Thursday 30 April 2015

KiKO MODERN TRiBES FOR SUMMER 2015

Kiko-Modern-Tribes-Collection

As I mentioned in my previous blog posts, summer launches are starting to sprout and this is another exciting time for beauty fanatics. After spring cleaning and clearing our make-up stashes, we now have another reason to shop. Surely we need new things or our stash is not enough or we need to add more to our beauty loot. The recent summer launch that got me excited is the Kiko Modern Tribes Collection. This collection is inspired by the grandeur of modern, noble warriors or just basically strong and empowered women from different backgrounds.

The first thing and possibly my favourite from the collection is the Kiko Free Spirits Lip and Cheeks in 04 Typical Dahlia*. This comes in a jumbo pencil (really huge) and can be used as lipstick or blusher. It applies easily and rather creamy. As a lipstick, the pigmentation is insane. It has a matte finish but doesn't feel drying on the lips. When used as blusher, I find it tricky the first few times I used it. I find that the best and probably the easiest is to apply a few swipes (possibly two) and blend. Then built it up according to your preference. As it is quiet pigmented, you have to be careful and don't go overboard on your first application. It has a matte finish and stays really well. For most two-in-one products, I find that most of them don't really works for both purposes. Either it is a good lipstick but sucks as a blush or vice versa. The Kiko Free Spirits Lip and Cheeks is however really good both as a lipstick and as a blush. This amazing pencil also comes in an affordable price of £8.90 and comes with six different shades to choose from. And if you are worried about what to sharpen it with, don't fret as it comes with its own sharpener. Kiko always think about our needs.

Kiko-Modern-Tribes-Collection-Swatches

From the Modern Tribe Collection there are three different bases to choose from. The Kiko Sunproof Cream Foundation* is one of the three. It comes as a compact and packaged in minimalist, monochrome compact. It has a good size mirror and also comes with a sponge. I am not a big fan of sponges and for this cream foundation, I use my ever trusty Zoeva buffing brush. This cream foundation also comes with SPF 15 which is not much but I always put an SPF 50 before my make-ups so I don't really mind. This cream foundation blends really well in the skin. It feels lightweight like you are not wearing any foundation. It offers sheer to medium coverage. I use it for sheer coverage and it gives an illusion of natural, perfected skin. It has a matte finish to it. It also claims to be water-resistant which I am doubtful about but I can say it is sweat resistant. It stays quite well for 5 hours despite the very warm weather a few days ago. Lastly and another favourite of mine from the collection is the Kiko Dawn Till  Dusk Volumizing Mascara*. This reminds me so much of my favourite YSL Babydoll Mascara. The packaging comes in a chic gold, bronze-y metallic packaging. It has a plastic wand and the bristles are of a good size. It volumises and elongates the lashes without clamping the lashes together. It almost looks like that you are wearing some false lashes without being OTT.  I find that it is perfect for both day and night time use.It is buildable and even though it is not waterproof, it doesn't melt and stays put in the lashes. Eventhough it doesn't smudge, you can take this mascara off rather easily.

Kiko-Modern-Tribes-Collection-Review


So far, from the items that I tried from the Kiko Modern Tribes Collection, I have been impressed with the products. It is not surprising really as most products that I tried from the brand always exceed my expectations. What are your thoughts on the Kiko Modern Tribes Collection?



XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07



21 comments:

  1. I still haven't tried anything from KIKO but I definitely think I need to!
    Jodie xo // JodieLoue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try Kiko Jodie. The brand has loads of amazing products. Xx

      Delete
  2. I love the look of the mascara. I think it will make my lashes fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the packaging of the Modern Tribes collection, so pretty and I love the sound of the cream foundation, as a sheer formula is perfect for summer x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed perfect for summer Alina. It also feels weightless which is a lovely bonus. Xx

      Delete
  4. I am obsess with Kiko at the moment. I am glad that I have new things to look forward to next time I visit their store

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their collections are getung better and better Hailey. Xx

      Delete
  5. I have never tied anything from kiko but it all sounds amazing and the products look beautiful . I must try something out from them .
    http://millie-kate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try Kiko Millie. You are missing a lit of things from the brand. Xx

      Delete
  6. The kiko jumbo pencil sounds amazing, I am all about lazy beauty I know it's not great to admit but I love things that make my life easy and it's great how it isn't drying but gives a nice pigmented colour xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love easy to apply make-up Jess esp when I am rushing in the morning. Xx

      Delete
  7. Never tried anything from kiko, but really want to now x
    Much Love | Trillu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely need to try Kiko beaut. Xx

      Delete
  8. I've only tried an eyeshadow stick from Kiko but I'd love to try more products! The mascara sounds amazing x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of the lip and eye pencil :) I really wish I'd picked up some of the blushers or the highlighting pearls from this collection when I was in London! xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been eyeing the blushes as well Jas. They are gorgeous! Xx

      Delete
  10. I'm currently testing out a few bits from the collection myself; that mascara is beautiful isn't it?! I've only used it a few times but i'm so impressed with the formula, and that cheek and lip product is gorgeous too, basically i'm in love with the entire collection, and the packaging in all honestly! Kiko have definitely hit the nail on the head with this launch!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mascara is absolutely amazing. It has been on constant use. Xx

      Delete
  11. Ahhh I love Kiko!! I've never tried their mascaras before so might have to treat myself :-)
    Xxxxx

    segenswunsche.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...