Sunday 29 June 2014

TRAVEL DiARiES: iNVERARAY CASTLE

Inveraray-Castle-Review

Growing up with fairytales as my bedtime reading makes me love castles like every one else. Historic castles, most especially, fascinate me with its stories and histories as well as their architectures. Inveraray castle will always be one of my favourite castles. Its location which is in top of a mountain with an idyllic village in a distance makes it more dreamy. Another thing that makes it special I guess is that it is still use by the Duke of Argyll and his family eventhough it's only a few months each year.
Inveraray-Castle


Like every castle, the Inveraray has an extensive and beautiful garden. I can definitely sit in the garden and read books all day. During my visit, the weather was glorious which enables me to enjoy the my visit to the fullest. The view from the castle is majestic as it is on a highland. Lush mountains and lovely river is always a beautiful sight. It is a shame that photographs inside the castle is not allowed as the inside is equally beautiful as the outside. There are vast walls with old weapories displayed and ironically, it makes a good decor. What I also like with the Inveraray Castle is its size. It is not too big yet it is still a sight to behold.

Till' next time :)


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

8 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I love castles, and old grand buildings, too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is really lovely Amber. Definitely worth a visit. Xx

      Delete
  2. I also love castles and fairytales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It really is dreamy especially it is in the highlands. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...