Tuesday 31 March 2015

THE PRiMER EDiT

The-Primer-Edit

Since I first dabble into make-up and cosmetics, the biggest discovery that I found is using primer. Using primer before my foundation helps a lot in one way or another. There is a big misconception though surrounding around primers. Most of us, including me, thought that the only sole purpose of primer is to make our foundation stays longer. Obviously that is not the case as nowadays, primers have a whole loads of different purposes. I went into a primer spree at one point and after trying too many, I compile my top favourite primers.


The Max Factor Face Finity Primer is the most affordable in my stash. Aside from the good price, this is the only primer that I got which makes my make-up stays really long. It has been on constant use and I actually rave about this in my Drugstore Gems post previously. Another affordable primer is The Body Shop All-in-One Instablur. Instablur claims to extend your make-up, minimise pores, hides blemishes, even out your complexion, and control shines. It's concept is to be the only primer that you really need. On my case, Instablur really does reduce shine due to my face natural oil and minimise my pores. I don't find it to even out my complexion or hide my blemishes. It is however a good primer if you are looking for a primer to mattify your face and minimise the pores. Another pore minimising primer is the Benefit Porefessional. This completely blocks out all my pores especially the large ones that I got around my nose. It gives a really finish and I repurchased this twice already. As I also suffer from redness, the best primer to even out my complexion is the Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Primer. It is apricot in colour but when applied, it becomes translucent. The apricot colour helps in covering any redness or darkness in your face. It is good to use if you are wearing a low coverage foundation to give you a more flawless complexion. The first primer that I got is the Mac Prep+Prime Skin Base Visage. It helps in making your make-up stay longer and it helps give a dewy and glowy finish for your foundation. I prefer to use it more on the night as it has some micro-glitters that somehow shows during the day. For daytime glow, I prefer the Clarins Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base. When I first use this primer, I fell head over heals about it and this is also a repurchase. It gives the right amount of glow and makes any foundation dewy without being overpowering. It has no glitter or whatsoever. I always rely on the Clarins Instant Light when I want to look fresh, natural, and with a radiant complexion.

The-Primer-Edit-Review

So these are my top choices for primers. Do you use any of the above-mentioned? Do you have any other primers you can recommend?



XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07



30 comments:

  1. That Maxfactor primer is my new favourite! I love how it leaves such a smooth surface behind x

    www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really good primer and an absolute bargain. Xx

      Delete
  2. The Body Shop Instablur is definitely my favourite primer, although I think I may have to try a few of the ones mentioned above now!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love instablur. It is such a good primer esp if you have large pores and some redness. Xx

      Delete
  3. Porefessional is my holy grail primer. I need to try instablur though as it more budget friendly for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love instablur as well Kaycee. Xx

      Delete
  4. I have a few primers in my box that still needs to be tested but the best one I've found for making make up last longer is the Dr. Jart pore refine recover primer

    Leanne | www.oohsimplething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that primer before. I need to have a look through for that. Thanks for the recommendation. Xx

      Delete
  5. I love the Benefit Primer, it works perfectly with my skin.

    GreyWalls 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does and it gives a really smooth finish as well. Xx

      Delete
  6. Ooh great post, I love the Smashbox primer range, especially as they have a whole range to suit varying skin types! Been looking for a cheaper alternative though, may have to give that Max Factor one a go!

    SinĂ©ad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Smashbox primers. If I could, I will buy all of their primers. Xx

      Delete
  7. I really want to try the clarins primer it's sounds like I would really like it. You have to try the pixie primer it's really good.
    Zeynab x
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look for the Pixie one Zeynab, thanks for recommending. You have to try the Clarins one, it is so good. Xx

      Delete
  8. Found this post so helpful as I've only recently got into primers after falling in love with the Maxfactor one. By the sounds of it I'd definitely like to try the Smashbox Colour Correcting one as I do love wearing light bases x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Smashbox one has been my holy grail for year Alina. It is really good in correcting redness on the skin. Xx

      Delete
  9. I so need to try more primers, but Nars & MAC are my two favourites. Actually, reminds me, I need to repurchase my beloved MAC one!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What Mac primer are you loving Annabel? Xx

      Delete
  10. Primer is actually one of the first makeup products I ever used, but with all the options that have come out in the last years I've become so lost. And not all primers work with all foundations and that's really frustrating! I even have the porefressional and haven't tried it for fear of it not working with my current foundation. I'm probably just being silly. Great post though, a great roundup of primers!
    Ivory Avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie. I think when it comes to primer, you have to carefully think of which will go perfectly with the finish of the foundation or what foundation finish you want to achieve. Most of the primers mentioned above except for the Clarins and Mac ones don't inter with foundation finishes. The Clarins and Mac ones gives a more dewy finish even with matte foundations. Xx

      Delete
  11. I really like the Porefessional but I recently tried Monu Illuminating Primer which I tend to wear on it's on if I'm having a good skin day!

    embrace the detours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for recommending Danielle. I'll have a search for the Monu primer. Xx

      Delete
  12. I really like The Body Shop primer and there is one from Gosh that I use too. I do really want to try the Smashbox primers though - love that they have a primer for correcting all different areas :) x

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smashbox has a good range of primers Brenda for all different needs. Xx

      Delete
  13. Thank you for dropping by Diana. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. the smashbox and benefit ones are my favorites as well!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Benefit Porefessional :) Instablur is also great and I really like Smashbox Photofinish. Great little round-up :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine | Zoeva Brush Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to try the smashbox colour corrector primer as someone recommended it to me and instablur is on my list too D: ahhhh! I don't even use primer at the moment- v bad xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...