Tuesday 12 August 2014

PRETTY SHEER LiPS FOR SUMMER



Best-Summer-Lipsticks

I love bold colour for my lipsticks. However, bold lips can be quiet daunting for daytime use especially during summer. I really love seeing a fresh and dewy look during summer and the easiest way to finish it is with sheer lipsticks. Summer also brings sunshine and I think your make-up choices should also reflect to that vibe. Sheer lipsticks are also low-maintenance and fuss-free to use. There are plenty of sheer lipsticks in the market and I would be sharing today my favourite ones.


Sheer-Lipstick-Swatches
Left To Right: Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Shock, Maybelline Baby Lips in Stereo Rose, Bobbi Brown Peach Sorbet, Mac Supersheen Lipstick in Phosphorescent, YSL Sheer Candy Volupte in Succulent Pomegranate, and YSL Sheer Candy Volupte in Iced Plum
Top on my list is the YSL Sheer Candy Volupte in the shades Succulent Pomegranate and Iced Plum. YSL Sheer Candy Volupte are my favourites all summer last year and it remains my top choice until this point. It offers a nice, sheer tint to the lips and feels very moisturising. Like all YSL lipsticks, it's soft and buttery on application and I would not start describing the packaging as it would never end. I have a post about my small YSL lipstick collection in which you could find in here. Succulent Pomegranate is a lovely sheer, bright red shade. Iced Plum is a sheer plummy shade with small glitters running through it. Next on my list is the new Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Lip Balm. It offers 8 hours hydration with a neon twist on its shade compared to the normal Baby Lips. I've got the shade Strike a Rose and Pink Shock. Strike a Rose has a pinky coral-y shade with a hint of rosey scent. Pink Shock is a bright pink shade with strawberry scent on it. The Baby Lips are very sheer on the lips but still gives a nice hint of colour and can be built up. It comes in a plastic packaging in which I have a love and hate relationship. The Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Lip Balm is a good choice for an affordable sheer lipstick. It has four colour on its range and retails for £2.99 each. Next stop is from the latest Moody Bloom Collection from Mac. It's the Sheen Supreme Lipstick in the shade Phosphorescent. It is the perfect sheer pink lipstick for summer. It sheer, glossy, and pretty. Everything that you need for a good summer lipstick. Last but not the least and probably my favourite this summer is from Bobbi Brown's Surf and Sand Collection which is their Sheer Lip Colour in the shade Peach Sorbet. The name speaks it all. It has a gorgeous peachy, coral-y tint and feels very hydrating on the lips. On application, it is rich and creamy and just lovely on the lips. It gives a very nice tint and the shade is just gorgeous.

Sheer-Lipstick-Roundup

Sheer Lipsticks does not have a very good staying power on the lips. However, it can be re-applied so easily that a mirror might not be necessary at all. It just looks perfect for Summer. Do you like sheer lipsticks as well? Till' next time :)


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

10 comments:

  1. The YSL lipsticks are the most loveliest one's I've ever tried!! I adore them!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree. YSL lipsticks are really good. Xx

      Delete
  2. This is a really lovely selection of sheer lipsticks :) x

    Brenda | www.brendabusybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard so many rave reviews about Peach Sorbet, it might be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh Peach Sorbet looks really nice! I'm not that much of a sheer lips kind of girl though, I try to stick to a sheer color and then just feel lazy to reapply throughout the day hahaha. X

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could pull off any lipstick finish Siham and would still look gorgeous! Xx

      Delete
  5. I want to try the new Maybelline Baby Lips especially after seeing your swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my swatches have swayed you to try new things! Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...