Monday 17 March 2014

CLARiNS OPALESCENCE SPRiNG COLLECTION

Clarins-Opalescence-Collection-Review

When the Clarins Opalescence Spring Collection was released, I just told myself that I must have it. Opalescence just basically means brightness and I am just a sucker for shiny, glow-y cosmetics. As I was reading their press release before the collection launches, I am already lusting for almost all of the products. The two things that really stood out for me are the Radiance Boosting Complexion Base and their Multi-Blush Cream Blush.


Clarins-Radiance-Boosting-Complexion-Base-Review

The Radiance Boosting Complexion Base* comes in three shades and I got the shade Champagne to suit my skin tone. I consider it really as a primer and use it as such. I applied it after my moisturiser and pre-foundation. Clarins claim that it eliminates imperfection and helps you achieve a flawless finish. You might think that it’s some sort of BB or CC cream but I don’t think it is. On application, it gives a very smooth finish. It is not tinted but I think there is something in it that evens out any redness in your skin in which I suffer with. It doesn’t look too glow-y when I applied it so I became hesitant but when I put my foundation after it, my skin just transforms into a luminous, radiance one. Like I was just so amazed by how it makes my skin glow-y and radiant from the inside. It sort of gives a healthy glow and I was just blown away. Another genius thing about the Radiance Boosting Complexion Base is its packaging. Don’t be fooled by its tube packaging. It is packaged in a tube but when you lift the cover up, you will have a pump which is very unusual with packaging like this. Personally, and I think most of you, I prefer any types of liquid cosmetics with a pump. It gives you more control of what you need. I find that two pumps of this are enough to give me my glow-y look. I use it alone as well during my good skin days and it just gives an extra radiance to my face.


Clarins-Multi-Blush-Peach-Review

The Multi-Blush Cream Blush* comes in four shades and I got the shade Peach which is my colour of preference for my blushes. I am growing a good-liking for cream blushers nowadays. This is called a Multi-Blush Cream Blush as it can be used as a blusher and lip paint. Two-in-one is always a bargain. When applied as a blusher, it just gives a nice glow to your cheeks. It blends beautifully to your skin. I apply this with the Real Technique Stiffling Blush or just my fingers. It gives a lovely, subtle peach glow to your cheeks. When applied to the lips, it is also gorgeous. It just have the right amount of peachy colour and too obvious. It feels very lightweight as well either as a blush or as lip paint. It has jojoba and sunflower as its ingredients making it so nourishing and creamy.


Clarins-Opalescence-Review

Overall, really love both products and well-done to Clarins for having such a good and beautiful Opalescence Spring Collection. Till’ next time :)

XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

17 comments:

  1. Both looks very beautiful and such a thorough review

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blusher looks stunning, have to have it :o) Xx


    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really gorgeous and the shade is really wearable! Xx

      Delete
  3. These both look lovely, and the primer sounds so good!! Will definitely take a look at these next time I'm shopping :)
    Would love it if you could take a look at my blog sometime - joannasprinkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by Joanna and I will definitely visit your blog. Xx

      Delete
  4. this sounds great, i love brightening products as well. really like the sound of the radiance boosting base xx
    mollyox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Molly! The Radiance Boosting Base is a really wonderful product. Xx

      Delete
  5. This is a great post lovely. Yes the shade 02 champagne is to help with redness on the skin. Shade 01 I'd for highlighting and 03 is for highlighting brown/dark skin. Such a great review, I have the blusher in Rosewood, it looks really dark and pink but is so much lighter and summery. As usual great post lovely :)

    Pinar xo

    Beautybakingbella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely and another thank you for the info about the two other shades. I am also eyeing the Rosewood blusher as it loooks very pretty as well. Xx

      Delete
  6. Wow that blusher! Great post :)

    Sian | Sian Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so lovely. I really like the packaging, and I'm on the lookout for a good primer at the minute. Do you think it makes your make-up last any longer? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does help to make your make-up last longer. I've used it over the weekend and my make-up stayed in place for more than 7 hours despite shopping at Bluewater. Hope this helps and you will really love the Radiance Boosting Base. Xx

      Delete
  8. Great review! I love the look of this collection from Clarins, it's so pretty! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't used Clarins makeup before, but the blush looks gorgeous and perfect for spring! Btw. you pictures are stunning, like absolutely amazing :)
    Tanja Mortensen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanja and you should try Clarins. Their make-ups and skincare are amazing. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...