Wednesday 25 December 2013

GUEST POST: Naked Palette 3

Happy Christmas everyone! Today, I have a very special post for you. It is written by one of the loveliest lady I have known. Her name is Frederica but she is more well-known as @delicatewhimsy_ in instagram. Her make-up collection is to die for and her photos are gorgeous. I considered my self very lucky that she agreed to guest write for my blog. So, without further ado, here is her post.




Hello lovelies! My name is Frederica and I'm a mom to three that lives on the West Coast of the US. The lovely Ella very generously offered me the opportunity of writing a guest post for which I am excited and very grateful.

I thought that I would do a quick little post with my thoughts on a newly released and very popular palette from Urban Decay..... the Naked 3.... Over the past couple of years, every November on a Thursday surrounding the US holiday Thanksgiving, Urban Decay has released a new eyeshadow palette in the Naked series. Knowing this, I checked very early on November 21st, and sure enough it was up for sale without any social media fanfare. There are few benefits for getting up at the ungodly hour of 4:00 am every day (I work for a hospital), so I consider this one instance a definite perk as the palette sold out within minutes of Urban Decay sending out their email that it had been released later that morning. It took 10 super long days to arrive, but it's finally here and I've fallen in love.





I have very strong cool undertones to my skin, and the original warm toned Naked palette wasn't a very good fit for me. No matter what I did, the shadows once blended together were not flattering with my coloring. I do very much love the Naked 2 as it is more cool undertoned like me. The Naked 3 is in my opinion a mix of cool and warm rose hued tones that will flatter a variety of skin tones. Being a natural redhead, I'm not overly fond of pink eyeshadows as they make me look like I have an eye infection, but this particular palette has many shades that I do really enjoy using. I haven't tended to reach for the left hand side of the palette much with the lighter pinkier shades, but I've been reaching for Factory, Mugshot and Darkside almost every single day since it arrived and these are probably my most favorite shades out of the palette so far. 



Per the UD website, here's a breakdown of the colors:




- Strange (pale neutral pink matte-satin)
- Dust (pale metallic pink shimmer w/iridescent micro-glitter)
- Burnout (light pinky-peach satin)
- Limit (light dusty rose matte)
- Buzz (metallic rose shimmer w/silver micro-glitter)

- Trick (light metallic pinky-copper shimmer w/tonal micro-sparkle)

- Nooner (medium pinky-brown matte) 

- Liar (medium metallic mauve shimmer) 

- Factory (pinky-brown satin)
- Mugshot (metallic taupe shimmer w/slight pink shift) 
- Darkside (deep taupe-mauve satin)
- Blackheart (smoky black matte w/rosy red micro-sparkle) 









Just a quick little peek at the new Naked 3 palette. It has finally been released in the UK and is available at Debenhams and House of Fraser (at draft time of this post, both stores had this available online). Be sure to head on down to your local counter and swatch these beautiful shades, they are definitely worth consideration.





Thank you for taking the time to read my little post, I hope that you enjoyed it. And thank you again to Ella for allowing me to be a guest on her lovely blog, I enjoyed it very much. Like what you see and want more? Be sure to follow me on Instagram @delicatewhimsy_.





Until next time,



Frederica

6 comments:

  1. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you lovely! I will definitely check your blog. Xx

      Delete
  2. Omg i really want that palette, i have the naked 1... I especially like the end colours
    www.lipsiie3.bligspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. i need this one in my life :) so far i only have naked 2 :)

    http://villemo20.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...