Tuesday 23 June 2015

THE RED LiPS THAT DOESN'T BUDGE

Low-Maintenance-Red-Lips


Red lips is probably one of my most favourite look. Despite it is my favourite one, I have been searching for years to master a low maintenance red lips. That is such a task as red lips is most often very high maintenance. Most gorgeous red shades in the market are also in matte formula. As I have very dry lips all year round, most red lipsticks made my lips drier than Sahara desert. Until very recently, I discovered a red lip duo that is quiet on the affordable side, doesn't easily smudge, lasts for ages, and very comfortable on the lips.

The first one that I discovered is Mac Cherry Lip Pencil. I love Mac lip pencils as they are quiet gentle on my lips. Cherry is very pigmented and I think you can even get away with just wearing it. It is also not drying on the lips. A very good discovery however is the Loreal Paris Color Riche Exclusive Reds in Eva. I choose Eva from the range as I think I have the nearest skintone to her. It is a slightly darker red. Bold yet muted. It has a matte finish but is not drying. I line my entire lips with the Mac Cherry Lip Pencil. I find that this will give me a better base. I then apply the Loreal Eva lipstick, blot it, and repeat the process two times more. By doing these steps, you will have a classic red lips without fearing of smudging it everywhere. It stays on for hours, like more than 5 hours, and that is including having a three course meal. Fear not , as like what I said, it only transfer so little. It still left me with a nice red lips. If you leave it without retouching, it will leave a nice stain on your lips.

Red-Lips


So this is my little trick for a foolproof red lips. What do you think of red lips?


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07





18 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of red lips on myself, just not confident enough to wear the shade but I love it on you, it looks amazing. I really need to invest in a few staple MAC lip pencils x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mac lip pencils are generally good Alina and their colour range is brilliant. Xx

      Delete
  2. MAC Cherry lip liner is a must! I’m out this weekend with some of the girls and think I will wear a red lip for a change and cherry lip liner definitely makes the cut.

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It is brilliant even on its own. Xx

      Delete
  3. I love a cool toned red lip, this colour is so pretty.

    Hayley @ Tea Party Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to pick up that lip liner by Mac, it's exactly what I've been looking for x

    Blushhx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should hun. The Cherry lip pencil is a staple. Xx

      Delete
  5. Love the look of this duo, everyone loves a good red!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD // Enter my £180+ Summer Giveaway here

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have both of these too and they are gorgeous. The lipstick is as good as any high end brand in terms of pigmentation, colour and finish xx

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Loreal one is really good, isn't it? Xx

      Delete
  7. Red lipstick looks so classic! I've always wanted to try the MAC lip pencils x
    www.lilacfumes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mac lip pencils may not be the best lip pencil in the market but their colour range is brilliant. Xx

      Delete
  8. I have one of the pinks from this range and just love it. Plus MAC liners are always winner for me!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is also in my books. It is not too expensive and loads of colours to choose from. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...