Saturday 2 May 2015

10 SMALL THiNGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY


Happiness, they said, is elusive but sometimes we have just to find pleasures from small and simple things. I know it is easier said than done but it is worth a try. Today I made a small list of simple things that often brings a smile on my lips. It is quite a liberating process as it made me realise that there plenty of small things that are just waiting to be appreciated.

1. Petrichor. It is the smell of grass after the rain. It is one of my favourite scent in the world. It smells so soothing and relaxing.
2. The glorious sunshine most especially if you live in the UK.
3. New stationeries. It makes me so excited and giddy.
4. The smell of books.
5. Morning walks in the park.
6. Flowers. It always brighten any home or any place.
7. Newly laundered linens. I love the feeling of newly laundered beddings. If I could, I would change my beddings daily.
8. When your favourite song plays on the radio.
9. Laughters.
10. The smell of coffee and just coffee alone.

What are the small things that make you happy?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07



16 comments:

  1. I LOVE your list - so many of them struck a cord with me - my fav smells are babies, black orchid by Tom ford and the sea x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I forgot the sea Jules. I effin love the beach. Xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely post. Ice cream is ALWAYS a good idea!
    http://www.tamlovestea.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the smell of rain. It is like one of the most beautiful scent in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! It is just so lovely and nice. Xx

      Delete
  4. These are my favourite kind of posts, I love the smell of rain when the weather is hot and leaves the scent on the warm pavement, but I also love cut grass in spring time! I can agree with most of your picks xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell of grass is also my favourite scent. I have forgotten a lot to include in this post. Xx

      Delete
  5. Love lollipops - Deff lollipops!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lollipops are definitely a source of happiness. Xx

      Delete
  6. I love your list, I agree with so many of them! Flowers always make me feel happy, they just brighten up every room! and living in the UK, seeing the sun on the rare occasion it comes out is always the start to a good day! Spending time with my family and friends also makes me feel really happy! :)

    Love Amylou x
    www.amylous.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been quiet lucky in the UK lately due to some glorious sunshine. Xx

      Delete
  7. Petrichor is my new favourite word haha! I'm also obsessed with the smell of books... so good!
    Becky xx // GeekGetsGlam: Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was also obsessed with Petrichor the first time I read about it. Xx

      Delete
  8. I loved this post, it just goes to show how it's the smaller things in life that really make a drastic difference. Sure, we could go out and spend xxx amount of money on new things, book a holiday or do something adventurous, but when it comes down to it, it's the little things that makes us happy: finishing a new book, reading a sweet comment, taking the time to admire how beautiful the day and weather actually is! Lovely post!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Heather! It is the small things that makes each day a bitore brighter. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...