Friday 8 May 2015

THE PiNK LiPSTiCK EDiT

Best-Pink-Lipsticks

Growing up, I was never the cliche little girl who loves everything pink. Growing up in a more male oriented environment (a brother and loads of male cousins), I grow up loving blue colours. Pastel blue of course. Lately however, I have a growing affection to pink lipsticks. Pink lipstick has a certain allure that makes me feel ladylike without being too OTT. A bit of disclaimer, some of the lipsticks from this edit are almost of the same shade. They do however differ in finishes and prices.


For Sheer and Glossy Pink Lips- My favourite type of lipstick finish is always a glossy finish. Even though its staying power is not that good, sheer lipstick is more kinder to my lips which is always dehydrated. My top favourite is Tom Ford Ravenous Color Shine. It gives a sheer but buildable colour and has a high-shine finish. A bit cheaper to this but still a bit pricey is the YSL Pink in Devotion Rouge Volupte Shine. I have a big obsession with the rouge volupte shine finish and Pink in Devotion is one of my favourite from the range. A cheaper alternative is the Maybelline Blush Essence Colour Elixir. This is a liquid lipstick and applies more as a stain. This still, however, do the job of giving a nice, glossy, pink tint on the lips.

For Bright Pink Lips- If you are a fan of Mac Candy YumYum but find it too drying to the lips as it has a matte finish, the Mac Happy Go Lucky is the best alternative. It is exactly the same shade as Candy YumYum but with an amplified finish. Happy Go Lucky has a good staying power and is more hydrating to the lips. A drugstore favourite of mine is Bourjois Pink Pong Rouge Edition Velvet. This has a velvet finish as the name suggests which is almost matte but still not drying to the lips. Another bright pink shade favourite of mine is the Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Yu. This gives the perfect Barbie shade pink and very moisturising on the lips. It does look to full-on but honestly, give it a try and you will be converted.


Pink-Lipstick-Edit


For The My Lips But Better Pink Lips-  For a matte finish, the Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick in Matte Petal is the only matte lipstick that so far my lips can tolerate. It is not too drying despite the matte finish. The Clinique Pop Lip Colour and Primer in Sweet Pop is my current favourite. It gives the prettiest pink shade on the lips without being too pale or too bright. It is the right amount of pink for daily use. An old favourite of mine is the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy in Powerful. Powerful is another pink lipsticks that gives a MLBB shade. It is easy to wear and very hydrating on the lips.

So these are my top pink lipsticks of choice. What are your thoughts on pink lipsticks?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07



29 comments:

  1. I used to be such a huge pink lip person, I wish I still was as there are so many lovely shades here!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have a love and hate relationship with pink lipsticks however recently, I am going crazy over them. Xx

      Delete
  2. I love a bold pink lip for summer, these all look gorgeous!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think pink bold lips are perfect for summer Jas. Xx

      Delete
  3. The maybelline glosses are my go to at the moment! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them as they don't feel tacky on the lips. Xx

      Delete
  4. Photography in this post is absolutely stunning!

    xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a love and hate relationship with pink lipsticks but everything in your picks are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do as well hun but I adore them alot at the moment. Xx

      Delete
  6. I really struggle with pink lipsticks; some shades really suit my skintone whilst others look like a hot mess (infact, less of the hot, just a mess really!) but a few of these sound lovely... I think I'll have to test a few of them out and see if I can get them to work for me!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my skintone suits red lipsticks as I am not that pale tbh. I think finding the right shade that suits you is the key. Xx

      Delete
  7. I love the look of the Bourjois one, such a pretty colour and formula!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really pretty Maddy. I also love the formula. It is long lasting without being too drying. Xx

      Delete
  8. So many great lipstick options, I don't even know where to look. I'm on the hunt for the perfect pink shade from MAC so I'll definitely be checking out Happy Go Lucky as the formula sounds amazing x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I own so much pink lipsticks Alina. I am cringing at how many lipsticks I am neglecting. Xx

      Delete
  9. I do love a natural pink look, being blonde pinks can look tacky easily on me. I adore MAC Snob, but I think I may have to have a nose at Clinique!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clinique on is really creamy and pretty Annabel. Xx

      Delete
  10. The nars lip pencil in Yu looks amazing and I have had my eye on this for a while :)

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yu is so gorgeous beaut! You should get one for yourself. Xx

      Delete
  11. I love hot pinks for Spring, they just bring life to my face! Gorgeous photo and great picks, hun! x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mac happy go lucky sounds gorgeous I always use show orchid but really want to change things up a bit and I love the sound of YSL pink in devotion as I am a little YSL obsessed ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are not alone with the YSL obsession Jess. Their products are just gorgeous and awesome. Xx

      Delete
  13. Pink is just so easy, yet it makes everyone looks amazing. My favourite pink is definitely Sephora's Rouge Cream Lipstick in Love test! I also love the pineapple plate, great post! www.youmeandwhatever.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will be hunting that shade beaut. Thank you for the recommendation. Xx

      Delete
  14. I'm never too sure about them on myself but I love a really bold pink on other people! I actually swatched that Clinique shade today, it's beautiful x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clinique Sweet Pop is my favourite atm for daily use. Xx

      Delete
  15. You really are the queen of pink lipstick, Ella! I only got one of the Clinique Pop Lipsticks and I definitely want to go back for more of them. Candy-Yum-Yum is a beautiful color, I'm surprised it's not already in my collection :P

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...