Friday 22 August 2014

A TALE OF UNDEREYE CONCEALiNG

Best-Concealers

Due to my bad habit of constantly rubbing my eyes, I tend to suffer dark undereyes. I usually don't bother about it much but I came across some products that helps in that area. Even if you don't suffer from dark undereyes, brightening that area is still the way to go. I must say that having a brighter undereyes makes us appear more awake and fresh looking. Of course not all products that I tried are equal. Some are good, others fail to excite and make a difference. I will be sharing with you what I think are best undereye concealers/brighteners that I have in my stash.

Best-Concealers-Review

On top of everything else and I can't possibly live without is the YSL Touche Eclat. It is more of a highlighter apparently but this is the only thing that works perfectly for my undereye troubles. I have got the shade 2.5 and I have repurchased it quiet a few times already. It just instantly brightens my undereyes. It is also very light and creamy when applied. Honestly, I still haven't encountered anything as good as the YSL Touche Eclat. For a cheaper alternative and almost equals the YSL Touche Eclat is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. It is another brightener for the undereyes. It has a dewy finish and doesn't crease. It is a bit heavier in consistency but it can be blended easily. My recent discovery is the Soap and Glory Kick Ass Blur and Brighten Crayon.  It is a yellow toned concealer that helps counter acts undereye darkness. It stays put for a long period of time and very creamy when applied. As it is in a chubby crayon form, it is easy to apply. As you can probably tell, I tend to like products that can be directly applied to my skin without dabbing my fingers into it. It is just more hygienic. To finish my undereye routine, no matter what product I use, I then dust the Laura Mercier Illuminating Powder. It provides an extra coverage whilst setting my concealer. It also has very almost not noticeable glitters which helps in giving brighter undereyes. It is very light and does not make your concealer cake-y and it helps in keeping your concealers in place.

So these are my top products for undereye concealing. Do you use any of the products that I mentioned? Till' next time :)



XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

20 comments:

  1. I have never seen the S&G Concealer stick before but it looks like something I will need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it as I don't need to dab my fingers on it. It is more hygienic to use. Xx

      Delete
  2. I have the rimmel wake me up concealer and love it too! L'oreal do some really good under eye concealers and have a dupe for the YSL too xx

    JustJulie | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try the Loreal ones I think as it's the sister company of YSL. Xx

      Delete
  3. This is JUST what I needed, YSl touch eclat is literally the product every girl needs and I have run out, definitely want to branch out and try the other products you have used too as I really suffer, this has been very helpful hun xxx

    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other products mentioned are also good hun but the YSL Touche Éclat is still my favourite. Xx

      Delete
  4. The quest to find the perfect under-eye concealer seems to be never-ending! I totally agree that illuminating your under-eye area is the way to go. I haven't tried the Laura Mercier setting powder yet but I've heard great things. It has been on my wish list for ages, actually. It's clear that I'm not a big powder girl ;)

    Alice x | ALICEYEH.pro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very light that you won't notice that you are putting powder on top of your concealer. Xx

      Delete
  5. I'm a big fan of YSL Touche Eclat! What brush do you like to set your concealer with? I'm on the look out for a new one! Xxx

    Alice Adores Apparel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using the Zoeva 142 Concealer Buffer. It is the best brush I have used for concealers. Xx

      Delete
  6. I keep seeing the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer everywhere. I think I need to give it a go for myself! My eyes always need brightening up! x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rimmel one is really good and it lasts long as well. Xx

      Delete
  7. I've just brought my first try into Soap and Glory makeup and I am dying to add Kick Ass to my collection!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soap and Glory has some really good cosmetics in their collection. Xx

      Delete
  8. The Soap and Glory one sounds like something I need to try, I have their Kick Ass concealer, and it goes a little cakey if I am not careful, but this sounds a bit easier to use. I wish Rimmel's Wake Me Up came in more shades - maybe in the Winter when I am a pale girl it will suit me! I've been loving the L'Oreal Lumi one, it's a lot like the YSL, but has maybe a little more coverage. That Laura Mercier powder sounds amazing too, think I need to try that out in Space NK! Thanks for your recommendations Ella. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need the Loreal Lumi. I have heard so many raves about it. Xx

      Delete
  9. I use the Wake Me Up one, it is a pretty good concealer! I'd love to have the Touche Eclat one :D It has been on my wishlist since like forever!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Touche Eclat is their queen Ella. I can't live without it. Xx

      Delete
  10. Lovely post, you have some amazing concealers! I must try the kick ass concealer! Love your blog, just followed through bloglovin'!

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...