Monday 7 July 2014

MAC PLAYLAND COLLECTiON

Mac-Playland-Collection-Review

I know I am a bit late at this but among the recent collections from Mac, it's the Playland Collection that really caught my heart. Nowadays, Mac are releasing their collections like there's no tomorrow. I miss the time when their collection is highly awaited and it seems so special. Anyhow, enough of my lamenting and let's get back to business. The Mac Playland Collection as its name suggested takes inspiration from the vibrant and funtastical colour of what to be conceived as a wonderland playground. The collection boasts from beautiful and bold colours. It has bright pinks, corals and lovely purples.


Mac-Playland-Collection-Swatches
Top: For Your Amusement; Bottom: Happy Go Lucky
I've got two items from the Mac Playland Collection and I've got my eyes on both before the collection has been released. The first one is the Happy Go Lucky lipstick. It has been said that Happy Go Lucky is the creamy version of Candy YumYum. That makes me so excited. I love Candy YumYum to death but sometimes during the colder months, it can be drying to my always dry lips. Happy Go Lucky is blue-toned hot pink shade. It has amplified finish unlike Candy YumYum which has a matte finish. On application, it is so creamy and very pigmented. It has a beautiful glossy finish making it a shade lighter than the actual colour on the application. It really draws attention and very gorgeous. So if you are like me who loves Candy YumYum but you find it drying, Happy Go Lucky is the one for you.

Mac-Playland-Collection

The second one is the Casual Colour in the shade For Your Amusement. The Playland Collection released Casual Colour which is a lip-and-cheek product. I love two in one products and I am really excited for this latest offering from Mac. The shade For Your Amusement is described as a bright pastel pink. It has yellow undertones. I find that it works best as a cream blush than a lip color to be quiet honest so I will only be reviewing it as a cream blush. I am still not disappointed as its size is actually bigger than most cream blushes thus making its price quiet reasonable. When applied on the cheeks, it gives a nice but subtle pink tint. Its wear time is quite impressive as a cream blush as it stayed for more than six hours. It is easy to apply and easy to blend.


Overall, I am highly impressed with both products. The Playland Collection is one of those Mac Collections that left a good impression to me. Till' next time :)



XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

22 comments:

  1. I like the candy-theme colours. They remind me of a really lovely kids birthday. I just wish would go back to cruelty-free *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It does remind me of carousels and balloons. Xx

      Delete
  2. Your photos though! Happy Go Lucky reminds me of sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that lipstick is to die for!!

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg that happy go lucky shade is beautiful! It reminds me so much of barbie. Need it in my life!

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so spot on. Happy Go Lucky is so barbie. Xx

      Delete
  5. Oh Wow, Happy go lucky is such a beautiful shade. Wish more than anything I could pull off pinks

    http://skindeepchatter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my bold lipsticks. I think it suits my skintone. Xx

      Delete
  6. LOVE this post! Happy go lucky looks gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I've worn it today and it is the most beautiful pink lipstick there is. Xx

      Delete
  7. Ohh Wow! I never thought Happy Go Lucky is that gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to try both, although I think the top one would suit my fair skin more. They're just beautiful.

    Stunningly Inept

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the For Your Amusement shade will suit best for people with fair or pale complexion. Xx

      Delete
  9. I have been using Happy Go Lucky non-stop. It's a showstopper lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I wish I could wear it every day but I think my colleagues will have a shock if I'll be wearing it at work. Xx

      Delete
  10. I am jealous, these are both so beautiful! It's a shame that the Casual Colour isn't great on lips, but the colour is so lovely it makes up for it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour is beautiful and it is a great cream blusher but as a lip wear, it's a bit of a disappointment. Xx

      Delete
  11. They're definitely crazy with all these collections but I have to agree that this lipstick is just too perfect to ignore! I've never tried anything like that on me but it's hard to resist temptation haha :) X

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't resist the temptation beaut! Go and get one. I'm sure you can make another gorgeous look from this lipstick. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...