Saturday 16 May 2015

THE SPRiNG MAKE-UP MENU

Spring-Make-Up

Spring is finally here and we had some gorgoeus days the past few weeks. As I started switching my perfumes and nail polishes, I also switch up my make-ups. Lighter bases are more favourable at the moment and lighful colours are my thing. I also like fresh, dewy look for this time of the year. The sort of no make-up make-up look is my beauty look book for spring.

Before anything else, I always use SPF as part of prepping my skin. The Clarins UV Plus Anti-Pollution Day Screen with SPF 50 is perfect as it is light and doesn't leave a white mask on the face. It also has anti-pollution properties that protects the skin from pollution. Another Clarins product that is a permanent fixture on my daily routine is their Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base in Apricot. This is part of the brand's Aquatic Treasures Collection for Summer 2015.  This gives a nice hint of tan on the skin that looks very natural. I use it before my foundation and it gives a beautiful sun kissed look. I also use it alone when I feel like a good skin days. My favourite light base for every day use is the Bourjois Health Mix Serum. Since I started using this foundation, this remains to be one of my favourite foundations. It offers medium coverage without looking heavy and it gives the most natural-looking dewy skin.

For the cheeks, I usually rely on cream blushes during this time of the year. Cream blushes looks more natural and dewy. My current favourite blush is the Bobbi Brown Calypso Coral Pot Rouge. It gives the prettiest peachy cheeks. For more options, The Balm How 'Bout Them Apples Cheek and Lip Cream Palette has six shades to choose from. The palette has pinks, peaches, mauve, and red shades. You can have any look that you desire. For added glow and highlight, I use the Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight. As it is a creamy highlight, it gives the right amount of glow that almost looks natural. A bit of magic I usually say.

Spring-Make-Up-Menu

For the eyes, I only rely usually on mascaras. My current obsession is the Kiko Dawn Till Dusk Volume Effect Mascara. It gives a volumise effect on the lashes with clumping them. It just feels that you have natural, fabulous lashes. For the lips, the Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector has been on constant use. Aside that it smells great, it is hydrating and gives the right amount of tint. To keep my make-up last long, instead of using setting powders, I am now relying on the Clarins Fix Make-Up. It prolongs your make-up and you can also use it to refresh your make-up on hot days.

So these are my choices for a fresh, spring, everyday make-up look. What are your favourite make-up choices for spring?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07




36 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really is. I highly recommend it. Xx

      Delete
  2. I'm loving the Clarins balms too, they are so lovely!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more Maddy. It is a staple to my make-up arsenal. Xx

      Delete
  3. I adore the Clarins lip balms, they're gorgeous. I will definitely have to check out a few of the other recommendations though, that Bobbi Brown offering looks beautiful!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bobbi Brown cream blush is gorgeous Heather. It is so easy to wear and blend. Xx

      Delete
  4. I definitely want to pick up the Clarins lip balms for on holiday! The Balm palette looks lovely too :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Jasmine. It is perfect for holidays as it is easy to wear and low-maintenance. Xx

      Delete
  5. These are some lovely picks, I'd like to try the Clarins Fix Makeup. sabiha x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love the Clarins Fix Make-up Sabiha. It is a good one to keep your make-up longer or to freshen up your face in the middle of a warm day. Xx

      Delete
  6. I've always thought that little blush kit from the balm is so so cute! x

    www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and it is so versatile Katina. Xx

      Delete
  7. The Clarins balms sound amazing!
    Jodie xo // JodieLoue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazingly good Jodie esp for spring and summer. Xx

      Delete
  8. I have a long Clarins list after reading this! I love the sound of the balm and the spray! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clarins is just bringing out the best lately hun. Xx

      Delete
  9. I love all your picks. You do have a good taste in picking up beautiful things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you Athena *blushing madly* Xx

      Delete
  10. Love The Balm How bout them Apples?, so pigmented but lovely to work with! I had one last summer and used it to death!

    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can quiet understand why you were obsessed with the palette Sarah. It is just so beautiful and versatile. Xx

      Delete
  11. I love the sound of the Clarins anti pollution cream just the protection I want especially when I am in London and will give the clinique highlighter a go as I hadn't heard of the chubby stick highlighter before xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clinique highlighter just gives the right amount of highlight for daytime use without being over the too Jess. Xx

      Delete
  12. I need to get myself to Bobbi Brown & Clarins pronto...I really want the makeup fix.

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love the make-up fix Annabel. Xx

      Delete
  13. Love your photographs, Might try some of the products, they look good x

    elegantanchors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep hearing so many good things about the Healthy Mix foundation...really need to try it out already haha!

    http://edinburghstylejunkie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Gillian. It is a decent foundation considering its price. Xx

      Delete
  15. I love my Clarins Fix Make Up for prolonging my makeup and making it look more dewy :) You just reminded me about Bobbi Brown's Calypso Coral pot rouge - I wanted this ages ago! It's going back on my wish list x

    It's That Time For ... Keeping Those Spots Away and at Bay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clarins Fix Make-Up Spray is awesome isn't it? And you do need Calypso Coral in your life Jess. Xx

      Delete
  16. These sound like such lovely products to use this time of year. The Bourjois foundation and the Bobbi Brown Cheek & Lip Tint are also favourites of mine x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both products are quiet good beauty staples at this time of the year. Xx

      Delete
  17. I love how even the packaging of everything screams Spring to me. Those theBalm cream blushes look really pretty, I'm just starting to get myself into the cream blush world, I'm kind of confused with application at the moment but really loving it haha! X

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...