Thursday 2 April 2015

SHEER LiPS FOR SPRiNG

Clarins-Jolie-Rouge-Lipstick-Review

As spring is finally here and summer is not far behind, I am navigating towards sheer and bright lipsticks. I think most of our preferences towards these seasons, we love colourful things.  Last spring, I had a whirl with one Clarins Jolie Rouge Perfect Shine Lipstick. Well one lipstick has now become three and I think it is about time to share my thoughts about this lipstick.

Clarins-Jolie-Rouge-Lipstick-Swatches
Form Top to Bottom :  19 Tropical Pink, 23 Rose Petal, 22 Coral Dahlia
The Clarins Jolie Rouge Perfect Shine Lipstick* is packaged in a sleek, silver packaging. One thing that I love about it as it has a very good click when you close it. Yes, I am one of those people who finds joy in a good click of their make-ups. The lipstick itself has a subtle fruity scent in which I really like. The fruity scent remains the same as time goes by as one of the lipstick has been with me since last year. When applied, it is soft and glides easily on the lips. When on the lips, it is comfortable and not heavy despite that it is glossy. The finish is sheer and you have to apply atleast two coats to get a good colour. It feels very juicy and hydrating on the lips. The lipstick also has small shimmers which doesn't really look OTT when worn and almost unnoticeable. It doesn't give a frosty finish but instead gives silky-smooth shine. It also makes your lips appear plumper. It gives a pop of colour to the face and gives a fresh vibe. For a sheer lipstick, it stays for three hours on my lips and leaves a nice tint afterwards.

Clarins-Jolie-Rouge-Lipstick


The Clarins Jolie Rouge Perfect Shine Lipstick retails at £19 each and I think that it really worth splurging. What are your thoughts about sheer lipsticks for spring?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

22 comments:

  1. I'm not normally a fan of sheer lipsticks but these do look and sound beautiful; I think I may have to reevaluate and try some of these beauties out!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sheer lipsticks for spring and summer Heather. It makes me feel more summer-y. Xx

      Delete
  2. Love the bottom colour!
    I love using sheer lipsticks because they're so easy - quick swipe and done! x

    www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! And you can re-touch with ease. Xx

      Delete
  3. I love sheer lipsticks during summer as they keep my lips looking glossy and feeling moisturised so these sound really appealing. You also can't beat that satisfying click with a beauty product haha x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about the click. I think most beauty addicts, like us, love a good click. Xx

      Delete
  4. The photography on your blog is so lovely. Bright and airy, but so clear - you've nailed it perfectly!

    OMG YES - I also love products that shut properly with that satisfying click, I thought I was alone! I've found my Mac lipsticks do this well which is SUCH a delight! I'm always on the look out for more lipsticks so I think I might give this Clarins one a go, have never used Clarins before. Thanks for reviewing. Really happy I stumbled across you blog. xx
    LA COCO NOIRE ¦ Lifestyle, Food and Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Katie. Xx

      Delete
  5. I'm just beginning to love bold shades and I'm starting with sheer ones. These lipsticks looks stunning and I would be looking for them next time I'm in Boots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should hun. I think you will love these lipsticks. Xx

      Delete
  6. I've actually just recently been getting into sheer lipsticks! I just picked up the bareMinerals Pop Of Passion in Punch Pop. The oils in it hydrate so well.

    Jessica // http://lipsandtrips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be looking out for those one Jessica. Thank you for recommending. Xx

      Delete
  7. I love how they look so pigmented on the bullet but from the swatches they appear really sheer. Nothing like a moisturizing lippy <3

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are mositurising and they have gorgeous shades from the range Siham. Xx

      Delete
  8. Coral Dahlia is my absolute favourite but they all pretty! I don't have any clarins lipsticks but am wearing lots of gloss and sheer colour its gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coral Dahlia is also my favourite Jess. Xx

      Delete
  9. I am a bit rubbish with sheer lips, but I do think I am sold on Coral Dahlia!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coral Dahlia is a real stunner Annabel. Xx

      Delete
  10. I love a moisturising lipstick, but i really do love a bit of colour! Coral Dahlia looks amazing! xx

    KirstyLeighx// Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the lipsticks you are looking for Kirsty. They have gorgeous shades and are also moisturising. Xx

      Delete
  11. Have not heard of these yet but they look lovely and I can see them being perfect for S/S! x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it Renata. You might like it although it is quiet sheer. It is really perfect for S/S. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...