Sunday 2 March 2014

PHOTOGRAPHY 101

A small disclaimer before I start, I am no way claiming that I am good in taking photos. I just got so many requests to do this post and maybe I can help by giving a few tips from what I learned. Since I started blogging, I do notice that somehow my photography skills are slowly improving. I want to cringe everytime I see the first few photos in my blog. As time goes by, I learned a few things and I started receiving some compliments on my photos. So today, I'll share some tips that helps me in taking decent photos and I hope it will help you as well.

How-to-take-good-photos
1. Choose an area with a good lighting- If you notice in my photos, almost all of them have the same background. It is because, that is the only area in my place where I can get a good lighting. Choose a place where it is facing the source of your light. Living in the UK and having no artificial lighting for photography, if there is a good sunshine, I take loads of photos.

2. Know your camera- It doesn't matter if you got a DSLR, a digicam or camera from your phone. I use all mentioned and you can't really tell the difference. You have to know your equipment so that you can get the best out of it. I even bought a book to know how to manipulate my dslr. The more you know your equipment, the better the photos you can get. Don't be afraid to fiddle with it.

3. You don't need to be a Photoshop expert- You don't even need to photoshop your photos. All I do if I edit my photos is to crop them. I don't even have a Photoshop application, I just use a simple editing tool. I only rarely edit or adjust my photos as well.

4. Take loads of photos- For a single photo that I post, I might have taken more than 10 photos to choose from. I take photos from different angles and experiment it's placement. Having loads to choose from gives you a good opportunity to choose and it saves you from taking photos again if you don't like what you have. Taking plenty of photos also saves you from editing it.

5. Practice- Well they always say that practice makes perfect. I always practice taking photos everytime I have the opportunity. I take snapshots of everything that fancies me just to practice.

I hope my simple tips will help you to get good, decent photos. Till' next time :)


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

15 comments:

  1. I like this post :) I do the same as you, I take about loads of photos of one thing so i can choose the best one! i'm glad it's not just me haha.

    Kirsty x

    misskirstyworsty,blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking a lot of photos saves so many hassles. Xx

      Delete
  2. Such simple but great tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did fiddle with mine just a few days ago and i got amazing results!! definitely great advice here thank you.

    Sara
    www.itsmylittlethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, I love photography chats! I am always playing about with my DSLR settings to get the very best out of it.

    alice xxx
    beauty by alicee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fiddling with my camera as well. Its possibilities are endless. Xx

      Delete
  5. Aww I remember when you so kindly sent me a message on twitter with some blog-photography advice! These photo tips are great! Practice definitely does help :)!

    Cachoo Joo // CACHOO JOO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the hints and tips, will definitely come in handy for the blog! xx

    I have a couple new posts up and a giveaway to win D&G Sunglasses, if you would like to catch up on my latest posts :)

    www.lurchhoundloves.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4995777/LurchHoundLoves-Fashion-Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by Charlotte! Xx

      Delete
  7. I love this post, I really need to get the best out of my DSLR because I'm clueless at the moment. What book did you buy and was it useful?xxx

    http://floradorarose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the From Snapshots to Great Shots book for the 600D. It is helpful but fiddling with your camera is the best way to learn. Xx

      Delete
  8. I take loads of photos per product or item I photograph. It's so much easier to delete say 40 unneeded photos than having to go back and set everything up to then take another as the ones you originally took weren't good enough :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, it's so much easier to delete photos than having another photo taking session. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...