Saturday 30 August 2014

5 REASONS WHY i LOVE VENiCE


There are so many things why I love Venice. I am even contemplating of living in there. I spent 4 days in Venice which seems like quiet a long time considering how small it is but I love it. I have been exploring the city during mornings and evenings which is quiet nice as there are less people and it feels like a sleepy city. It feels like a place where I can be at home.

1. The Gondola. That should be top on the list right? We befriended a gondolier with his own gondola as he often parks his gondola near our hotel. I ride the gondola every day of course with a discounted price. I prefer to be in small canals rather than the Grand Canal but I did the obligatory gondola ride in there.

2. Caffe Florian. It is considered to be the oldest coffee shop not only in Italy but in the whole Europe. That is one reason enough to love Caffe Florian. But apart from its history, it is also located in San Marco Square with music playing whilst you idly sip your coffee and watching the busy square.


3. The Bellini. I have been drinking and purchased loads of these that I brought with me. I love it although it is like a marmite in which some really love it and some just loathe it.

4. Burano Island. Who doesn't love the colourful houses in Burano. The island is so picturesque. You must visit this island as it is just lovely. It looks like the houses jumped out straight from Pinterest.


5. Doge's Palace. I love it. I can stay there the whole day. I love its gold staircase and its grandiose ceilings. I also love the view from the third floor of the place which looks out over the Gran Canal and over some islands scattering over Venice. It is just so opulent and yet so rich in history.

XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

30 comments:

  1. desperate to visit Venice!!! www.thewanderlusthasgotme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a beautiful place. I think its one of those places that you have to visit for the experience. I don't know how I'd deal with the gondolas though. I'm travelling around Europe next year, hopefully I will stop off at Venice.
    Grace x
    www.grace-gibson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gondola is actually not scary as I thought it would be. It was quiet pleasant actually. Xx

      Delete
  3. Bellinis are amazing and I have always wanted to go on the gondolas, it just looks incredible! I am so adamant to go one year xxx


    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Bellinis. You should try the gondola beaut, it's a wonderful experience. Xx

      Delete
  4. Ahhhh! It looks soooo good! I am so stuck on whether to go here or not! But I think your photos may have just convinced me!

    xx
    http://lexxiannespoonful.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a lovely city worth a visit. Xx

      Delete
  5. Wow Ella, what gorgeous pictures! I would love to visit Venice.If we ever go there, I will be asking you for all the recommendations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went on an art trip to Venice and fell in love! It's one of the few places on earth that I've visited that feels otherworldly! So beautiful! This post makes me itch to got back! Xxx

    Alice Adores Apparel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quiet agree! I really love its quaintness and all. Xx

      Delete
  7. I've never been to Venice before, but it's always been on the list of places I want to visit. The pictures you took look stunning!

    Olivia x Beauty from the Fjord

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olivia! Venice is really worth a visit. Xx

      Delete
  8. I am really jealous of you right now! I really want to go there now! The pictures are really beautiful!

    Juliana Grace | www.julianagraceblogspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juliana! It is a very lovely place. Xx

      Delete
  9. Looks like a lovely place! I hope I can visit Venice someday :) X

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make me wanna visit Venice again with your ohotos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. You should hun. It is a beautiful place to visit. Xx

      Delete
  12. So you finally came to Italy! Liked it? I'd really like to know what differences have you found coming to my country... You know, different culture, food, habits!
    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love everything in Italy Sarah most especially your gelatos. Xx

      Delete
  13. I went to Venice last year and I loved it! This has made me want to go back and visit again! xx

    Kay | What Kay Does

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! It is beyond gorgeous. I've always wanted to visit there, hopefully one day. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...