Sunday 1 March 2015

FiVE WAYS TO iNCORPORATE AVOCADO iN YOUR DiET


Avocado is one fruit that I truly love since I was a child. The past few months in when I had been lamenting over my skin being so erratic with spots breaking in every now and then, my mom told me to incorporate avocado in my diet. I tried to have atleast three avocados in a week. Lo and behold, it did helped in clearing and calming my skin. Mom's really knows best. Aside from avocado being rich in Vitamin E which helps in keeping your skin in good condition, it also has loads of other health benefits. It is also rich in Omega 9 fats which helps reduce in in skin irritation and redness. It also contains more potassium than bananas, loaded with fiber which aids in weight loss, lowers cholesterol, makes your immune system strong, among other things. Enough with my small lecture as I am just trying to convince you how healthy avocado is. I will share with you today five easy ways in how to incorporate this healthy fruit in your diet.

1. Avocado Smoothie- This is my favourite and has been constant in my diet. I usually do it with one avocado, two bananas, a bit of soya milk, and some honey. This is the green juice that tastes really nice and the quickest way to incorporate avocado in your diet.

2. Grill it- Yes, you read that right. Cut the avocado into half and remove the pips(seed). Oil the avocado slightly with olive oil before grilling it. Whilst grilling, mix some cherry tomatoes, your favourite herbs, olive oil, and some pepper. When the avocado is charred and carmelised on removed it from the grill and add the cherry tomato mixture on the centre. Drizzle some lemon and enjoy your healthy snack or appetiser. Thank me later.

3. The infamous Guacamole- Mash your avocado, I want a bit of chunkiness into mine but the consistency depends entirely on you. Squeeze some lime, add garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. You can adjust the tastes according to your preferences. You can also add Jalapenos but I am not a big fan of spicy foods. I know I am so lame.

4. Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa- I am a big fan of salmon and try to have it atleast once a week. You can add avocado salsa on top of your grilled salmon. For the avocado salsa, you need avocado, red onion, lime, and salt. Mashed the avocado, chopped the red onion into small dice, and mix the two together. Add lime and salt for flavouring.

5. Avocado Salad- Another favourite of mine and also very easy to do. Chopped the avocado into small dice or whatever shape you prefer. Add some cherry tomatoes, some thyme, and fresh basil leaves. Also add some mozarella cheese. Whisk some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add pepper and slat. Toss to coat everything.



This are my top five quick and easy steps to incorporate avocado in my diet. Please let me know if you have any other ideas for avocados. Till' next time :)


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

18 comments:

  1. I love guacamole. If I can, I'll have it in each meal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't blame you. I would if I could as well. Xx

      Delete
  2. I only discovered avocado last year and I really love it, not sure about the smoothie though xx

    Leannewinters.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the smoothie. You should try it Leanne. Xx

      Delete
  3. I can attest that avocado is really good for the skin. Like you said, it is so rich in Vitamin E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really helps in clearing my skin. Xx

      Delete
  4. I think I eat about 3 avocados a week! My favourite way is on toast with sun dried tomato oil! Here's my recipe for it! http://thisislaurentheblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/avocado-on-toast-and-blueberry-smoothie.html
    I also love to just mash it and eat it with carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes, or in sandwiches with chicken.
    -Lauren
    thisislaurentheblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, thank you for these new ideas. I would try to do it. Xx

      Delete
  5. I love love love avo's! One of my favourite way's to have them is cut in half, remove the pip then cut along the half avo so that you can lots of little squares...I then add vinegar, salt and pepper to each half & eat it with a spoon. Yum! :) x

    Brenda BusyBee | Bella & Bear Professional 15 Piece Makeup Brush Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I should try it Brenda. That would really be quick and easy. Xx

      Delete
  6. I looove avocado!!! You can do o many things with it!! Thanks for sharing :)

    https://aspoonfulofnature.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love making Guacamole, so tasty and another favourite way to eat it is on toast with an egg on top for breakfast. Need to try it in a smoothie soon x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of the toast and egg on top. Thanks for the tip Alina. Xx

      Delete
  8. With the smoothie is the avocado quite prominent? I love doing smoothies/juices every morning but find it hard to eat avocado so this sounds like a great idea I haven't ever heard before xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you put two bananas and one avocado, the avocado taste will not be prominent. Xx

      Delete
  9. Guacamole is my favorite thing EVER! Something I love is a corn tortilla on a grill with shredded cheese, once it melts I add guacamole on top and bammmm, I'll have about 4 of those in a sit haha oops!

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delish Siham! I think I have to try that asap. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...