Thursday 11 June 2015

THE TRAVEL SIZES FOR A CiTY GETAWAY

Holiday-Skincare-Edit

I love travel sizes or deluxe samples. I think there is a certain element of beauty in minitures that appeals to my inner self. It is handy and doesn’t take a lot of space. I hoard samples and travel sizes all year round and I have a drawer dedicated for it. Don’t worry, I chuck them out every 12 months and replaced with new batch. It is always good to keep some as you never knew when an odd getaway will come. I will be sharing with you the travel sizes and samples that I took with me in my latest city getaway.

Starting from haircare, I didn’t bring any shampoo with me as I am not really fussy with it. The hotels where we stayed are the same chain of hotels that we stayed before so I know the quality of their shampoos. On the other hand, I am quiet fussy with my conditioner. I bought a travel size of the Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Conditioner. I choose this one as I am an avid fan of daily hair washing and I know it is bad but I can’t stop myself. I also know that it will be too hot so my hair will be damage somehow. Anyway, this smells very lovely and leaves my hair smooth and light. My hair really feels nourished. Safe to say, I did buy the full size now. Then I brought the Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil Primer. I actually bought it in the set but I am not prettily amazed by the shampoo and conditioner so I left it behind. The primer though is really good in protecting your hair though there are plenty of cheaper alternatives that works the same thing. I am not very sold with this one to be honest. I also have a miniature Listerine Mouth Wash and Soap and Glory Body Butter as basic necessities.


Unto skincare, for cleansing, I have the Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash in the travel size. I am a big fan of this one so I always keep a miniature of it all the time. It cleans the skin very well whilst still being gentle. For stubborn mascara, I have the Lancome Gentle Softening Cleansing Fluid for Face and Eyes. It breaks down even the most stubborn mascara and I really love it. It is also very gentle as I find some cleanser irritates my eyes. I also have the Sanctuary Spa Radiance Exfoliator just incase my skin lacks radiance and I need to exfoliate.

Holiday-Skincare

I have loads of Lancome sample sizes that I hoarded so most of  my skincare is from the brand. For the toner, I have the Lancome Tonique Confort. It is a hydrating and comforting toner for dry skin. I have a full size of this and already repurchased a second bottle. For the serum, I decanted some Body Shop Vitamin E Serum as I find that it is good in calming my skin. My skin usually gets erratic when I am travelling. For the eyes, I have the Estee Lauder Advance Night Eye Repair. And for the moisturiser, it's the Lancome Hydra Zen Neurocalm Soothing Anti-Stress Moisturising Cream. I really love this as it is so calming to the skin. It also smells so light and refreshing. I then finish it with my Clarins SPF 50 Day Screen Multi-Protection.

For packing these travel sizes, I use the Sephora Collection The Weekender Bag. It is big and compact enough to carry all the essentials. It also has a brush holder in it. So these are my travel sizes. Do you love miniature or sample sizes as well?



Kind Regards,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07




8 comments:

  1. You packed all the essentials. I always overpack on everything. From clothes to skincare and can't seem to downsize anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not alone Hailey. I am also a chronic overpacker but I somehow manage to stay on a limit at this time. Xx

      Delete
  2. I love miniature accessories too! The body shop seaweed cleanser is on my payday wish list :)

    http://leannewinters.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cleanser is really good Leanne. It cleanse the skin very well without stripping my skin of moisture. Xx

      Delete
  3. I will definitely be checking out the Body Shop's minis :) I think all the samples I've collected from beauty boxes and stuff will be handy travelling over summer xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Body Shop has some really good minis Jas although I bought mine in the airport. Xx

      Delete
  4. I love buying travel size products, they are just so cute and I am just crazy haha. I'll be going home for a visit soon so I can't wait to buy some mini versions x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you'll have a lovely time Alina! Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...