Tuesday 14 April 2015

DRUGSTORE GEMS #3


For the third installment of my Drugstore Gems, some of the products included are newly released and there is also a mixture of cult beauty favourites. Most of these products are also blogger-induced buys in which I think most of us can relate. Reading blogs has its own pros and cons. The cons mainly is my bank balance not being happy with me. Whilst Boots is also having a 3 for 2 offers across most brands and you can mix and match them, I think this is the perfect time to have my newest instalment for Drugstore Gems

Barry M Speedy Quick Dry Nail Paint- I think everyone loves this nail polish. Aside that it dries so quickly which is really impressive, the range also features lovely pastel shades that are so spring and summer appropriate. I got the shade Eat My Dust (a very pale bluish-greyish shade) and Lap of Honour (a very pretty pastel lilac shade). I had difficulties when I first got this nail polish until I discovered a quiet effective trick to deal with it. Apply the first coat and wait for it to dry(which is very quick) and then top it up  and so on. Make sure that each layer is thin otherwise it will go clumpy and horrible.

Maybelline Lash Sensational- This has been featured previously in my February Favourites and until now I still love it. It gives good volume on the lashes without clumping them together. The packaging is also a beauty in its light pink metallic tube packaging. Loads are claiming that it is a good alternative to Benefits Roller Lash.

Maybelline Rebel Bloom- This is a newly released range from Maybelline that features pastel but bright shades. The lipstick is very creamy and lasts really well. There are four shades in the range and I haven't seen them online yet but are available on Maybelline stands in Boots. I have Petal Pink and Peach Poppy which are gorgeous.

Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Eastend Snob- I think I don't need to elaborate this one as everyone raves about this lip liner. I don't usually go to overly hyped products but for its price, I think I can't go wrong. The lip liner is very creamy and lasts really well. If you are thinking of getting a good lip liner, this one is real good one.

Bourjois 123 Perfect Colour Correcting Cream- As the weather is getting warmer, I am falling back into using lighter bases. This CC cream offers a good coverage yet still looking really light and fresh. It also feels moisturising on the skin. Also, it has a good staying power. A real bargain for it's price of £9.99.

Max Factor Crème Puff Blush- I love this blush to bits and I did a full review of these blushes that can be found here. The blushes lasts really well and the shades from the collection are all lovely. Since I got them, it has been on constant use as they are that beautiful. Nude Mauve is my personal favourite.

The Library of Fragrance Cologne Spray- The brand has a very wide range of scents and for an affordable price. My personal favourite is Thunderstorm. Yes, there is a scent after thunderstorm. Amazing isn't it?

Maybelline The Erase Eye Perfect and Cover Concealer- I never found a drugstore concealer that I really like until I met this one. It is light and doesn't look cake-y yet it gives a good coverage. It also lasts for ages and doesn't seem to melt. This concealer rivals high-end ones for a fraction of the price.



So this are my Drugstore Gems. Do you have any other recommendations from the drugstore?



XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07




24 comments:

  1. The Boujois CC cream is something I need to try! I've been putting it off for way too long. x

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great release, drugstore brands seem to be having quite a lot of great makeup products lately. Really want to try Library of Fragrance scents soon but haven't spotted the brand yet in my local Boots x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't spotted them in my Boots either. I only saw it online. Xx

      Delete
  3. Your photography is always spot-on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of my absolute favourites here! The drugstore really seem to be upping their game recently, every single launch is spot on!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agreed! The drugstore has so many great stuffs nowadays. Xx

      Delete
  5. I love the look of those new blushes, so pretty!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD // Win a Luxury Beauty Item of your Choice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with so much of these! Lash Sensational is my favourite and the Eye Eraser concealer is just amazing :) really enoying the Barry M Speedy Quick Drys and Max Factor Creme Puff blushes right now too. Lovely choices xx

    Magpie Jasmine | Zoeva Brush Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. How stunning are those blushes?! I want the entire range!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the lash sensational mascara I actually have roller lash too and just alternate between both of them and I really want to try the concealer for super tired days! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The concealer is really good. I am really impress. Xx

      Delete
  9. The Erase is a must in my daily makeup routine! For mascara I tend to gravitate between Lash Sensational and The Rocket, both are so good and give me great lashes (which I lack haha!).

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try the rocket one Siham. I heard so many great things about it. Xx

      Delete
  10. I totally agree with the concealer, it's one of my favourite too! And Bourjois for foundation can't be wrong. Ever.
    I'm really curious about the Thunderstorm spray...I feel I'd like it! Pity they don't send outside UK...are there shops to buy them? Because obviously I'd like to try them :)

    Cheers!
    Eithne on the Moon | Lifestyle, books and travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately you can only buy the Library of Fragrance from Boots I think. Xx

      Delete
  11. Your blog is such an eye candy! Lovely the way you make your photos and give detailed product reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your nice compliment! Xx

      Delete
  12. I have heard so much about the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara. I want to try it sooo bad, but I have about 3 mascaras on the go already hahah.

    Great post!

    xo
    Sophie | www.thesophasaurus.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Maybelline eye eraser is a must have drugstore product for me, so effective! Barry M nail polishes are also fab- I'm currently living in Eat My Dust!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...