Friday 9 January 2015

MY DiPTYQUE LOVE-AFFAiR

Best-Diptyque-Candle

My love for Diptyque candles just started a year ago. I really didn't want to cave-in to the hype as the price is somehow bordering to ridiculous to my standard. But there is also something in their candles that makes you want to have it. The minimal packaging looks chic and a perfect example of less is more. Then you try one candle, find out that its scent still lingers for quiet a long time and you become obsessed with them. You finally get the jest as to why it is such a cult product. I will give you the rundown to some of my favourite Diptyque candles.

Freesia- This is my first Diptyque candle and the one which started all my obsession. Freesia is a sweet-florally scent and yet remains to smell fresh. It is not overpowering to the senses yet its scent is very distinctive. The scent lingers for a quiet a long time after you burn the candle.

Baies- Baies is somehow a unique scent scent for me. It is the perfect balance of a fruity scent and florally one. Diptyque manage to make the two scents compliments each other and creates one gorgeous scent. It is combination of the scent of a bouquet of roses sweetened with blackcurrant leaves. Sounds weird but the scent is really stunning.

Diptyque-Candle

Vetyver- It has base notes of Vetyver, Cedarwood, and Juniper. I love this candle as it is musky and more on a woody side with a delicate edge. If you are sick of florally scent or the man in your life is moaning about our favourite floral candles, Vetyver is what you needed. It's scent is wam and comforting to the senses.

Patchouli- Patchouli is another candle that is musky, sultry, and earthy. I am bad at describing scents but I really found a very hard time describing this one. Despite that it's scent is difficult to describe, it is one of those scent that you will surely love. It has a perfect scent of being musky yet with floral notes thrown in for good measures.

So these are my current Diptyque candle obsession. I am hoping not to cave in to another Diptyque candle very soon but I am seriously lusting over Figuire. What are your thoughts on Diptyque candles?

XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07



14 comments:

  1. These candles are lovely but so expensive though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The price is really something but it is a dream to use. Xx

      Delete
  2. Vetyver is my all time favourite Diptyque candle. It is unique and doesn't offend the senses of the male populace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Vetyver, I love them all somehow. Xx

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried any Diptyque candles but these all sound heavenly smelling! Just working my way through some Yankee candles at the moment but might have to treat myself once they are done :) x


    Brenda BusyBee | Makeup Revolution & Benefit Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always been intrigued what the hype around them was and never tried them myself, but really think they have an endearing, classy look xxx


    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They smell like a dream Jess although the price is a bit steep. It took me so long to join the bandwagon because of the price. Xx

      Delete
  5. These look so fab! I have smelt quite a few and they do smell so good, but I can't justify the price just yet! How good are the scents at filling a room? x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scent is really good. It stays very long after you stop burning the candle. The stronger the scent, the longer it stays. Xx

      Delete
  6. Stumbled across your blog through Beauty With Charm :) and it's so funny as I've just been deliberating over investing in a Diptyque candle and you have quite the collection! I'm thinking Feu De Bois as I love the Muji dupe. Vetyver sounds lovely too! Definitely want to find somewhere I can smell them in person before splurging xx

    Magpie Jasmine || Palette Giveaway: Urban Decay, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury, Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Figuier and Feu de Bois has also been on my lust list. I'm glad you stumbled across my blog and I hope you come back. Xx

      Delete
  7. i really like the smell of their candles but can't get over the price. they also have a super huge one thats is almost like a pot for a houseplant. its like $300. so luxurious.

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that big one. I don't think I would be splurging that amount for a candle though tbh. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...