Tuesday 26 May 2015

FORSAKEN BUT NOT FORGOTTEN PRODUCTS

Forsaken-But-Not-Forgotten

My hopes are high that I am not alone in obsessing over a product but then forgot about it afterwards as new things come along. I am very guilty of doing this over and over again. In my recent spring cleaning, I discovered some make-up items that I used to love and I should still be loving. These are cosmetics that I had wax lyrical in the past and then they were somehow shoved in the bottom drawers. As I sorted them out, sussing out expired and nearly expired one, I created a list of my top favourites that I have rediscovered in my stash.

Mac Face and Body Foundation- This has been like one of my all time favourite foundations. It is perfect for everyday use and offer a sheer to medium coverage. I actually love this sheer and just evens out redness in my face. It gives an illusion of an almost perfect skin in a very normal way. I think this is the perfect base in achieving a no-make up make up look. As this foundation is from Mac, the shade range is really wide so you can get the perfect or almost perfect match for you.

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette- I know I am not alone in obsessing over this handy palette more than a year ago. When it came out, I had a really hard time getting my hands on it. This is also like the perfect palette on the ago. It has a good range of neutral shades that is perfect for day and night time make-ups as well. As it is very compact, it is perfect for your everyday handbag, for a weekend getaway, or to bring with you on holidays.

Benefit Eye Bright- Another favourite when I started blogging. I use this to line my waterline to give me a wide-eye, natural look. I also use it to highlight the inner corners of my eyes to give a natural bright-eyed look. As it is milky pink, it looks almost natural when applied.

Forsaken-But-Not-Forgotten-Edit


Loreal L'Extraordinaire Liquid Lipstick- A cult favourite last year and what I think is one of the best liquid lipstick there is in the market. The shade range of this liquid lipstick is quiet wide, ranging from nudes, to pinks, to reds, to corals. The packaging is also chic and the liquid lipstick itself is so dreamy. It is so creamy when applied and offers a high-shine finish. The pigmentation is also really good but the staying power is quiet low on 2-3 hours due to its glossy finish. I don't really mind that as it is so easy to re-apply and will just take a minute or two.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush- Another cult favourite and very covetable as it is very difficult to get hold of in the UK. QVC sells them but it is still limited. I have the shade True Love and Fearless. Both shades are perfect for spring and summer as it is quiet bright. True Love is a beautiful watermelon colour and Fearless is a pink-coral shade. Both looks scary on the pan but quiet flattering when applied.

So these are my top rediscovery in my recent spring cleaning. Do you have any old favourites that you rediscovered recently? Don't forget to check and join my Zoeva Eyeshadow Palette and Brush Set of your choice Giveaway. Details can be found here.


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07




25 comments:

  1. I love the L’oreal liquid lipsticks! They don’t get the attention they deserve in the blogging world. Good picks.

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! The lipsticks are actually quiet good and should be more hyped. Xx

      Delete
  2. Brilliant idea for a post. I haven't tried a few of these including the liquid lipsticks but will add them to my list x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Loreal liquid lipstick is a must-try Jules. The quality is on par with high-end liquid lipsticks. Xx

      Delete
  3. I had the same thing with the Naked Basics Palette. I loved it and needed it so badly, but when I bought it I soon forgot about it, and instead I would always use the Naked 2 palette. And I suddenly started using it again! It definitely is a great product!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly the story of my life. The Naked Basics is easily forgotten. It doesn't help that it so compact as it means that it can easily get lost at the back of the drawer. Xx

      Delete
  4. The Tarte blushes look so stunning! I wish Tarte was easy to get my hands on where I live.

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tarte blushes are must-haves beaut. We need one or two in our life. Xx

      Delete
  5. I love how you store everything in the Zoeva bag :) x

    Katina | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have coveting for the Tarte blushes like forever. It looks so pretty just even in photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we're all guilty of forgetting about products that we love at one point because there's a constant flow of new releases and we want them all haha. I still haven't tried the ever so popular Tarte blushes but these looks so pretty x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I am guilty of lusting over all new releases. It's like I don't have enough make-up to last me a lifetime. Xx

      Delete
  8. I just rediscovered one of those L'Oréal lip things that I got ages ago I literally only wore it for a look on my blog (lame, I know!) I left it in a place where I could see it so that I don't forget about it this upcoming weekend haha :) X

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enjoying using it again lately. It is just so easy to use and looks really good on the lips. Xx

      Delete
  9. I was just like that with the UD Naked Basics 2. Used it loads when I bought it but then forgot about it. Such a great palette. Must dig it out and play with it more often. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I didn't succumb to the Naked Basics 2. It will also end up getting neglected probably. Xx

      Delete
  10. I only started using MAC foundation like a couple of weeks ago and I literally could not be without it now, I really want the Naked basics palette it really looks like an essential travel companion xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What Mac foundation did you got Jess? Xx

      Delete
  11. I've been using my Tarte blushers a bit this last couple of weeks and I bloody love them!! I also really like the L'Oreal lipsticks! Loved this post Ella x

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Tarte blushes. I have a palette as well from them and I just love to bring it when I am on trips. Xx

      Delete
  12. Yep, I definitely have a bunch of products like this that get forgotten about as new obsessions come about. The Naked Basics 2 and the L'Oreal glosses are on my list as well. Also lovely to hear good things about MAC Face and Body, haven't heard much about it, surprisingly!

    Ash / thebeautycollection.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mac Face and Body is one of my favourite foundation. I like it sheer to medium coverage and it looks very natural on the skin. Xx

      Delete
  13. There are always some products that are oldies but goodies and overtime you turn to them you wonder why you don't use them as much. For me it's my Dior highlighters sabiha x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...