Wednesday 7 May 2014

SPRiNG and SUMMER BASES

Spring-and-Summer-Bases

I am not a big fan of full coverage foundations and I always stick to light to medium coverage. Funnily enough, in a world where perfection is sought, I want my imperfect skin to show somehow. I don't want my face to look so flawless. I want some of my imperfections and my real skin to be exposed somehow. During colder months, I tend to use the medium coverage foundations. On hotter days, tinted moisturisers, bb and cc creams are my bestfriends. I have three favourite light bases which I think are perfect so Spring and Summer and will suit to every budget.


Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream- When this CC cream was released, the beauty blogging community just fell in love with it. Well, who wouldn't? It helps cover imperfections, even out skintone, and leaves a glow-y finish. It feels very light to the skin leaving it looking fresh and luminous. It also has an SPF 15 which is great for sunny days. It also claims to give 24 hours of hydration to your skin. This retails at £9.99 each.

Spring-and-Summer-Bases

DR JART PLATiNUM BEAUTY BALM- This balm has Acai Berry and Blueberry Fruit Extract in its ingredient making your skin glow-y. It is blendable and offers a medium coverage. It is also light to the skin and has an amazing SPF 30. A little warning, it looks scary when you first apply it as it looks really white to the skin but it blends to your natural skin after a few minutes. So just hang on for a little bit. It gives a nice, luminous finish. It retails at £21.00 but usually on offer in boots for £14.00.

Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser- This is my favourite amongst the three and I did a review before in which you can find here (I know my photos are awful in that post and I'm really sorry. It is one of my firsts posts in my little blog). It has 10 shades to choose from so you can really choose a shade that suits your skintone. It is oil free which a very big plus factor. It gives a very nice, healthy and glow-y finish. It also has SPF 20. As it is a moisturiser, I don't apply aoistieiser before using it. It also lasts very well on the skin. It retails at £33 and can be purchased in John Lewis, Space NK and House of Fraser.


So these are my top three Spring and Summer bases. Have you tried any of these three? Till' next time :)

XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

14 comments:

  1. I recently bought the laura mercier tinted moisturiser, and i absolutely love it. I've been using it daily.

    Jess x

    www.jessicalaar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LM's Tinted Moisturiser is really a dream. I love it so much and it is such a perfect base for hotter days. Xx

      Delete
  2. I am completely inlove with the Bourjois CC Cream. It is so good for a drugstore base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Borjois CC cream is really amazing for its price. Xx

      Delete
  3. I really want to try the Laura Mercier one! They are so underrated in my opinion, although I bet the Boujois one is a goof cheaper option!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quiet agree that the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser is a bit underrated but I think because of its price as well. It is really good though and I think that it is really worth its price. However, you can also a good cc cream for a fraction of the price like the Bourjois one. Xx

      Delete
  4. still need to try that tinted moisturiser!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree on Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer and all things Dr. Jart BB being amazing. I'm in the US so Bourjois isn't readily available. So far I haven't found a drugstore alternative but those higher end options are perfection!

    xoxo
    Kelly
    www.dreaminlace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame that Bourjois isn't readily available in the US. The brand has really some good bases. Xx

      Delete
  6. I love Bourjois! Really want to try the tinted moisturiser!
    clarabellerose.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser beaut. It is really good and gorgeous. Xx

      Delete
  7. I recently bought the Bourjois CC cream and its amazing
    xx
    http://beautystreet284.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...