Friday 27 December 2013

JAPONESQUE: LiP LACQUER

If you have been following my blog for quiet a while, you may know by now that I am obsessed with lip lacquers. The lip lacquer that I recently got is from the brand Japonesque. Japonesque has been around for 25 years but has been creating make-up accessories, like make-up brushes, only. Recently, I think the brand has a new owner and started to expand on cosmetics. I just recently discovered about the brand to be honest. I discovered it whilst browsing the internet and just caught my attention. The Japonesque Pro Performance Lip Lacquer retails exclusively in John Lewis.

A review on the Japonesque lip lacquer colour s8

The colour that I opted for the lip lacquer is S8. The lip lacquers has 8 colours and named only with S1 to S8. I think as time goes by, they might change the colour names into something more opt to the colours of their range. The packaging is simple and sleek. It comes in 5ml and retails for £15 each. The difference of Japonesque lip lacquers from other lip lacquers is that it comes with a tapered brush instead of paddle applicators which usually comes with other lip lacquers. As it had a tapered brush, you can really paint your lips precisely. It just feels odd for me as the brush is so soft and I am clumsy, I am not confident to use it without a mirror.

tapered brush applicator

one application swatch


The Japonesque lip lacquer is highly pigmented (as you can see in the photo above). One application gives you the true colour. It feels weightless to my lips. It is shiny so if you are not a fan of shiny lip products, just avoid this one. As for me, I absolutely adore it as I like my lip colours shiny. It also feels hydrating to my lips. The S8 is the darkest colour of the lip lacquers. It is a dark, vampy red. On the tube, it looks like it has small glitters but none of those are noticeable on application. The S8 just gives a gorgeous, vinyl shine on your lips. It does stay long on your lips and since it is highly pigmented, you don't really need to much of it.


Overall, this is another good product worth trying. Till' next time :)



XoXo,
every LiTTLE thing07

28 comments:

  1. What a nice color! I really love this red shade!

    Victoria ♥
    http://victressvic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't tried any lip lacquer before, i only experienced lip tint, it looks like lip tint + lip gloss, is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think lip lacquer is more of a lip tint with a glossy finish.

      Delete
  3. Love the deep shade... perfect to add a pop of colour! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this colour might suit me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this colour flatters all skintone. xx

      Delete
  5. I love how pigmented this lip lacquer is! I need to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should beaut and it is really lovely. Xx

      Delete
  6. I like the colour! This is the first time that I hear about this brand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like such a striking colour which stays on! xx opinionslave.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love that colour! Great post :)

    If you ever have a few minutes could you maybe check out my blog please? Im quite new and could use any feedback/comments!!

    http://xprincessjas.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this colour, defo need to be getting one of these! lovely review sweetie

    Taylor xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this color. I need one of these! Great review. Followed you! xx Tara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this looks amazing love the colour and how pigmented it is!

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello lovely, I've just come across your blog and it's awesome! :)

    I'm your newest follower and look forward to your next post!

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this lip lacquer! I've never used a brush to apply them, but I will give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...