Thursday 19 March 2015

SMOKY POPPY

The-Body-Shop-Smoky-Poppy-Review

The Body Shop is a place in which I can rely when it comes to skincare and bath products. I always wait with a baited breath for their new releases and limited edition ranges. For this year's Valentines celebration, the brand released their Smoky Poppy Collection. I thought that the collection will be a limited edition one but whilst browsing their website, I think it is a permanent one. The Body Shop mostly opts for bright and fun packaging but the Smoky Poppy range has a dark and mysterious appeal to its packaging.

The Body Shop Smoky Poppy* has a variety of products in the range from body lotion, to bath bombs, to fragrances. The whole collection shares the same common ingredient which has poppy extracts hand-harvested from Turkey. The scent is musky but with a floral edge to it. The body lotion is in a pump-dispense bottle. Like other body lotion from the brand, the consistency is light and easily absorbed by the skin. It also doesn't leave a greasy feeling in which I dislike from some body lotion/moisturiser. The scent of the lotion lingers on the skin as well. The bath bomb also comes in dark cheery packaging. There are three bath bombs in one tube and each bath bomb are cut into halves which baffles me the first time I saw it. I then discovered that half of the bath bomb is enough to create a really nice bath. See, it is always good not to jump immediately into a conclusion. The bath bomb when run under the tap fizzes right away which always give me a satisfying feeling. The bath bombs also smells really fantastic and filled my bathroom with its lovely fragrance. This becomes one of my favourite bath bombs at the moment.

The-Body-Shop-Smoky-Poppy


Overall, the two products really exceeds my expectations. If you see the Body Shop Smoky Poppy Collection, give it a try as you will be surprise at how good it is. I also know that this post is a bit late but like I said earlier on, it seems that Smoky Poppy is a permanent range and rightly so as it is one awesome collection.



XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07




18 comments:

  1. I love this range. I have most of their products from the range as I am that obsess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like buying all the products from the ranges as well. Xx

      Delete
  2. I need to sniff this out in store next, I wonder if I will like it. I definitely like the packaging though x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might like it Alina. I was not expecting much when I saw it but I love it from the time I sniffed it. Xx

      Delete
  3. I have to give this a sniff this weekend. It seems like something that I would enjoy using.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rely on Body Shop for their skincare products. I haven't seen this instore yet but I am excited to try them

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like such a lovely collection, I need to smell it!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
  6. This range really exceeded my expectations too, its so lovely!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the range I really want, I want the poppy face brush actually most of all but I also want to try the body lotion! I want to give my grandma some as her present and then some to treat me hahah xxx

    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the way to buy gifts Jess. One for the gift, one for yourself. Xxa

      Delete
  8. This sounds like a really nice range - I already love the packaging so I am halfway sold! Will have to pop down to my local Body Shop to have a sniff :) x

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this range - it's gorgeous and smells amazing too! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...