Monday 5 January 2015

THE ONE DUPE

Make-Up-Revolution-Radiant-Light-Review

Raise your hand when last year, and probably until now, you are one of the many who went crazy for the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. I know I do and the fact that I own some of the powders from the brand is a statement enough. My favourite amongst the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder is the Dim Light and it has been on constant use. We cannot deny the fact however that despite it gives a brilliant finish, the Hourglass' price is on a steep side. Imagine my joy when the Make-Up Revolution Radiant Light Powder arrived in my post. Now we all know that Make-Up Revolution is known for making make-ups that great alternatives for cult high-end products which heightened my curiosity to try the powders right away.

The Make-Up Revolution Radiant Light Powder* comes in three types which are Exhale, Breathe, and Glow. The three powders come in a compact, shiny, black packaging. The packaging looks sleek with the usual gold label of the brand. Like most Make-Up Revolution products, it has a good-size mirror. The powder has a swirl pattern into it which adds a nice touch to the usual plain powders available in the market. Exhale is a good alternative to Hourglass Ambient Lighting in Incandescent Light. Exhale is a pale beige with shimmers into it. It is brilliant for illuminating/highlighting purposes. I would personally shy away from using it as a setting powder as the shimmers are quiet noticeable and you might end up looking a bit disco ball-esque. Breathe is comparable to Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light. Breathe is peach-y beige powder with very miniscule shimmers. Don't worry about the shimmers as it almost disappears when you apply it to the skin and just gives the right amount of glow. Like Dim Light, Breathe is great as an overall setting powder. It gives a beautiful finish to the skin and blurs imperfections. Glow is the equivalent of Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light. It is golden beige powder and like Glow, I would dissuade you in using this as a setting powder. Glow is brilliant, however, for warming your skin like a bronzer. It warms the skin subtly yet effectively.

Make-Up-Revolution-Radiant-Light

The greatest part of the Make-Up Revolution Radiant Light is that it only retails for £5 each which is just a fraction of the price for the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. Till' next time :)


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07



22 comments:

  1. I've wanted the Hourglass powders for a long time but the price is really too much to pay for a makeup so when I heard about the dupes from Makeup Revolution I got very excited. I'm waiting now for my order to arrive and can't wait to try them, especially the Breath one as it seems like the perfect glow-getter :) x
    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breathe is perfection. It is my everyday powder at the moment. Xx

      Delete
  2. Definitely will have to pick this up. I absolutely love illuminating/glow powders and that's a bargain! xxx


    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really a good bargain for a fiver. Xx

      Delete
  3. I like that these are similar to the Hourglass versions as they have been on my wishlist forever and honestly I dunno if I will ever get my hands on them as they are so pricey. Will definitely have to order shade Breath asap as it sounds like something I would love x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will really love Breath. These powders are just amazing for its price. Xx

      Delete
  4. Breathe has shot straight to the top of my wishlist! Excellent review, and I loved the photo too (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a big fan of dupes but these powders are amazing based on your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so pretty. Dying to try them :)

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it Sian. For a fiver, you can never go wrong. Xx

      Delete
  7. Ohh Makeup Rev just never disappoint!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have wanted the ambient lighting powder for so long but the price is a bit much :( I may just have to get these instead as they sound amazing (: xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a good alternstive to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. Xx

      Delete
  9. I have never tried make up revolution, but I keep seeing them being featured on various blogs. This looks gorgeous, I'm definitely a highlighter kind of girl x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...