESSED with Essie - gradually building up to the full collection :)

    http://edinburghstylejunkie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! High five for our Essie obsession. Xx

      Delete
  8. Ella! You must have one of the best Essie polish collections! Ahh seeing so many makes me want to get more haha I have a lot of OPI & China Glaze but not Essie - I'll work on building up that collection too tho ;) haha
    I really like that Chinchilly one as I don't have a non-glittery grey polish atm - that one's really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some OPI nail polishes as well but not as many as the Essie ones. Chinchilly is a beautiful gray shade. Xx

      Delete
  9. These shades are gorgeous! I love Merino Cool, I'm a sucker for berry shades haha xx

    radmire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore all these colours. Essie is my favourite brand of nail polish.

    www.ellenwarnerxo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essie is a really good nail polish brand. Thank you for dropping by Ellen. Xx

      Delete
  11. I love Essie nail polishes, and I love Chinchilly.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Essie nail polishes are just awesome. Xx

      Delete
  12. The first two look so good! I don't own any Essie nail polishes but I have so many in my wishlist, those two instantly got there too! :)

    blog | the pastel daisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it beaut! Essie nail polishes are really good. Xx

      Delete
  13. I have Sand Tropez and I really do love it, it's such a beautiful shade and different to anything else I own! xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super pretty shades, i love nudes.
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nudes are really lovely. Understated but chic. Xx

      Delete
  15. I've been on the hunt for the perfect nude polish for so long, these are right up my street!
    x

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are like my holy grails for nude nail polish. Xx

      Delete
  16. love me some essie! love their polishes :)

    http://villemo20.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...