Friday 14 November 2014

MUTED AUTUMNAL NAiLS


I love bold, dark hues that usually comes out during Autumn and Winter. As much as I love them, those shades are always not appropriate for me to use especially when I am at work. Whilst browsing through the recent A/W releases for nail polishes, I found some shades that are autumn perfect yet muted and daily-use friendly. Nothing beats a good neutral nail polish all year round.

Essie Fall in Line- It is part of the Essie's Limited Edition Autumn Collection 2014. It is decribed by the brand as enigmatic jade green. For me, it is dusty greenish creme nail polish with greyish undertones. It sort of fell to the camo-esque trend that hit the catwalks during the last fashion week. It is muted but it somehow remains to be catchy on the nails. The formula is thick and creamy but easy to work with. It is very opaque and the swatches are only done with two coats. You can even get away with just a coat. The finish is glossy and looks uber beautiful.


Barry M Chai Gelly Nail Paint- Like the nail polish above, Chai is part of Barry M's Autumn/Winter 2014 Collection. It is a creme medium-grey with blue undertones to it that makes it more beautiful. Nothing ground breaking in here but I often find grey nail polish so pretty aside from the fact that I am obsessed with grey as of the moment. It needs three coats to get a good opaque shade and it has the trademark super glossy finish of Barry M. Like the rest of Barry M nail polishes, its staying power is quiet remarkable for its very affordable price.

If you are looking for Autumn/Winter appropriate nail polishes but is shy from bold hues, the Essie Fall in Line and Barry M Chai are two perfect nail polishes for you. Till' next time :)


XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

25 comments:

  1. Grey and nude nails are my other favourites apart from dark reds, so that Barry M Chai shade is right up my street! So gorgeous x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chai is tres chic! I always rock grey nail polishes all year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both shades, they're gorgeous for this time of the year!

    xx

    http://robberscorner.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very beautiful. I love grey anytime of the year. Xx

      Delete
  4. Those colours are beautiful, perfect :)

    Love Natasha xx

    www.hernameistashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Essie is very gorgeous and a shade that is so up in my street. I would be haunting it down as it seems to be sold out online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the colors. I don't know why I have a short of obsession with gray nails this fall..

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am overly-obsessed with grey at the moment. Xx

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love the Essie colour - and that notebook is adorable. I am a big fan of your images, you have a real eye for composition x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't she amazing? I always think the photos look fantastic x

      Delete
    2. Yay! Thank you ladies. That is so nice coming from you. Xx

      Delete
  8. These are gorgeous, I adore grey nail shades- in fact last year I was wearing an OPI shade a lot ( I can't remember what it's called) and it looked pretty with midi rings, I will now have to give Barry M and Essie a go as I hardly ever shop for nail polish, I need a revamp xxx


    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fall in Line is gorgeous, I love those kind of muted colors that you can't really call pastel, but more like grayish desaturated tones, loooove that!

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it that sort of shades as well. Sometimes I feel to old for pastels. Xx

      Delete
  10. Ooooh that Barry M shade is gorgeous! Absolutely perfect for Winter! Your photography is stunning, by the way :) x

    Olivia's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the shades you picked! Quite different from the typical autumnal nail polish options :) Now I need to go and break out my gray nail polish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...