Friday 23 January 2015

MARSALA BEAUTY EDiT

Marsala-Beauty-Roundup

After Pantone announced that Marsala will be the colour of the year for 2015, I was really excited. 2014's Radiant Orchid hasn't excite me to be quiet honest. Marsala is describe as earthy wine red. I love its rich tone and I think it flatters all skintone. I rounded up some marsala-coloured beauty products in my stash.

Bobbi Brown Bordeaux Nail Polish- This has a little edge from the rest of the available Bordeoux shade nail polishes as it has a metallic finish to it.

Mac Cranberry Eyeshadow- It is a muted red-plummy shade with a frost finish. It is raved by many beauty aficionado as it has a gorgeous reddy-coppery shade to it.

Zoeva Opulence Graphic Eye Pencil- It is a warm mid-tone red. I love this eye pencil as it is so soft and buttery and no tugging on the eyelids.

Marsala-Beauty


Topshop Inhibition Matte Lipstick- Is a dark red-plummy shade to it. This lipstick can be drying to the matte formula but is gorgeous when worn on the lips.

Lancome Air de Violine Lip Lover- It is a plummy colour with redding undertone making it more earthy red when worn.

Nars Audicious Charlotte Lipstick-  Described by Nars as oxblood red and for me it is a muted deep red. I think this is a perfect Marsala shade.

Nars Mandore Satin Lip Pencil- Is a dark red shade with lots of brown undertones.

Tom Ford Didier Lipsticks- It a a berry-red shade with subtle fuchsia shimmers running through it. This parts of the infamous Lips and Boys Collection from Tom Ford.


Marsala-Beauty-Edit

So these are the beauty products that is similar to Marsala. What are your thoughts for Pantone's colour of the year?



XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07



20 comments:

  1. WOW - no shopping for you - you have everything you need to totally nail this trend. Gorgeous selection of colours, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! This saves me a lot of money but there is always room for more. Xx

      Delete
  2. Love this post and all your picks are gorgeous! I'm thinking of Marsala makeup look :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the marsala make-up look that I've seen are all gorgeous. Xx

      Delete
  3. I have been loving Marsala beauty picks in Pinterest. You have some great choices in your picks here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Tom Form lipstick is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really liking the colour of the year. It's a great lipstick and nail varnish shade x
    Laura | A Life With Frills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Marsala is gorgeous and perfect for 2015. Xx

      Delete
  6. Love that the shade for this year was picked as Marsala, it's such a stunning shade and you could create a whole look using various tones of it and still not look OTT. Love the shades you picked out here, gorgeous x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. I couldn't think of a better shade for 2015. I can't wait for you to do a Marsala make-up look. You and Siham are the best in creating gorgeous looks. Xx

      Delete
  7. Mac cranberry is gorgeous and I love the look of topshop lipsticks and can't believe that I haven't nabbed one yet! I really love the colour choice of the year, I am defo embracing it xx



    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Marsala is gorgeous both for beauty and fashion perspective. Xx

      Delete
  8. Radiant Orchid didn't sound anything special to me either, I'm so glad they picked Marsala this year. And now that you mention Cranberry eyeshadow, I think I should start wearing it again before spring arrives, I remember being obsessed with it last year around summer. Love the rest of your Marsala picks :) x

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Siham! I really love the Marsala make-up look that you have created in your blog. Xx

      Delete
  9. I wondered why I was hearing so much about this colour everywhere! I really like the shades you picked :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine || Palette Giveaway: Urban Decay, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury, Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a stunning shade and I already have a few pieces in my collection which is great!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I can't wait for you to share your Marsala beauty picks. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...