Sunday 24 August 2014

BEST GELATO iN ROME


As I spend most of my time hunting down and eating gelato, I think it is appropriate to have my say on what I think are the best gelaterias in Rome. The city is loitered with so many gelato corners but unfortunately, some doesn't even come to a standard of being called a true gelateria. I think the gelato business is overhyped that there are so many of them. However, a scoop or two of a sweet and flavorsome gelato is a sure way to gastronomic heaven. I'll share with you my list of which I think are the best gelato in the infamous city.


VECHi- It is on top of the list as you may know by now that I am a sucker for good appearances. Well Vechi has a very nice gelato boutiques and it even has a branch in Venice. Unlike other gelaterias, Vechi only focuses on classic flavours but their gelatos are really of top qualities. The flavours are so rich and gelatos are made fresh daily. The gelateria also boasts that their gelatos do not have any preservatives and food colouring. Vechi is also a chocolate lovers' dream as they also have a wide selection of gourmet chocolates.



GRACCHi- It is located off-path from the tourist area of the Vatican but it is easily located. It had classic and new flavours. Eventhough it is not in the tourist area, there can be queus at times as it is that popular. Their gelatos are well-priced and their flavours are on top of the game. Their pistachio gelato with toasted Bronte nuts is so dreamy and to die for.




LEMONGRASS- Staying in the Vatican area, Lemongrass has two stores in the centre of the Vatican. It can be easily spotted. Seating in this famous gelateria is quite tricky as there is always queue but eating gelato whilst walking is never a problem for me. I managed to grab a table though on my nth attempt and I consider it a job well done.





DELLA PALMA- Della Palma offers the widest range of flavour of gelatos that I ever encountered. The gelateria boasts of more than 40 gelato flavours. As the choices are massive, I had a hard time choosing what to have. I settled for the Crema di Cappucino and Crema Irish Coffee. It is the best coffee flavoured gelato I ever tasted. A little disclaimer, the queues are always long but the service is always quick.

GiOLLiTi- Last but not the least, Giolliti is the place where everyone raves about. And rightly so as their gelatos are to die for. 
It is considered to be the Rome's first gelateria. The queus are extra long and quiet tricky at times as it is a common favourite of the locals and tourists alike.. I didn't manage at all to grab a seating in here. It is very easy to spot and the area is in a tourist hot spot.

So these are my top five gelato places in Rome. Till' next time :)



XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

20 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is like heaven for me, I don't travel much at all but it is definitely on my want list, you've made me soo hungry too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyday is a good day for a gelato or ice cream will do. Xx

      Delete
  2. I would love to go to Rome some day, even more so now I've seen this post! I love your blog.

    Hayley xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me crave for gelato. I really wish to visit Rome someday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also craving everytime I saw these photos. Xx

      Delete
  4. SO jealous of this! i want to eat some so badly now

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // blog sale

    ps. enter my £300 rayban and beauty goodies giveaway! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always craving of all the goodies that you bake Helen. Xx

      Delete
  5. Ahh they look so yummy really, want to go back to Rome just fro the gelato haha x

    http://indiemaria28.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I even gained weight with all the gelatos that I had! Xx

      Delete
  6. Your photos in this post are fabulous - and the ice cream looks so good x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been craving something sweet all day and this doesn't help at all. Italian gelato is the best. I need some now!!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, this post has made me seriously crave a gelato! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you've joined in the gelato craving bandwagon Amber! Xx

      Delete
  9. This is such an amazing post! I'm seriously craving gelato :D xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I was anywhere near Rome I'd go and grab gelato right now! We have a small gelato place here and I absolutely loveeee it!!

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good gelato. I have none near me and it is really depressing. I have to settle for Ben and Jerrys. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...