Sunday 27 July 2014

HOLiDAY ON A BUDGET


My goal since I was young is to travel to different places. My parents always try to take me and my brother to atleast one different place every summer holidays. As I got older, I aim to travel to different country atleast once yearly as well. So far I am doing well in that area. Of course it also helps that the boyfriend is also a travel enthusiast like me. Taking a holiday however doesn't need to be expensive. There are ways to find a good price on a holiday without compromising the experience. I am quite proud to say that I have the knack to find the best deal there is available. So here are the tips that I gathered all the way from planning couple holidays to family getaways.


Plan ahead of time. At the end of each holiday, I basically know where I want to go next. That maybe one year down the line and it seems to far but it is a good time to start planning. I start researching about activities and tours that I want to do. Basically as well, the earlier you book, the cheaper it usually is. I often find that 3-4 months before you travel is the best time to get the best deal there is.

Use the power of the internet. For my holidays, I always book it my self through the internet. I have all the patience in the world to scour the world wide web for the best deals. A word of caution, make sure that you book from a reliable site. If a website is new to you, research a review on that website and you can basically know if it is reliable one or not. The internet is also a good source of comparison websites to holiday vouchers.

A cheap airline doesn't always mean it has the cheapest fare. Yup, that is always true in my experience. For my incoming holiday, I booked our ticket through British Airway £100 cheaper from Easyjet. Quite unbelievable to some but it really happened. I was surprise my self but there you go. Be also wary of add-ons as not all prices in websites will stay the same. The prices might not include taxes and baggage allowance.



Book experiences ahead of time. I am an impatient person when it comes to queue. Buying tickets for tours or experiences like climbing the Eiffel Tower can be booked ahead of time. This can be done quiet easily online. By doing this, you can beat the queue and enjoy the experience instead. Also asked friends who had been to the place you want to visit, they can give a better insight.

Mind the transport. If you are going for a city break or a famous place, make sure that your hotel is easily accessable by public transport. This is actually very helpful as public transports are much cheaper than taxis. I always make sure that my hotel where I am staying is often close to a train station or a bus stop. If you are confident enough, hired car works cheaper as well.

Don't sacrifice comfort and safety. No matter how cheap or expensive it is, make sure that the place you are staying has a safe environment. You can always read reviews through Tripadvisor. It is a very good sight to visit before travelling. It has almost all details with regards to travelling. You can basically acess all information from Tripadvisor.

So those are some tips that I can share for you. If you also have some tips on how to score a good deal for holidays, please share it through your comments. Till' next time :)


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

4 comments:

  1. Tripadvisor is a very effective website for travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It's a great website packed with informations. Xx

      Delete
  2. Great tips you've got in here. I also booked my holiday by myself and its a lot cheaper than going to a travel agent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is often cheaper to book it your self really. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...