Monday 4 May 2015

ESSiE MANi BLUES

Essie-Blue-Edit

During spring and summer, aside from pastel shades, I also love blue shades for my nail polish. Blue reminds me so much of the sea and its nautical vibes is spot-on for summer. Blue used to be my favourite colour when I was growing up. It still is one of my favourite colour actually. Whilst rummaging my nail polishes during my spring cleaning, I rediscovered my favourite blue nail polishes from my favourite nail polish brand Essie. I had made several posts about my Essie nail polishes. I had a pink edit and nude edit for the brand and now it's time for my blue edit.

The lightest from the collection and one of my favourite blue nail polish is Essie Truth or Flare. This is part of last year's spring collection of the brand. It is describe by the brand as vintage blue denim shade. I love this as the shade is quiet unique in my collection. It is muted blue/gray that looks chic yet playful. Eventhough it is blue, it is also not so on your face blue which makes it perfect for daily use. Truth or Flare needs two or three coats to get a good shade of the nail polish. The second blue in my collection is the Essie Lapiz of Luxury. This shade is part of the permanent shade of the brand. This is like the perfect ocean blue shade. The colour is so dreamy and summer-y. This is also not so on your face blue and still perfect for daily use. As it has a periwinkle tone to it, I find that Lapiz of Luxury is perfect all year round. The last but not the least is Essie Avenue Maintain. Avenue Maintain is describe by the brand as a lovely Parisian blue. This shade is a full-on blue and something that I wouldn't wear daily. It is still gorgeous and is more perfect when you are on a summer holiday as it is a bright and fun colour. It is very opaque and you only need one coat for this nail polish.

Essie-Blue-Edit-Swatches
Left to Right: Truth or Flare, Lapiz of Luxury, Avenue Maintain
So these are my favourite blue nail polishes from Essie. What are your thoughts on blue nail polish?




XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07



23 comments:

  1. That Avenue Maintain is very nautical chic. I have never tried of Essie before but I think I should try it asap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avenue Maintain is indeed so gorgeous. Xx

      Delete
  2. These are all stunning; I'm a huge fan of blue on the nails, especially during summer, a favourite of mine is Cocktail Bling which is a little more muted but I definitely think I'll have to check these out for myself!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to try Cocktail Bling yet Heather. It looks beautiful on swatches. Xx

      Delete
  3. My favourite essie blue is bikini so teeny - it's such a pretty colour!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to look for that Maddy. Thanks for recommendation! Xx

      Delete
  4. I rarely ever wear blue nail polish now that I think about it but these three look stunning. I will definitely be checking out the Essie stand for these very soon x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The three are really stunning Alina. I feel like truth or flare is easy to wear and can be worn daily. Xx

      Delete
  5. Ooo I was expecting Bikini So Teeny to be here too! That's one of my faves :) x

    www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to look into that shade Katina. Xx

      Delete
  6. I love blue nails for summer! I've not tried any Essie polishes before though x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try Essie Josie. The shade range are just incredible. Xx

      Delete
  7. All looks so summer appropriate and very nautical. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to get into blue nail varnish...these look so tempting :)

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Franky. Truth or Flare could be a great start. It is not so full on blue. Xx

      Delete
  9. I never used to like blue, but then I fell for Essie Truth or Flare, now I can't stop!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Truth or Flare to death Annabel. It is gorgeous, isn't it? Xx

      Delete
  10. I love blue polish! Surprisingly, I think I like it better than neutral tones!

    Jessica // http://lipsandtrips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't blame you Jess. Blue nail polishes are just so chic. Xx

      Delete
  11. blue is my fave in nail polish <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...