Monday 21 July 2014

BOURJOiS ROUGE EDiTiON VELVET

Bourjois-Rouge-Edition-Velvet-Review

As usual, I am quite late in joining in the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet bandwagon. As you know, I am not the biggest fan of anything matte but lately I am starting to be a convert. I all blame it to my discovery of Clinique's Soft Matte Lipsticks. I know that this has been hyped up so much in the blogosphere but I want to give an ode to it in my blog. These liquid lipsticks are good additions to my growing matte lip products.

The Bourjois released eight shades for their Rouge Edition Velvet range. After scouring the internet and Boots, I settled for 04 Peach Club, 05 Ole Flamingo, and 06 Pink Pong. I actually want to hit my head why I haven't purchase this sooner. These liquid lipsticks are fantastic! On application, it just glides on the lips. It doesn't settle in the lines of the lips. It just gives a smooth and matte finish. Actually, it is more of a velvetty matte finish. Despite that it has a matte finish, it is strangely light on the lips. It very comfortable when worn and not drying at all. You can layer it up without encountering any flaking though one to two coats are always enough for me. The wear time is pretty impressive. More than 8 hours of wearing it and it is still going strong. It also doesn't smudge so it is perfect for those date nights. Just amazing!

Bourjois-Rouge-Edition-Velvet

Out of the three shades that I bought, Ole Flamingo and Pink Pong are my personal favourite. Ole Flamingo is a deep-pink almost like raspberry shade. Pink Pong leans more on a fuschia side. Both are just stunning when worn. Both shades look really bold but being matte, it makes it more wearable. The Peach Club is not as pretty when worn. It tends to make me look ill and wash-out though it might suit to other skintones. The Rouge Edition Velvet is another winner product from Bourjois. It is one of the best, if not the best, liquid and matte lipstick there is at the moment. Till' next time :)


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

22 comments:

  1. Peach Club screams "perfection"! I now wonder why I haven't picked these up myself already! They look great.
    Elina | Cupcake Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful but somehow it doesn't suit my skintone. That makes me really sad. Xx

      Delete
  2. I neeeeeed Peach Club in my life.. it looks so gorgeous! xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will suit you Gemma as you have a fairer complexion compared to me. Xx

      Delete
  3. They look so nice and gorgeous. I should pick up some for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should hun! The lipsticks are absolutely gorgeous. Xx

      Delete
  4. the colors look amazing, thank you for the swatches.
    x http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the swatches hun, I've been eyeing them for a long time <3


    http://ranosalman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that my swatches helped you beaut! Xx

      Delete
  6. I love these, can't wait to get my hands on the new shades coming out xx

    kizzyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, there are new shades coming out? I am excited beyond belief! Xx

      Delete
  7. They look so vibrant and yummy lol! Pink Pong looks perfect <3

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo these look lovely! Wil hae to try these!

    www.thefrancescadiaries.com x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to try these, they look awesome! :) xx

    gyudynotesofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are gorgeous! You will really love them hun. Xx

      Delete
  10. These photos are gorgeous Ella! Ole Flamingo and Peach Club have gone straight onto my wishlist! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ole Flamingo is a beaut Amber. It is a must-have! Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...