Monday 18 August 2014

THE HiGHLiGHTER ROUNDUP

Best-Highlighters-Review

Highlighter is one of make-up products that I can't seem to get enough of. It makes my tired complexion into a fresh and glow-y one. Of course, like millions of other beauty fanatics, I am on a search of a holy grail highlighter and have tried quiet a few. At the moment, I have quiet a few favourites and can't seem to pick the best out of them so I will be feauturing all of them. Each are on top of their game and worth a try. The highlighters that I love are ranging from drugstore to high-end ones.


Best-Highlighters

Starting from Kiko, I have two shades of their Radiant Touch Creamy Stick Highlighter which is 100 Gold and 101 Rose. The highlighter stick can be applied directly to the skin and can be easily blended afterwards. I find that 101 Rose is so pretty to give a subtle highlight on top of your blush for a nice daytime glow. 100 Gold gives a gold and sheer finish. I find it more appropriate for night time use. Both sits on the skin very lightly yet stays for a long time. Sticking to stick highlighter, the Josie Maran Eye and Cheek Lip Colour in the shade Twinkle gives a nice bronze-y highlight. It is small and compact and gives a nice summer glow.  Next on the list is Soap and Glory Glow All Out Powder. This one is more of an illuminator. It has very subtle shimmer and just gives the right amount of highlight in the face. I like to use it on top of my matte foundations to give my skin a bit of glow. Another daytime highlighter that I really love is Mac's Limited Edition Baking Beauties Pearlmatte Face Butter in Pink Buttercream. First and foremost, can I just say that it is so pretty. Secondly, this has been my most use highlighter since last year but as you can see, I still haven't manage to dent this beauty. It gives a pretty pink-y, pearl-y highlight. The Soap and Glory as well as the Mac's highlighter are my top choices for every day highlighting. Then there's the Kevyn Aucion Candlelight Creamy Highlighter. It gives a lovely champagne-y highlight with a dewy finish and not being OTT. I love the fact that it is small and compact so it is handy for travelling. Lastly and the most love highlighter in the beauty world is The Balm's Mary Lou Manizer. It is the most amazing highlighter there is. It is the perfect champagne highlighter. Be wary though as it is really glittery so use it sparingly. However, I cannot find any highlighter that gives the same beautiful finish of the Mary Lou Manizer.

So these are my top choices of highlighters. If you have any other highlighters that you really love, please let me know. Till' next time :)


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

22 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Mary-Lou Manizer! And oh my goodness, that MAC one is so pretty! I love this post, you have such a great highlighter stash! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mac one is really gorgeous and you should get the Mary-Lou Manizer Amber. You can get one from Asos. Xx

      Delete
  2. My fave highlighter is actually a £3 one from MUA in Superdrug! I looove it.
    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for recommending Daisy! I will be surely checking that out. Xx

      Delete
  3. The Kevyn Aucion Candlelight Highlighter is my holy grail. It is the best highlighter there is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love it but I guess there is also a powder version of it. Have you got the cream or powder one?

      Delete
  4. PERFECT post I love the look of the highlighter stick it's my favourite way to apply, I have actualy been using the S&G powder one which I love but it's running out :( xxx


    Blonde of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you gorg! I love the Soap and Glory one and I will be feeling really sad as well if it runs out. Xx

      Delete
  5. I NEED to get that Mary-Lou Manizer! Everyone loves it so I've got to have it for myself, lol.
    Great post!
    Meghan
    Today's Beauty Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get it hun. Every girl needs a Mary Lou-manizer in their life. Xx

      Delete
  6. I have the Glow All Out and I absolutely love it, it is my favourite highlighter. I really want to try the MAC one, even though it is limited edition and the Benefit Watts up. Lovely post, helped me decide what higlighter to pick next, I have really gotten into the recently :-) xxxx

    scarletslippers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my little post helps you somehow Charlotte. Xx

      Delete
  7. I have the Pink Buttercream highlight and I love it so much.. I'm so glad I bought it xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm really glad that I bought it last year. Xx

      Delete
  8. I've only recently started using highlighters as part of my everyday routine and i have 3 in my collection so far. Benefit Sun Beam, Mac Soft and Gentle and The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer. I do love a beautiful glow. Love how healthier and more awake my entire complexion looks. Some great picks here as well. I'll keep them in mind. :)

    slavetovanity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is lovely to have a bit of glow in our complexion. Your highlighter choices are really good. Xx

      Delete
  9. I love the Revlon Highlighting Palette but I really want to try out the Mac Soft and Gentle.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try the Revlon Highlighting Palette. I have heard so many great reviews about it. Xx

      Delete
  10. I'm just getting into highlighters at the moment, for some reason they were never really on my radar *lowers head shamefully*. Think I might start with the Mary-Lou Manizer, as that one seems to be the most popular?
    On another note, and I know how annoying these questions are: do you mind sharing where you got that pineapple tray? Absolutely in love with it!

    X Maja
    www.majaestelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Maja, it's not annoying at all. I got the pineapple tray from Debenhams. Xx

      Delete
  11. Mary Lou Manizer is sooo on my wishlist, everyone raves about it so much that I just have to try it!

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should hun. Mary Lou Manizer is a real beauty. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...