Friday 9 May 2014

MY LOVE for LiP BALMS

Best-Lip-Balms

I always suffer from dry lips no matter how much I hydrate it. That is one of the reasons why matte lip wears and I are not compatible. All year round, lip balms are my bestfriend or any lip wear that offers hydration and soothes my lips. I tried to avoid lip balms in the pot as I find it somewhat messy with me. Lip balms in lipstick form are my favourites. I've tried and tested a lot of lip balms and I think through the years and I like to think that I've found the best lip balms in the market.


Best-Lip-Balms

I think that it is a big shame that it is so difficult to get hold of Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in the UK. Seriously, these are the most comforting lip balm there is in the market. A big shout out to Laura for sending me two Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments. I've got Berry and Honey which are utterly beautiful. On application, it is the softest lip product there is. It also has SPF 15. When applied, it gives a glossy finish but not too shiny. It promise to provide hydration for 6 hours but I cannot stop my self from re-applying it as it is just so addicting.

A repurchase and very accessible to buy in the UK is the Dior Addict Lip Glow Reviver Balm. The packaging alone is beautiful and I really don't know why it has taken me too long to review this product. It glides on very easily on the lips and it is also minty. Dior said that the colour of this balm differs from one to another as it reacts to the natural acids on our lips. When applied, it gives a sheer, pinky shade making your lips look like having a healthy glow. With me, the pink becomes deeper the longer it stayed on my lips. It is not as soft and buttery as the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment but remains very hydrating.

Best-Lip-Balms

A cheaper alternative is the Maybelline Baby Lips. I am not a very big fan of the packaging but I don't have to judge a book by its cover. In the Maybelline Baby Lips range, there are three that have a bit of colour in it. These are the Cherry Me, Pink Punch and Peach Kiss. These three gives subtle yet pretty tints on your lips.  Maybelline claims that Baby Lips offers 8 hours of hydration and has SPF20. Baby Lips are really hydrating and mositurising on the lips.

So these are my top lip balms that have been really saving my lips from drying like the Sahara desert. I highly recommend all products and I cannot really choose which one is the best amongst them. Till' next time :)

XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

24 comments:

  1. ah i have the same problem with my stubborn dry lips! I might have to go try the Dior Lip Glow, i've been lusting after it for forever now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our dry lips are our downfall. The Dior Lip glow is really lovely beaut. You should try it! Xx

      Delete
  2. I love lipbalms too & seem to have quite the collection - well we do need one in every handbag right. I really want to try a Sugar lip treatment as I've heard such wonderful things about them
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most girls will agree there's not enough lip balms for us. The Sugar lip treatments are really lovely. Xx

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, the packaging of that Dior Lip Addict stuff is gorgeous! And to be honest, I've never actually liked Baby Lips! I've probably had really bad luck with them and have been buying faulty ones? Haha I never have found them that moisturizing.
    Been really enjoying reading your blog lately, Ella! :)

    xx
    Tanvi


    fairyfete.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that some people really doesn't get on well with Baby Lips. But it is also very affordable compared to the other two. I'm glad that you enjoyed reading my blog. That means a lot to me. Xx

      Delete
  4. I have only used the clear Baby Lips but I would love to try the coloured ones.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coloured Baby Lips are gorgeous. Xx

      Delete
  5. I love all these lip balms, I have all the baby lips and they are amazing:-) Love your blog post Xxx

    scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments are amazing on my lips, I love them. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Those are just the softest lip product there is. Xx

      Delete
  7. I love all the products mentioned in here. You should also try the new Bobbi Brown lip balm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard about the new Bobbi Brown lip balm but I will be searching for it. Thank you for recommending beaut! Xx

      Delete
  8. I really have to try that Nice pink over There !
    :)

    Xxx
    Lorna

    Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives a nice pink tint to the lips. Xx

      Delete
  9. I'm obsessed with lip balms too, the Dior one looks amazing! x

    katesbeautystation.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. The baby lips are my favourite. They are great for moisturising your lips and so easy to throw in your handbag and dont take up any room.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It is so easy to carry around. Xx

      Delete
  11. I'm also a lip balm lover/hoarder hehe :) I own all the Maybelline baby lips collection, oops! I haven't tried any of the other lip balms you've mentioned though! I'd say i need to get some.. but I really do have too many lip balms already! :p
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can quiet relate with the lip balm hoarding. You can basically find lip balms in all corners of my flat. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...