Wednesday 26 November 2014

THE RED LiP EDiT

Best-Red-Lipstick

There is something in a red lipstick that makes it so beautiful in the eyes. It is a classic look and never fails to impress make-up aficionados anytime of the year. The red lipstick is glamorous, feminine, and transcends all ages. As the Holiday is fast approaching and many of us will probably be rocking the red lips, I will show you my top choices for red lips from budget choices to high-end ones.

Maybelline Colour Drama Red Essential Lip Pencil- Starting from the bottom of the price range, Red Essential is a gorgeous bright red shade. It has a good opaque shade and last really well on the lips. Two to three coats can give a very nice red tint on the lips. Many claims that the Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencil is a dupe for the Nars Lip Pencils. My thoughts on the whole range can be found in here. It can be use alone or if you prefer, it can also be used as a lip liner. It may come in an affordable price but it is really good.

Zoeva Luxe Cream Cooling Passion Lipstick- Cooling Passion is a bright cool red with blue undertones. It is the perfect red shade for me. I think it is also flattering on most skintones.The formula is rich and buttery on the lips. It also lasts quiet well. Aside form its many beautiful attributes, it is also packaged in a chic gunmetal packaging.

Best-Red-Lips-Swatches
Top to Bottom: Maybelline Red Essential, Zoeva Cooling Passion, The Balm Mia Moore, Estee Lauder Hot Lava, YSL Rouge in Danger
The Balm Girls Mia Moore Lipstick- I am overly-obsessed with The Balm products at the moment. My latest discovery is the Mia Moore Lipstick. It is a rich creamy red lipstick. It has a good colour payoff and one swipe can give you full coverage. It lasts for more than 5 hours and leaves a red stain when it starts to fade. The only downside for this lipstick is that I find it drying to my already dry lips.

Estee Lauder Hot Lava Lipstick- I've worn this nonstop to all Christmas dinners and parties last year. It is a warm red shade with very small gold glitter running through it. The glitter aren't obvious and it gives a nice edge to the lipstick. It gives a very nice sultry and vampy aura when worn. It is really bold but I really love it.

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick in 04 Rouge in Danger- If you are wary about bold lips and red lipstick, this is the best lipstick to start with. It has a sheer finish so you can have it sheer or layered it up for a bolder lip. If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that I have an obsession with the YSL Rouge Volupte Range. Aside from the beautiful packaging, the formula is such a winner to me as I suffer from dry lips all year round. Sheer and balmy! I always save the best for last.

Best-Red-Lips

So these are my top choices for red lips. Do you have a favourite red lip item that you would like to share? Till' next time :)

XoXo,
eLLa
every LiTTLE thing07

12 comments:

  1. I don't wear red lipstick very often but like you said, when I do it makes me feel so glamorous :) Love your selection and I'm also preparing a post about my red Christmas-y lipsticks :) x
    Mummy’s Beauty Corner
    Benefit Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward for you post beaut! Xx

      Delete
  2. GORGEOUS I wear red lipstick every day and really want to try some of the Balm shades, LOVE YSL packaging too xxx

    BlondeOfCarbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very good range of red lipsticks in here. I also love a good red lips. It makes me feel so womanly and sexy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good red lip most esp on important occassions. Xx

      Delete
  4. I rarely wear red lip shades unless they are deep burgundy ones. Saying that I love the look of the Estee Lauder Hot Lava, it looks like a gorgeous shade x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot Lava is gorgeous. It is like a deep red shade. Xx

      Delete
  5. These shades are sooo truly beautiful! I love these true deep bright reds! I've been looking however for more cool toned reds right now! I love Estee Lauders red most!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mia Moore looks delicious! (For the lips of course haha). My favorite one is Ruby Woo, the only thing I hate is that it's super dry, every time I apply it I feel like I'm about to break it, but once it goes on my lips it's red lippy heaven to me :)

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby Woo gave me the same problem. I already have chronic dry lips so my lips just can't handle it. Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and leaving a comment, it means the world to me. Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...