Saturday 7 June 2014

DETOX CITRUS WATER

detox-Citrus-Water

We all know that we need loads of water to be healthy. I, myself, can see a lot of difference in my skin whenever I drink loads of water. My skin just feels so supple and hydrated. It also helps pimples at bay. Aside from the benefits to the skin, drinking loads of water has also plenty of health benefits to the body. But like plenty of people in the planet, I am not so keen with drinking. To encourage myself, I looked and tried to discover ways to make my water more enticing to drink. I started doing fruits infused water and I really like it. Infusing water with fruits gives it more benefits to the health. Today, I'm going to share my favourite fruits infused water which is the Detox Citrus Water.


detox-Citrus-Water

I call it Citrus Water as most fruits that I add are citrus. I also added detox to its as I always incorporate lime in my water. Lime is well-known of getting rid the toxins in your body. The first thing I do is to put the mint leaves in the bottom of the jug or glass. I like loads of mint leaves for a minty, fresh taste. I then add the lemons and limes. I love citrus as it gives me loads of doses of Vitamin C. Vitamin C not only strengthen our immune system but it also helps in skin repair. Lemons also helps in burning fats in your body which is always great. Lime, aside from it's antioxidant properties, helps is rejuvenating the skin. I sometimes add honey to my citrus water to give it a sweet taste to it.

detox-Citrus-Water

This is a completely easy way of making your water more appetising and healthier. You don't have to follow every thing that I listed. You have the freedom to add or delete some of the ingredients. Pinterest has also loads of ideas on how to do fruits infused water. Till' next time :)


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

20 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious & I love all of your photos! Might make it today :) x
    Živa from Nothin' Fancy. Really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ziva! Let me know how you get one if you'll make this today. Xx

      Delete
  2. I definitely need to drink more especially now that summertime is coming and this sounds such an interesting way to push myself to drink more water! Will definitely try!

    x Giada | Miel Café

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain. I am also bad when it comes to drinking water that is why I started doind fruit-infused water to push my self to drink. Xx

      Delete
  3. I need to drink more water, this is a fab idea to make it a bit more pleasant! :)
    www.nicolabishopx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It helps you to drink more water plus it has extra health benefits. Xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like something I would enjoy drinking! Do you drink one bottle everyday, or you do this every two days or once a week?

    xx
    Ana Leote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do this atleast twice a week Ana and often cheats with adding honey on it. Xx

      Delete
    2. Okay, starting tomorrow I'm doing re-creating this recipe and give it a try :)

      xx

      Delete
    3. Let me know how you get on! Xx

      Delete
  5. I've tagged you in my latest post to do the TMI tag :)

    Ashleigh xx

    http://indulgenceofahousewife.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/tmi-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so refreshing. Cucber and strawberries are also good as alternatives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love strawberries infused water as well! Xx

      Delete
  7. One of my flatmates used to do somethine like this, she called it "debloating" water. I've always meant to do it but then when I have the ingredients I forget!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should try it hun. It is really good. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's interesting! I'm drinking detox juices at the moment, but I should give this a go too xx

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend that you gave this a go hun. Xx

      Delete
  10. I used to do this a lot last summer, maybe I'll try it again! Just discovered your blog, I'm loving it <3 X

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...