Saturday 16 August 2014

WHAT'S iN MY MAKE-UP BAG: HOLiDAY EDiTiON

Make-Up-For-Travelling

As a continuation of my last weekend's post, I will be sharing with you what make-up items that I brought with me on my holiday. It has been a very difficult task for me to choose what to bring and what not to. I want to only bring few bits but I always ended with bringing too much. I have to re-edit a few times my make-up bag until I think I've brought the appropriate amount and items. All that I brought fits in one make-up bag which I think is the right amount. I really don't want a full or heavy face make-up during the day but I want a nice make-up for evening meals.


For the base, I brought with me one light coverage and one medium one. I brought my Clarins Tinted Moisturiser with SPF15*. I love this as it is light and has a dewy finish. For a medium coverage, I am actually torn between the YSL TOuche Eclat Foundation and the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet which are my top two favourite foundations. I settled for the Chanel one as it is more compact in size and comes in a plastic packaging. I think it is more travel appropriate. I have the YSL Touche Eclat Highlet Pen for my undereye concealing. I cannot find anything that can surpass how good this is. For the primers, I have brought my all time favourite Clarins Instant Light Base*. This is my second tube so that is how much I love it. I seldom repurchase my cosmetics but I really love this one so a repurchase is necessary. For my pores in my nose, I have the sample size of Dr. Brant Pore Refiner Primer in which I got free from my Sephora order. For setting powder, as much as I love my Hourglass  Ambient Lighting Powder, it is too bulky so I brought with me the Make Up For Ever High Definition Press Powder in a smaller size so it fits in very nicely in my make-up bag. Then to set everything, I have the Urban Decay All Nighter Make-Up Setting Spray also in travel size. It really does keep my make-up longer and I just love this,. It deserves all the hype it is garnering as of the moment. For SPF, I have the Clinique's Even Better Dark Spot Defense with SPF45*. It has a very light tint that is not noticeable at all and it has a matte finish. It also dries very quickly so you don't have to wait for a few minutes before starting to apply your make-up.


Moving on to lips, I have the Mac Boldly Bare Lip Pencil because I really love this. It evens out the colour of my lips. For lipsticks, I have the Zoeva Creamy Lipstick* in the shade Cooling Passion for the evenings. It is a very gorgeous red. For a nude alternative, I brought with me the Tom Ford Indian Rose lipstick. Tom Ford lipsticks are just the best. For the sheer option, I have the Bobbi Brown Sheer Lipstick in Peach Sorbet. It is the prettiest sheer lipstick their is. It is pink-y and peach-y at the same time. It also is very hydrating to the lips. For mascara, I have the brought with me the Clinique Feathering Mascara* in which its staying power despite the heat is phenomenal. It is perfect for holidays. For eyeshadows, I had a hard time choosing which palette to bring. I love my palettes and it seems unfair to choose one. Practicality wins and the most compact palette that I own is the Marc Jacobs Lolita Palette. Aside from the fact that the packaging alone is so pretty, it has a good mix of matte and shimmery nude eyeshadows. For my eyeshadow base/primer, I have the Mac Paint Pot in Bare Study. It is a gorgeous chagmpane-y cream eyeshadow that works well as an eyeshadow alone.

For the cheeks, I have two cream blusher and one powder blusher. For the creamy options, I have the Josie Maran Cheek and Lip Colour in the shade Coral. I cannot stop loving this one. This is also good as a lipstick. Then I have the Jouer Tint in Peony. Every one I know that have this blush just loves it. It is the right amount of pink in your cheeks and is super pretty. For the powder one, I have brought my all time favourite Clinique Cheek Pop* in the shade Ginger Pop. Do I have to say more? This blusher is awesome and gorgeous. Nuff said. For the highlighter, as difficult as it is, I only brought one and that is the Kevyn Aucion The Creamy Glow Duo #4. It is very compact and I was quiet disappointed by its size at first but I learn to love it. Its size is just perfect for travelling. It has a sculpting cream in the shade medium which is great in contouring though I doubt that I will use it. The Candlelight Creamy Highlighter will definitely be of use as I love highlighters all year round.


For the brushes, I have the Sephora Pro Full Coverage Airbrush #53 which I really love. It makes my liquid foundation application a breeze. It is a must-have brush for every one. Then I have the Zoeva Luxe Face Definer* for my press powder. I prefer this one for travelling as it takes lesser space than the Real Technique's Face Powder Brush. Then for my powder blusher, I have the Real Technique Blush Brush. I really love this brush as it applies the right consistency of blushes. I then have Zoeva's Silk Finish Brush* for my cream blushers to bluff it and apply it evenly. Keeping with the Zoeva theme as I really love their brushes, I have their Concealer Brush which is the best concealer brush their is and I brought as well five of their eyeshadow brushes with different purposes. I keep all my brushes in a Primark Case with macaroon prints.

So these are the content of my make-up bag. Let me know as what your holiday essentials as well. Till' next time :)



XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07




14 comments:

  1. This is the most gorgeous selection! Tom Ford lipstick and a Marc Jacobs palette <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such an amazing collection of makeup! I can't believe this is only your holiday picks! I would love to try the Urban Decay setting spray. I bet it is great for on holiday x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Georgia! I even find my selectiom excessive. Xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, I am dying for the Clinique cheek pop in Ginger pop so bad. How is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Juliana! I had reviewed the Clinique Cheek Pop previously. You can search it in the sidebar as I can't unfortunately put the link in my comment. In one word, the cheek pop is gorgeous! Xx

      Delete
  4. May i ask where did you get your makeup bags from ?
    Great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clear make-up bag is from John Lewis. Xx

      Delete
  5. I love a good nosey in your bags as you seem to have very pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great assortment of products! I really need to try that new Chanel foundation. Now that we're moving into fall, I'll be getting back to wearing foundation more and that's on the top of my list to buy. Such a cute brush case, btw!

    xoxo
    Kelly
    www.dreaminlace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! You will defo love the Chanel foundation, it's very beautiful on the skin. Xx

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh you literally have the brushes of my dreams and I really need a new foundation as my skin is crying out for help at the moment xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chanel foundation is a really good one Jess. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...