Thursday 16 April 2015

A LONG LASTiNG FOUNDATiON

Clarins-Everlasting-Foundation

Raise your hand if you are looking for a foundation that will last for more than 12 hours. Finding a good foundation is already quiet difficult, finding one that will last long is even more difficult. I was on a market for a long-lasting foundation since ages ago. When I am out and about, I usually go out for more than 8 hours and I hate it when my make-up starts dissolving. I've tried a few long-lasting foundations but none has really impressed me. The latest on my search for my holy grail is the Clarins Everlasting Foundation.

The Clarins Everlasting Foundation* is a reformulation of their old foundation with the same name. The new one promises to be better than the old one. The Everlasting Foundation is packaged in a frosted glass with a light gold cap. You can see the foundation through the glass which is always good in my books so that I know if my foundation is running out. The packaging is made in a true Clarins fashion that is very chic. It has a pump and delivers a good amount of product. On application, the foundation blends really well on the skin. It is very smooth but light as well. It never feels or looks cake-y. It feels weightless and just comfortable on the skin. It gives a medium to full coverage. One pump of the Everlasting Foundation will give me a medium coverage and two/three pumps will give a full coverage. You can build it up really well with a good foundation brush. It doesn't look like you've layered your skin  with foundation. It looks natural on the skin. Another good thing about it is the foundation doesn't oxidise. The shade remains the same from the time you apply it until you remove it. It gives a a silky finish in which I really love. Now for the longevity, I want to try it without using a primer as that will give me an accurate result as it promises to last for 18 hours. Not that I need a foundation for 18 hours. Without primer, the foundation lasts for more than 10 hours in which I am really impress. This has been on a basis of more than 5 usage and everytime I use it, it always impress me. The Clarins Everlasting Foundation has 10 different shades to choose from.

Clarins-Everlasting-Foundation-Review

The Clarins Everlasting Foundation has really impressed me beyond words. It has become on of my favourite foundation and I am so happy to find this. What are your thoughts about long-lasting foundations?



XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07



28 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great foundation for the day time. I always find it a little hard to wear a full face of makeup in the daytime, although I'm up for long lasting formulas that won't cake up. If I see it available in a local Clarins counter I will definitely give it a try. X

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also not into full coverage foundation Siham that is why I like this as it can be sheered out easily to medium coverage. Xx

      Delete
  2. I had a little sample of this foundation and my first impression is that I'm not that amazed. It looks quite chalky when you apply it and just doesn't sit very nice. I don't know, I wanted to be impressed but I wasn't. I would also say that it does not last any longer than other foundations. Maybe I need to try it again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame. A friend is also using this foundation and we both have glowing words about it. I never felt it chalky. I layer it thinly and buff it properly each layer. Xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds lovely! I'm always on the look out for new foundations to try out, despite not really *needing* them and this looks and sounds fab... my bank account now hates you!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have loads of bases to finish Heather but I can't seem to resist good bases. Xx

      Delete
  4. I love this foundation too and use it all the time!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD // Win a Luxury Beauty Item of your Choice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that you are also a fan of this foundation Maddy. Xx

      Delete
  5. I have been a fan of this foundation since it's old formula. I never knew that Clarins re-formulated it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love this new formula beaut. Xx

      Delete
  6. Clarins is the only foundation I use but I use the ever matte at the moment and think it smells beautiful and is great coverage, I will definitely try this out now when I run out xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I yet have to try the ever matte Jess but I think their foundations have almost the same scent as I also have another Ckarins foundation and their scent is almost similar. Xx

      Delete
  7. This foundation sounds very impressive! And you just reminded me that I have a sample of it so I will definitely try it tomorrow :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me what you think about it Dagmara. Xx

      Delete
  8. I adore Clarins, they items are just such classics, and not gimmicky. I keep meaning to go try a sample of this, and this has reminded me to go do just that the weekend!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! The brand doesn't do gimmicks which makes them a reliable one. Xx

      Delete
  9. It lasts 10 hours without a primer?! Wow that really is impressive, must get a sample to try it out for myself x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am pretty sure this is in my 'to try' foundations! But I am absolutely loving MAC Pro Longwear at the moment!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try this one as well Stacey! Xx

      Delete
  11. This sounds amazing! Very helpful post as I'm always after a super long lasting foundation that doesn't wear off half way through the day!

    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that this post is helpful to you Rachel. Xx

      Delete
  12. This sounds lovely, thanks for the thorough and in-depth review!

    Cass | CassandraMyee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you find me review helpful Cassandra. Xx

      Delete
  13. I have this foundation and I love it! It is exactly what I love in a foundation - matte, long-wearing, comfortable and good coverage :) x

    Brenda BusyBee | Makeup Revolution Highlighting Palettes Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed to everything that you said Brenda. This is just a totally awesome foundation. Xx

      Delete
  14. This sounds fabulous! I've yet to try any foundations or make up products from Clarins but from all the reviews from friends and fellow bloggers it really looks like the first thing I must try from them is a foundation/concealer or a shadow quad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a new collection Sharlynn which has loads of awesome products. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...