Tuesday 12 May 2015

THE SETTiNG POWDER EDiT

Best-Setting-Powder

I have a love and hate relationship with setting powders in the past. I feel that it just cake up my make-up. With the right use of setting powder, it is quiet helpful for the longevity of the make-up and control shines if your skin is on the oily side. Nowadays, there is a wide range of setting powders to choose from for different purposes and for different price range. I will be sharing with you my top choices for setting powders that caters for all budgets.

First stop and probably the most famous setting powder is the Hourglass Diffused Light Ambient Lighting Powder. This is probably my top favourite. Hourglass describes Dim Light as a neutral beige peach powder. It has warm undertones and doesn't add colour to my make-up. It blurs imperfection without making your make-up cake-y. It also helps to keep my make-up longer. Another good thing about is it lasts really long. I have it for more than a year and use this most of the time but still I haven't hit pan. It costs £38 which is quiet eye-watering but seeing how much use I got from it, it is worth it. But if the price still doesn't sit right with you, a good and more budget-friendly alternative  is the Make-Up Revolution Breathe Radiant Light. It almost has the same finish as the Hourglass one. It is just a bit lighter in shade and has a cooler undertones. It also dims imperfection and costs only £5 which I think is a really impressive price for its quality. If oil control is what you are after for a setting powder, the MakeUp For Ever HD Pressed Powder is the one for you. It is completely translucent when applied to the skin. It doesn't cake up your makeup of leave it too matte. The oil control however is really amazing, I use it mostly to dust my forehead as it is where I am most oily. It is also best to use when you are taking photos or videos as it gives a really nice finish to your make-up. A budget friendly alternative and easier to get hold of  is the Soap and Glory KickAss Instant Retouch Pressed Powder. It is not your usual press powder as it is yellow in the pan. Don't worry though as it is completely translucent once it is on the skin. It also controls shine without leaving your skin too matte. The last one is Clinique Snowflake Dreams Powder. Just consider this a bit of an extra as I don't use it in my face. This is part of the Clinique Nutcracker Collection last Christmas. The first time I got this, I am baffled on how to use it. It is pink and it is quite shimmery to my liking. Then my lovely friend suggests to use it across my shoulder on a night out. That did the trick. I use it to dust my shoulders and neck just to give a bit of highlight and definition.

Setting-Powder-Edit


So these are my favourite setting powders. What are your favourite setting powders?



XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07




37 comments:

  1. I have diffused light and hardly ever use it. Definitely need to dig out some of my makeup products!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Diffused Light but I heard a lot of good reviews about it. I am planning to get the Setting Powder Palette. Xx

      Delete
  2. I have the Hourglass powder palette and it made a huge difference in my life. I can understand people who thinks that it is just another normal setting powders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to get my hands on the palette as well. I don't believe The Hourglass powders are just like any other setting powders in the market. Xx

      Delete
  3. I really want to try the MUFE powder as I have heard such good things about it.

    Hayley @ Tea Party Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good powder Hayley esp if you are looking for oil control. Xx

      Delete
  4. My favourites have to be the Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot and MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try the Mac Studio Fix Powder Emma. I heard so many good things about it. Xx

      Delete
  5. I really want to try out the Hourglass one as it sounds amazing! x

    Jordan | Keep Dreaming ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really amazing Jordan. It is really worth a try. Xx

      Delete
  6. These all sound fantastic, I'm desperate to try out the Hourglass offering but i'll definitely have to look into them all!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be better to get the Hourglass Lighting Powder Palette Heather. I regret why I didn't get that in the first place. XX

      Delete
  7. I love KickAss too, it's one of my favourite powders ever!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good and affordable Maddy. Xx

      Delete
  8. I need to try the Hourglass powders as I have heard so many good reviews about it. It's a shame it is somehow expensive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can say that it is worth the price Hailey. Xx

      Delete
  9. Looking for a new powder - great post

    Leanne | oohsimplething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Setting powder is literally something I couldn't live without, I usually rely on it to give me extra coverage and colour but if I am using a fuller coverage foundation then I love the soap and glory one! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Soap and Glory powder is really good Jess and quiet affordable. Xx

      Delete
  11. I totally understand your love/hate relationship, I find that setting sprays help with the cakey feeling and also sweeping the powder over lightly is my main thing. I love the Makeup Revolution one, it's so good x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am more into setting sprays as of the moment as well Alina. I'm loving the Clarins one particularly. Xx

      Delete
  12. i need to get my hands on an hourglass ambient lighting powder.
    i'm loving the nyx HD studio photogenic powder for my setting powder right now.

    brooke | brooke elise beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nyx products are really good. I have been trying more of their products at the moment. Xx

      Delete
  13. I really want to get my hands on the hourglass powders they look and sound amazing! I am definitely going to check out the Makeup revolution it sounds amazing and its £5 win win.
    Zeynab x
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like Dim Light but regret spending so much on it - Breathe is definitely a good alternative though I think it's a little heavier. Definitely want to try the Kick Ass powder - yellow is perfect for setting under eye concealer :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is really something for the Hourglass one but after using it a lot since I bought, I feel like I spend the right amount for it. Xx

      Delete
  15. My favourite has to be the Chanel Universelle Libre loose powder, it's invisible on the skin and the tub is huge - so despite the price it lasts ages xx

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, that sounds like a really good powder. A trip to a Chanel beauty counter must be in order. Thank you for the recommendation. Xx

      Delete
  16. Ohhh Hourglass..I need that beauty in my life for sure!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do Annabel. It is just a beauty to behold. Xx

      Delete
  17. The Hourglass one looks and sounds lovely! I like the Bourjois Java Rice powder x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I use to have the Bourjois Java Rice Powder and I loved it. Xx

      Delete
  18. I'm the same with the setting powders, I tend to skip apart from under the eyes to be honest, but as I'm trying different concealers these days and trying to use up some '*eh* ones I'm not getting the usual flawless finish I get with my loose powder, the soap and glory one sounds great, I think I'll be adding that to my collection soon ^_^
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love the Soap and Glory powder Iqra. Xx

      Delete
  19. I actually use the Soap and Glory one on a daily basis! It does a pretty good job for me and even if I'm gonna have a foundation-less day, I'll pop on a tiny bit of concealer and this and I'm good to go!

    - Danielle xo
    underlandtowonderland.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...